The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron

Eisvogel

I'm also of the opinion that the Latron is fine where it is now, a highly accurate headshot beast. It does fall flat against bosses and close range engagements when you're swarmed, but that's where your sidearm and melee weapons is for (personally running dual vipers and dual ether as complements to it). 

Edited by Tulzscha

Latron works so much better than Paris(personal opinion) With a puncture and piercing mod along with Serration and a Elemental mod you can deal loads of damage. I can currently kill a Moa with full shields with one shot and keep going, sure the clip size is small but it makes it so much easier to keep you ammo up.  Just get a max ammo mod for it.  its all about how well one aims and when is the perfect time to use it.  For infested I used a different weapon that can keep up with others.  Just mod it and let out the sniping beast.

It needs either a mag capacity or reload speed buff. 1/3 the braton's mag, and not even double damage as well has low RoF. Accuracy is comparable when tap firing. A bigger mag or a fast reload would help make up for that. A small damage buff instead would be acceptable too. ie 40-45.

Right now, it's not that much more rewarding than a carefully controlled braton. Other than better ammo economy, but I never run out of rifle ammo with my braton anyways. -_- Bration can be sprayed effectively while being mostly accurate at range.

When can we expect a buff for the good old Latron? I know very few people use it due how lame it's performance is compared to almost any other rifle. I think it's a shame given the fact that it's basically the only semi auto rifle that could reward skill and accurate aiming, but with it's poor dmg, the incredibly low clip for rifle and no make up reload time.... it's hard to try to compete with basically anything. It has no crowd control capabilities, no dmg sustain, no dps... so no wonder no one wants to use it.

I ask because i'm more of the aiming reward type, than just point and click without even aiming and still one shot anything (hek anyone? :3). Can we expect a buff anytime soon?

H1vZmGP.jpg

Amazing weapon but it needs to be modded correctly and with decent notched mods. It should probably be locked untill level 4 like Hek. Come back to it when mods are notched up a bit and you'll see it can do everything you believe it can't. 

Amazing weapon but it needs to be modded correctly and with decent notched mods. It should probably be locked untill level 4 like Hek. Come back to it when mods are notched up a bit and you'll see it can do everything you believe it can't. 

Chopped the rest to avoid the image and extra txt

Well i already posted about this, any weapon potatoed and modded can do anything. That's why i talk about how the performance is in comparison, i love the weapon... but i can see why not many people use it. And it's just not feasible to rely only on weakspot hits as the situations where you can aim happily are non-important, but when you are getting shot from everywhere you can't always wait for a weakspot shot.

Chopped the rest to avoid the image and extra txt

Well i already posted about this, any weapon potatoed and modded can do anything. That's why i talk about how the performance is in comparison, i love the weapon... but i can see why not many people use it. And it's just not feasible to rely only on weakspot hits as the situations where you can aim happily are non-important, but when you are getting shot from everywhere you can't always wait for a weakspot shot.

Then just use another weapon. Not every weapon can be good at everything. The reason why most people use other weapons, is because the Latron is a pew weapon, and not a pew pew pew.

Then just use another weapon. Not every weapon can be good at everything. The reason why most people use other weapons, is because the Latron is a pew weapon, and not a pew pew pew.

The issue isn't that it's a bad weapon, the issue is that it's job can be done almost as well by a carefully controlled braton, while the braton is MUCH more versatile.

Wait, since when did the latron do 40 damage? I swear it's been 36 since I started. :o

Yeah, I had that too a few days ago.

All good, all good.

It should probably be locked untill level 4 like Hek.

Gor blimey no.

Unless I get to keep the one I already have.

The issue isn't that it's a bad weapon, the issue is that it's job can be done almost as well by a carefully controlled braton, while the braton is MUCH more versatile.

Only in that it can deal with groups of infested chargers coming at ya.

Ancients, Runners, Leapers? Latron can handle those fine.

Grineer and Corpus? Easily.

Edit: why doesn't the damn forum software let me give something other than WYSIWYG post editing?

Edited by UncommonUnicorn

Yeah, I had that too a few days ago.

All good, all good.

Only in that it can deal with groups of infested chargers coming at ya.

Ancients, Runners, Leapers? Latron can handle those fine.

Grineer and Corpus? Easily.

A braton can do the job better, more damage per mag. and about as accurate. I already said the problem ISN'T THAT THE LATRON CAN'T DO THE JOB. The problem is that the braton is just about as effective at the latron's niche as the latron itself is, while filling another niche quite well.

A braton can do the job better, more damage per mag. and about as accurate. I already said the problem ISN'T THAT THE LATRON CAN'T DO THE JOB. The problem is that the braton is just about as effective at the latron's niche as the latron itself is, while filling another niche quite well.

Ammo efficiency and polarity slots. Latron is twice as ammo efficient. The effect of mod points increases exponentially, so another 7 points (assuming you slap split chamber on) is a pretty big increase. 

Ammo efficiency and polarity slots. Latron is twice as ammo efficient. The effect of mod points increases exponentially, so another 7 points (assuming you slap split chamber on) is a pretty big increase. 

my braton vandal has a plolarity slot. not to mention I never run out of ammo with it if I aim for the head.

Latron's zoom is better (I believe), and projectile speed is nigh instant while the Bratons' aren't quite instant.

Spend a few hours on the big Corpus defense map with a Latron and the advantages begin to appear.

I still argue that the Latron's (and all sniping weapons) biggest weakness is simply the lack of long distance lines of sight and long distance threats.

Edited by Qb3rt