Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Pc] Lack Of Mmo Feel For A Hardcore Player

Aodan

False Postive or not, instead of grinding up your MR new players should focus on building the loadouts to allow them to easily conquer content.

First thing I did was rush a Boltor P and with Syndicates, I quickly got my Synoid. There is tons of information on top DPS weapons or Utility weapons out there so that new players can figure out what weapons are trash and which ones are worth investments.

Why is it anyone else's business what priorities I have in the game? My only goal is to get all of the things that I want and rank them up so I can put a decent build on them. I still to this day have not even bothered to max out my Serration, or Heavy Caliber, and I'm MR18 (almost 19). I'm sure that probably irks the S#&$ out of you, but guess what? I can hold my own in endgame content as long as we aren't attempting a record run. That's not my prerogative, that's not why I play the game, and I'm sure plenty of other Tenno don't play it for that singular purpose either. Let others enjoy it without getting upset that everyone isn't up to your standards.

How the hell are you expecting a 1400+ conclave rating? I'm a founder and been here for 2 years and my "try hard" builds hardly ever go over 1000.

I only broke 1400 after investing into my carrier/sweeper. 1500 Conclave Rating allows you to manipulate higher loot tables. Also with 1400+ rating I feel slightly safer that they have invested into their mods, rather than going in with a r5 serration.

Oh, so it's just a matter of "play by the meta and not for fun"?

Listen, pal. No matter what game you play, you're expecting far too much from a PUG.

The invite system exists for a reason. You're more than free to organize a team that meets your expectations. It seems silly to rag on people for playing for fun in non-organized play.

I have spent the time finding and keeping in touch with those players. However, there are times in which I can play for an hour or so at work and I'm more than likely forced to accomplish something without those prefered players. Thats where this /rant comes from.

So in MMO terms. Your raid group is not on. You expect to do high content despite this. Everyone else you pug with should be on your level or accommodate you.

I only broke 1400 after investing into my carrier/sweeper. 1500 Conclave Rating allows you to manipulate higher loot tables. Also with 1400+ rating I feel slightly safer that they have invested into their mods, rather than going in with a r5 serration.

Super high conclave doesn't mean they are running the best build, just that they are using mods that have the highest rating.

It lets you manipulate loot tables ? What ?

I hope that U16 will change things. Even in pugs in most MMOs I've played with ppl in VOIP either vent or TS3.

I just hate trying to coordinate with rando's over a text box or worse deal with players who ask to join your group after you advertise in recruitment and they have no idea what your doing.

If you have to coordinate, its obvious they have no idea what they're doing. Unless there is some specific plan to set in motion, like the recent Escalation tactical alert, everyone should already know how to play all the mission types. Mastery rank, unfortunately not being a great indicator of player experience.

First thing I did was rush a Boltor P and with Syndicates, I quickly got my Synoid.

Oh, dear.

This might sound crazy to you, but the majority of people play this game to have fun, not meet some draconian and arbitrary standards expected of them by someone with no more authority than they have. If getting random people with random setups is that much of a shock to your system, play private and browse the LFG subforum.

Why is it anyone else's business what priorities I have in the game? My only goal is to get all of the things that I want and rank them up so I can put a decent build on them. I still to this day have not even bothered to max out my Serration, or Heavy Caliber, and I'm MR18 (almost 19). I'm sure that probably irks the S#&$ out of you, but guess what? I can hold my own in endgame content as long as we aren't attempting a record run. That's not my prerogative, that's not why I play the game, and I'm sure plenty of other Tenno don't play it for that singular purpose either. Let others enjoy it without getting upset that everyone isn't up to your standards.

Again has nothing to do with others, It has to do with randos joining my group when I can not get my prefered players who should be able to play well based on their MR / Rating. You honestly are the perfect example of what I've ran  into.

Esp when I'm Nekros, my job is Desecration and to assist with nullifiers on 40m+ T4s, but I've ran into mulitple players (nova, vauban, etc) who end up with 1/4 my kills and constnatly needs to be babysat on killing nullifiers either due to low play skill or poorly ranked mods.

I'm the one who now has to sit there and carry players as well as endure the suck just so I can hit that 40m or 60m mark without losing the rewards for that amount of time spent.

So in MMO terms. Your raid group is not on. You expect to do high content despite this. Everyone else you pug with should be on your level or accommodate you.

Should be on a level that represents their time invested into the game.

IF your MR8+ and can meet 1300+ rating, you should be able to hold your on.

Key word "should"

Oh, dear.

This might sound crazy to you, but the majority of people play this game to have fun, not meet some draconian and arbitrary standards expected of them by someone with no more authority than they have. If getting random people with random setups is that much of a shock to your system, play private and browse the LFG subforum.

I do that, yet on weird play times or extra time I may get to play, I still have to make pick-up groups who have these players in it oftenly.

It is a shock, cause void, OD, etc are suppose to be end game content. Being MR8+ and rating of 1300+ should mean you have a fairly decent grasp on the game and how to play it, even if you play it for fun.

What isn't fun is failing T4voids, ODs, etc when you've spent the last 30mins already carrying them.

If you have to coordinate, its obvious they have no idea what they're doing. Unless there is some specific plan to set in motion, like the recent Escalation tactical alert, everyone should already know how to play all the mission types. Mastery rank, unfortunately not being a great indicator of player experience.

That is how I feel.

In my example with an MR 16 Frost P. We did 2x Frost and 2x Mag w/greedy. There should of been no issues but at 600cryotic the other frost lost an Excavator, and did again mulitple times all the way up to 1500 which caused both me and the 2 other players to lose out on possible rewards.

Is that fair? Just cause he "may" want to play for "fun"? No, simply not even close.

I asked for specifics and he simply didn't play to the MR/Rating he possessed. That is again what this /rant is about.

First thing I did was rush a Boltor P and with Syndicates, I quickly got my Synoid. There is tons of information on top DPS weapons or Utility weapons out there so that new players can figure out what weapons are trash and which ones are worth investments.

Ah, you're those people. Strictly abiding to the meta with no inbetween, well we will have fun while still not following the meta but achieving the same result.

Yes allow new players to quickly disregard weapons based on theoretical numbers and DPS, and not mechanics/their own personal feel of the weapon. That's very healthy to get someone into the game. /sarcasm

I do that, yet on weird play times or extra time I may get to play, I still have to make pick-up groups who have these players in it oftenly.

It is a shock, cause void, OD, etc are suppose to be end game content. Being MR8+ and rating of 1300+ should mean you have a fairly decent grasp on the game and how to play it, even if you play it for fun.

What isn't fun is failing T4voids, ODs, etc when you've spent the last 30mins already carrying them.

OD and Void are nowhere near endgame content. Going past 30 minutes and over wave 50 like a maniac may be to some, but they're not intended to be insanely difficult. They're meant to be more difficult than your standard mission, but in no way is it endgame. They're late midgame, tops.

This is far, far, far away from being an mmo. If anything it's a 3rd person dungeon crawler with heavy emphasis on hack and slash elements and everything is based on instance mechanic. Our liset is the "lobby" and the map nodes are "public rooms".

This isn't an mmo, although I think this game could really use some mmo elements, specifically some mmorpg elements.

It's an MMO...

It could stand to have more MMO elements injected into it, but it's an MMO now.

A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously. By necessity, they are played on the Internet.[1] MMOs usually have at least one persistent world, however some games differ. These games can be found for most network-capable platforms, including the personal computer, video game console, or smartphones and other mobile devices.

MMOGs can enable players to cooperate and compete with each other on a large scale, and sometimes to interact meaningfully with people around the world. They include a variety of gameplay types, representing many video game genres.

-Wikipedia

The only thing missing is a classic persistent world.  A persistent world would be nice, but is not necessary to be classified as an MMO. It can even be argued that a persistent world exists now.

Gradivus Dilemma highlighted the fact that players could compete with each other on a large scale as determined by which faction they chose to support.

Eyes of Blight highlights the fact that players can cooperate to save individual Relays. Were it not an MMO then your individual contributions would have earned you specifically what you worked for. i.e. Earth relay would still exist on PC if you had completed the mission to save it. The fact that all PC member lost the same Relays supports the argument for the game offering a persistent world.

If anything, Warframe is an MMOTPS.

DE_Steve has referred to the game as an MMO-Lite ( I can only assume due to the lack of quests and persistent world).

It's an MMO... Players just haven't accepted that fact yet.

Should be on a level that represents their time invested into the game.

IF your MR8+ and can meet 1300+ rating, you should be able to hold your on.

Key word "should"

You are relying on numbers too much, the number which don't represent player skill.

The numbers can mean a lot of different things:

-Rough playtime(higher MR is usually more hours spent leveling stuff, but not always)

-If a person is a minmaxer(mr and/or rating)

Ratings can be easily "bought", doesn't mean the player knows how to use the gear.

MR can be somewhat bought too, affinity boosts and repfarming strategy.

OD and Void are nowhere near endgame content. Going past 30 minutes and over wave 50 like a maniac may be to some, but they're not intended to be insanely difficult. They're meant to be more difficult than your standard mission, but in no way is it endgame. They're late midgame, tops.

So with that, then why are players who have the MR/rating still unable to hold their own in that content?

Also why are players trying to attack me as if I try to group with ppl who are just playing for "fun"

AGAIN I'm posting specifics and there are players that meet them yet don't play the skill that should be behind them.

Again has nothing to do with others, It has to do with randos joining my group when I can not get my prefered players who should be able to play well based on their MR / Rating. You honestly are the perfect example of what I've ran  into.

Esp when I'm Nekros, my job is Desecration and to assist with nullifiers on 40m+ T4s, but I've ran into mulitple players (nova, vauban, etc) who end up with 1/4 my kills and constnatly needs to be babysat on killing nullifiers either due to low play skill or poorly ranked mods.

I'm the one who now has to sit there and carry players as well as endure the suck just so I can hit that 40m or 60m mark without losing the rewards for that amount of time spent.

I'm not entirely sure what you're implying by me being a "perfect example". Are you attempting to state that because I don't value peak DPS builds that I'm somehow less skilled at the game? If so, that's simply not true, since you only need peak DPS to make up for lack of skill if you're doing anything short of endurance runs on endless missions. I get by just fine with a rank 8 Serration and I don't feel like formaing all of my primaries to make room for the extra two ranks missing from it and Heavy Caliber. It's a matter of personal preference. If I reach a point where I've run out of new weapons to rank up, I'll likely turn over and start formaing my keeper weapons to fit the upgraded mods. I wouldn't be doing it to satisfy anyone but myself though.

Beyond that, S#&$ happens. People screw up. They aren't just there to leach exp, resources, and parts off of your efforts. They have their own priorities. If you truly feel you're babysitting every pug match it seems like you might just need to play solo regardless of your seeming aversion to it.

Edited by Kestral9999

snip

Here, i'll highlight the very definition that you linked.

"which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously." 4 players isn't a large number.

We don't even have servers for crying out loud, everything gameplay is peer hosted. MMOs have servers.

Relays and dojos are not "persistent world", they are just rooms that have a higher player capacity.

If you strip away all the "pretty and feeling inducing makeup" of warframe you are left with a 3rd person dungeon crawling hack and slash game that has a lot of collectables. You "host rooms" that 3 other players can join and then you do whatever the mission objective is. It never changes, you can't deviate from the map. You are locked in that instance.

Warframe to mmo is like cod to planetside.

Warframe is not an mmo, as much as it wants to be.

Edited by kiteohatto

MMO is massively Multiplayer Online. We have the Multiplayer-Online part, but not the massive. Until recently, you couldn't see any more than 3 other players at once. The only thing "massive" was the chat portion. 

People play the way they want. Get in a top 3 guild that does regular purges if you want to have a steady supply of people who play the way you want. 

Conclave doesn't manipulate drop tables, unless you consider boss drop tables, due to dynamic scaling.

If you see high MR but low skill, then you are picking the wrong numbers to see.

If you see high conclave but low skill, then you are picking the wrong numbers to see.

If you are inviting pugs and getting low skilled players, then you need to change how you select your randoms.

Change your expectations. I don't know what you're running (content wise), but you don't need a 1400 conclave for anything DEAC. And even nonDEAC doesn't need high conclave. I can think of 2-3 different loadouts for each vital frame that don't go above 900 conclave, but can do 100+ waves. That level of content doesn't require much skill, but coordination and a plan prior to entry.

If you are trying to get high skilled players to group with, start with applying to a #1 guild from one of the past few events. Bonus points if you can get in one right after a purge. Show your skill, and watch other player's event ratings. 

Check how much EXP they have on their most-played weapons, and what they are. If it's something like a Snipetron, you've got an old vet who found something that works and stayed there. I know someone who never got past MR7 simply because they didn't see a point. MR != skill, and conclave != skill. There are better things to measure skill by, and the last tactical alert proved that.

Oh, one last thing: Stop coming to Warfarm with your expectation to see a GearScore. Conclave is one of the most broken systems in the game currently. Rare mods that grant utility also give stupid amounts of conclave rating, and has no connection to the power of a loadout. Again, you don't need absolute maxed mods to do the highest nonDEAC you want.

Edited by Magnar21