The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Got No Resonable Way To Farm Fusion Cores After The T4 Surv R5 Nerf

Cerenax

The only significant thing players who were in the endgame had to do in this game was to farm for r5 cores in order to rank up all their rank 10 mods, but after the nerf to the r5 core drop rate there is no place to farm fusion cores at a reasonable pace at all. The addition of fusion core packs to the star chart did not fix this issue since the drop rate there is even lower than in the nerfed surv t4. I went to Triton twice and deployed 10 extractors each time and still did not get a single fusion core out of it.

The amounts of r5s you would get from the old t4 surv were already low, now that they have been nerfed farming for r5s is just not worth our time at all. T4 surv needs to, in the very least, be buffed back to it's old state, but preferentially it ought to be buffed even further because in the current state of things farming r5s for maxing primed mods is the most unproductive grind we have had since the syndicate system before the 10x rep gain buff.

i recommend playing the game.

you get quite a lot of Fusion Energy when you do that.

the game awards Fusion Energy a lot more often than it used to (i.e. never), to compensate for the fact that we have more Mods that are expensive to Fuse up.

nothing has really changed significantly from earlier months & years of the game where people were throwing random Mods and whatever Fusion Cores they got into those Common Mods, and then Uncommon Mods, and then Rare Mods.

you've experienced the same before, it was fine. people played the game, got Fusion Energy, and fused it.

in the time you play a Survival to get 5 R5 Fusion Cores, chances are you have gotten atLEAST the same amount in Uncommon 5's and Common 3's. more if you include the Trash Mods that are piling up in your Inventory not doing anything, when they could be Credits or Fusion Energy.

The only significant thing players who were in the endgame had to do in this game was to farm for r5 cores in order to rank up all their rank 10 mods, but after the nerf to the r5 core drop rate there is no place to farm fusion cores at a reasonable pace at all.

Lulwot?

Over 2300Hrs played (since U7), MR19.

And i still don't care about R5 cores. So, please, speak for yourself.

i recommend playing the game [2]

Edited by Spectre-Agent

Completely accurate. With the advent of SO MANY new R10 mods into our inventories the rate should have stayed the same. The problem is that DE has yet to farm a single Primed mod to max rank. Even DERebecca who plays arguably the most(I think Drew might be higher MR than her) has not attempted what the majority of Veterans are trying to do. The only thing we have left currently is maxing primed mods and to nerf the rewards rates of cores so heinously is virtually a slap in the face. Moving them did nohing to help us because now we simply have no RELIABLE way to get them. I'll be dmned if I run 2 hrs trying to farm for a single r5 pack or eve 2-3 r5 packs in that time. IGNORANCE.

There is no "best place". Star chart survivals and T4S have the same 25% drop rate. 

Yes they all have the same drop rate, but triton has faster rotations due to being an excavation mission.

Over 2300Hrs played (since U7), MR19.

And i still don't care about R5 cores. So, please, speak for yourself.

i recommend playing the game [2]

I have 2k hours and I litterally don't have anything to do other than rank up mods. What are you even doing?

I'm using Amarna on Sedna, and I'm getting TONS of fusion cores. Not sure why you're complaining, because their MUCH easier to get ahold of now.

Except they aren't and that's a mathematical fact. Like Silentcircle said the drop rate in the start chart is 25% for rotation A and 0% on all other rotations, it used to be 75% on surv t4 just for rotation A and there was a chance of getting cores on all other rotations.

I have 2k hours and I litterally don't have anything to do other than rank up mods. What are you even doing?

Playing the game. I don't farm R5 cores, but somehow i maxed Primed Continuity, fused the 2nd one up to 8/10, fused Primed Point Blank, Primed Heated Charge up to 8/10 with my cores collected from regular missions (and i still have a lot of R5 along with Legendary ones). Also, there are a lot of other games. Also, doing smth IRL.

You don't have to farm R5Cs over and over again. Mate, you create your own problems and blame devs for that (they're already gave you a chance to get x3/x5 R5 instead of farming a single ones). If you want to max Primed mods -- you should use not only R5Cs, but also useless mods.

edit:

if you need R5Cs try T4 Interception. Played just right after R5 tweaks -- got 10 or 15 Cores in 15-20min. Maybe i was lucky, but i didn't play T4I after that, so who knows.

Edited by Spectre-Agent

Playing the game. I don't farm R5 cores, but somehow i maxed Primed Continuity, fused the 2nd one up to 8/10, fused Primed Point Blank, Primed Heated Charge up to 8/10 with my cores collected from regular missions (and i still have a lot of R5 along with Legendary ones). Also, there are a lot of other games. Also, doing smth IRL.

No, I meant what are you farming or grinding for? Because that's the thing. I'm not playing Warframe lately because there is nothing left to do: After 2k hours there is nothing to grind or to farm for, the only thing left to do is to max out mods; but I'm not going to do that because of how broken the grindwall is after the t4 surv nerf. I want to play Warframe, I want to play with the buffed Rakta and the pilfering swarm Hydroid, but I can't because there isn't any worthwhile reward for playing any mission anymore.

Do an Excavation, God.

Read the topic.

DE has yet to farm a single Primed mod to max rank.

IGNORANCE.

that's funny, as you're the ignorant one, making drastic presumptions.

that are wrong.

good day.

i want to play the game but i have nothing to do but just play it and enjoy it so i can't play it.

pretty confused.

mathematically, this is much easier than it was in previous months. TIV Survival was basically statcrepe, bound to be fixed eventually.

what you have, is about double the number of Mods, some costing 30% more Energy.

and now, in the game, instead of only Enemies dropping Fusion Cores and trash Mods, you have a source of about the same amount of Fusion Energy that the game rewards you with.

these bundles, ergo, are worth about the same amount of Fusion Energy as you picked up in 5 minutes of Survival or whatever.

but, if you're one of those people that's stubborn for no good reason, and only uses R5 Fusion Cores for some dumb reason - then the Fusion Energy you're getting is being massively multiplied vs before Missions rewarded Fusion Cores.

the crux of this is that there are more places to dump Fusion Energy, and more sources of getting it.

if TIV Survival never rewarded Fusion Cores in the past until the last adjustment to Fusion Cores, nobody would be complaining.

well, whatever. now the best way to get Fusion Cores is to play the game, not to fall asleep repeating the same Mission a thousand times.

(TIV Interception awards quite a large number of Fusion Cores however).

Agreed

Player progression has effectively been destroyed by the nerf. No cores > no mods > no missions > no gear > no game > no players

As counter productive as it sounds, the best thing to do is to just take a break and let the game destroy itself with its own poor design.

When people quit and stop paying money then DE will pay attention.

Money is all that matters.

So what you doing is begging DE to bring back 75% 5R5 drop chances in T4?Then people gonna keep mindlessly doing voids and ignore other nodes in the game?wow,reallly?It's Warframe,not warfarm,blame the game for having repetitive objectives while begging to do the same thing over and over again.You don't need to max out those mods and you know it,R8 is already good enough for any type of missions other than survivals,defences and intercepts

Try any Dark Sector Survivals above level 25 -- I've got a lot of R5 and U5 core packs from Kelashin (Neptune), and a buttload of True Punishments (woohoo more fusion fodder!) The drop rates aren't as good as T4S used to have, but it's a whole lot easier and much less of a hassle than Excavation for me. 

Triton with a proper Team should net you ~5 cores / 10 minutes, assuming you can do 2 excavators / 2.5 minutes which requires a proper team ofc. This is statistically speaking, you can have bad luck of course, but if you do it often enough it should pay out. Compared to that, doing 10 minute survival runs will only net you ~2.5 cores / 10 minutes + extraction, loading time etc. so everyone saying "go Ceres survival" should rather go home, you have no idea.

Compared to old t4s, we had a rate of 7.7 cores / 10 minutes when doing 10 minute runs, a rate of 4.66 / 10 minutes when playing for 20 minutes and a rate of 5.66 / 10 minutes when going for 30 minute runs (which i often did to get more out of a key).

As you can see, Triton now actually comes really close to everything but 10 minute runs in old t4s, and I dare to say those would have stopped sooner or later anyway when players had used up all their syndicate keys. It's sad to have no real incentive to do t4s anymore, but when it comes to core farming, we do have a good alternative now so stop the whining, I stopped mine too.

Edited by Dunkingmachine

So what you doing is begging DE to bring back 75% 5R5 drop chances in T4?Then people gonna keep mindlessly doing voids and ignore other nodes in the game?wow,reallly?It's Warframe,not warfarm,blame the game for having repetitive objectives while begging to do the same thing over and over again.You don't need to max out those mods and you know it,R8 is already good enough for any type of missions other than survivals,defences and intercepts

Why, what are you doing now if not mindlessly grinding "other nodes". Don't grind the T4S wich was at least challanging and hard and you were being rewarded for your grind, but go and grind endless easy missions....wich doesn't give you absolutely nothing if you are unlucky not even a single core just 20 minutes uninteresting easy mode gameplay wich you have to repeate many times...  How is that an improvement?

Agreed

Player progression has effectively been destroyed by the nerf. No cores > no mods > no missions > no gear > no game > no players

As counter productive as it sounds, the best thing to do is to just take a break and let the game destroy itself with its own poor design.

When people quit and stop paying money then DE will pay attention.

Money is all that matters.

Longstretch buddy.

Thats like saying, "R5's WILL MAKE EVERYONE STOP PAYING FOR A GAMES PRODUCTION, ALL BECAUSE I CAN'T GET ONE MOD EVERY 5 MINUTES!!"

Play the game OP. Back in U3, I was stoked just to get a single fusion core, I didn't see my first R5 until Mastery 5 ( Months time taken back then. Prob 5-6 months to get to MR5, and I played every day back then for 8-12 hours straight. )

Edited by deadinflict

So what you doing is begging DE to bring back 75% 5R5 drop chances in T4?Then people gonna keep mindlessly doing voids and ignore other nodes in the game?wow,reallly?

This argument makes little sense to me. What happened when the T4 nerf came into effect? People looked for the next best node (arguably Triton, though I've been using Draco for leveling while gaining core packs at the same time) and sat on it. They're still ignoring the other nodes.

Edited by Glitchesarecool

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on ps4, were jumping from 15.10 to 15.16. 

I'm just hearing about this core nerf in 15.13 and i gotta say, this is awful. The only way i was ever able to rank up any mod quickly was farming T4 Def/Survival for rare 5 packs. 

The only way i can see this not being a bad thing, is if they Nerf the required amount of cores for rank 10 mods. Right now we don't know how many rotations Baro qi tier has. We might start getting the same thing over and over. This might be the reason for the core Nerf. DE might be  foreshadowing that we will have time to upgrade these mods. They also don't want people maxing many extra prime mods and selling them for platinum. Prime Mod's are End Game material, you should be working on these for a very long time. 

All i can say is, i know they have introduced rare 5 packs in some star chart nodes. Hopefully its alright. I guess ill be farming fusion cores for 72 hours straight this weekend or until the update hits. 

"play the game"

"play the game dude"

"just play the game"

you really should add "play the game but not as you want to play it".

it's a fact that now you need x2 (if you are lucky) or x3 more time in order to level Rare rank 10 mod such as blind rage. in hours it's 24 or even 36 hours for a mod.

10 minutes of let say Nuovo or similar high level survival is still more or less better way to grind cores. because there is a chance to get 5 cores in 10 minutes instead of a chance to get 5 cores in 15 minutes.

Grind for cores now is more tedious than before, with slight change in decoration. I still playing only one mission.

There are many positive things in this change however, but from a perspective of player that have it all - all these positive things are worthless.

@ GreenSoup2Hot - i would recommend 10 minutes grind of T4S.

p.s. maybe these raids would have some decent cores rewards though.

Edited by LeshJaeThiHah