The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Is The Moon?

Doriando77

Yeah, I remember that now, but nobody said anything about the moon xD

The "moon" bit is pulled from an Earth Regulator quote: "We deserve more than a cold, dark asteroid!..."

Based on their direct control and extended interest in Earth, I and a few others have determined that the Moon is this "asteroid" (being spoken about in a derogatory nature) Vay Hek is talking about.

Saryn part confirmed to be Moon.

Look, her boobs aren't THAT big...

The "moon" bit is pulled from an Earth Regulator quote: "We deserve more than a cold, dark asteroid!..."

Based on their direct control and extended interest in Earth, I and a few others have determined that the Moon is this "asteroid" (being spoken about in a derogatory nature) Vay Hek is talking about.

I wasnt talking about boobage. Mooning should show more direct way to what i am thinking.

I always thought he was talking about Ceres, but now that I think of it, that's just a shipyard. A really big shipyard.

If you're correct about the moon, I hope that's why it hasn't been featured much at all.

The moon is the moon. If they said "asteroid", I imagine they mean an asteroid. For example, Cruithne fits the bill. http://io9.com/the-story-behind-earths-other-moon-and-its-completely-1687932128

Not one of the larger planetoids of the Origin system.

However, that's most-likely a reference to the asteroid mining tileset, though, as that's what existed at the time.

The moon is the moon. If they said "asteroid", I imagine they mean an asteroid. For example, Cruithne fits the bill. http://io9.com/the-story-behind-earths-other-moon-and-its-completely-1687932128

Not one of the larger planetoids of the Origin system.

However, that's most-likely a reference to the asteroid mining tileset, though, as that's what existed at the time.

Hence when I say they're talking about it in a derogatory nature. Vay Hek is attempting to rally the Grineer to push harder for the full conquest of Earth. And I'm not even speculating that it MIGHT be derogatory, Hek's line is, again "cold, dark asteroid!", spoken in a manner very reminiscent of your typical "this place is S#&$" dialogue.

Basically: he's not calling it an asteroid because it's an asteroid, he's calling it an asteroid because he wants to implant the idea of it being nothing but a worthless space rock in the minds of his soldiers, pushing them to fight harder for this new land.

Let's have an example:

The year is 22222, Earth has run out of resources. There is no more room for humanity to expand through it - we can barely scrape by, but it is DRASTICALLY overpopulated.

Then news of a new planet comes out: a planet that we can reach and inhabit. Companies or government or whatever want to encourage people to go there, so how will they do so?

Will they speak of Earth fondly: "Leave Earth, your home, the cradle of our species, and go to this far out planet that will take time and your money to reach."

Or will they attempt to turn people against it: "Leave Earth, this expended husk of a world, and travel to a new paradise that this dead planet no longer can be."

Remember: Vay Hek's a politician, and that broadcast is VERY MUCH a "we will make this place ours!" - "Earth for the Grineer! Earth for our Queens!"