Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Nexus - Yet Another Moba

RazorTip

So, just like the title and the video below say, we're getting another MOBA.

With Warhammer 40K.

God help us all.

Thoughts and opinions, folks? And let's try to keep it civil. Do you guys think this is gonna work, or going to be a waste of time and resources?

I'm not gonna lie here, I was among those players who wanted a sequel to Space Marine and Dawn of War 3, not this... heresy.

Below is the IGN description of this new title:

Whitebox Interactive and Games Workshop's will be premièring a new MOBA PC title called Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena during PAX East next month.

Set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, Dark Nexus Arena offers players with the choice to battle it out in four-versus-four battles as Space Marines, Orks, or Tau. More Warhammer 40,000 factions will hit the game in the future, such as Sisters of Battle, Dark Eldar, Eldar, and Chaos Space Marines armies.

Players can customize their Veterans with wargear and special abilities and teams can be comprised of multiple races and classes. Tasked with collecting enemy souls and kills within Dark Eldar arena, teams win “through bloody executions which feed the soul-thirst of the evil Dark Eldar race.”

"We are thrilled to be working with Games Workshop to launch the first MOBA in the Warhammer 40,000 universe," said Jonathan Falkowski, CEO of Whitebox Interactive in a prepared statement. "We are hard-core MOBA players with a shared passion for the Warhammer 40,000 intellectual property here at Whitebox. Our aim is to deliver a highly-polished experience that a player of any skill level can step into and find success and enjoyment."

Dark Nexus Arena is slated to launch in 2016 and all playable characters will be automatically unlocked for all players. It will enter Early Access in Q2 2015, which players can sign up for on the official website.

Players can get hands-on with the free-to-play MOBA and twin-stick shooter mash-up during PAX East, March 6 - 8 at booth 6231 and 7228). 

I'm not gonna lie here, I was among those players who wanted a sequel to Space Marine and Dawn of War 3, not this... heresy.

871.gif

Edited by RazorTip

Moba market is oversaturated already. It won't work. 

I'm surprised they haven't made a survival game instead, those seem to be the latest developing craze right now (also stupidly oversaturated)

But at least those tend to be more fun than MOBAs, and not so competitive.

But at least those tend to be more fun than MOBAs, and not so competitive.

What's "fun" is arguable and mostly dependant on one's tastes.

My point being, even despite the similarities in gameplay, heroes and map layouts in mobas provide a noticable difference between them, while some of the survival games on the other hand look exactly like one another, with both gameplay and graphics.

I mean, just go look at steam early access, I guarantee you'll find like 3-4 games you could mistake for each other.

Edited by Shifted

What's "fun" is arguable and mostly dependant on one's tastes.

My point being, even despite the similarities in gameplay, heroes and map layouts in mobas provide a noticable difference between them, while some of the survival games on the other hand look exactly like one another, with both gameplay and graphics.

I mean, just go look at steam early access, I guarantee you'll find like 3-4 games you could mistake for each other.

"Fun", I mean, as in you work with other players to remain alive, cooperating to survive and clear the level, like in Left 4 Dead. MOBAs on the other hands are more competitive, you work with others to crush the players on the enemy team, and if we were to compare the two in terms of toxicity, I think it's safe to assume MOBAs reign supreme.

Mind you, I'm not saying Survival games don't have trolls and griefers, it's just that competitive games that pit us against other people tend to bring out the worst in us all, believe me, I've been there.

But I see what you mean, and I agree with you.

Edited by RazorTip

I watched that video and first of was that ork wearing an native american headdress??? and now for what I mainly wanted to say. I don't ever want to play this game or buy it, it makes no sense! every single faction has space ships so why would they be stuck in an arena?

AND DON'T YOU TELL ME THE CREEPS ARE GOING TO BE GRETCHIN! 

also if an ork can 1v1 a space marine im playing this game even less, if that's even possible.

as for the big necron monster thing, why  would it be immobile?? most necrons can teleport if there's a monolith nearbyand also why build it with a skull made out of bone? bone is weaker than what ever the necrons already use.

so all in all I think its going to suck hard, and I don't want to touch it.

Games workshop giving licence right and left.

GIVES US STRATEGY OR ANOTHER 3RD PERSON SHOOTER YA GITZ, cut the space chess, failed xcom ripoff, blood bowl is fine i guess.

Edited by Morgax

Games workshop giving licence right and left.

GIVES US STRATEGY OR ANOTHER 3RD PERSON SHOOTER YA GITZ, cut the space chess, failed xcom ripoff, blood bowl is fine i guess.

They're desperate to plug the holes in their sinking ship, but Desperation gives the worst kind of advice.