The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Is Better Played Solo

nekrojiji

I love playing Mesa, in my opinion it's the most wellrounded frame in the game at the moment.

I can solo, with ease, any mission except high level defense against ranged enemies.

There is one thing that I hate about Mesa.....

Why do I have to abandon my main defensive skill to the rest of my group!?

That is the reason ..... I mostly play solo. 

Why can't the rest of my group receive a separate laso that cycles amongst them or better yet, give each of my group mates a laso for the duration!? So I would keep mine and the rest of the group receives a boost for having a Mesa.

No other frame that can give somethign to the group sacrifices something to do that!

So .... there! that's why I think Mesa is better played solo as the description sais ..... the vagabond, the outcast. 

Edited by nekrojiji

The cycle's probably going to stay, unless they change Shooting Gallery's augment to something else. Other wise the current one would be useless without the switching mechanic.

To me the selling point of the ability is the weapon jamming, and letting everyone have it at the same time seems slightly unbalanced. Perhaps the switching is meant to encourage players to stay close to each other, like if someone splits up, the defense falls apart etc.

The cycle's probably going to stay, unless they change Shooting Gallery's augment to something else. Other wise the current one would be useless without the switching mechanic.

To me the selling point of the ability is the weapon jamming, and letting everyone have it at the same time seems slightly unbalanced. Perhaps the switching is meant to encourage players to stay close to each other, like if someone splits up, the defense falls apart etc.

Mesa should not suffer if one random pub goes far from it ...... 

If the cycles stays it should only work if the receiving frame is inside a maximum range near Mesa.

Edited by nekrojiji

Mesa should not suffer if one random pub goes far from it ...... 

If the cycles stays it should only work if the receiving frame is inside a maximum range near Mesa.

I don't really find a problem with it though, maybe it's because I pretty much modded for Shattered Shield. I really only use Shooting Gallery if can be bothered to press 2, kinda like Ballistic Battery. The stun is nice, but mine has literally no range to it, so the only thing it offers for me is damage bonus, 30 something % damage bonus, which is not that big of a penalty in my opinion if you have an entire squad to deal damage with.

Shooting gallery should be for you AND another teammate since the beginning not just one user and her main defensive skill is shatter shield, that godly 95% DR from ranged attacks...

OP can't understand how Mesa works apparently... Lassos for everyone at the same time = too OP. Using SG alone for survival = inneficient.

Shooting Gallery is by far from Mesa's defensive skill. That ability lies in the 95% damage reduction from Scatter Shield. Other than that, Mesa is brilliant in multiplayer, provided you have a Limbo to banish her.

Because Shatter Shield works very well against Napalms, Tar Moas, Bombards, Hellion .....

Mmmh

Please, keep soloing

I will, ty!

Edited by nekrojiji

They need to make it manually to allies to a self buff

A self buff no allies

Manually: press 2 again to switch for players

The power currently is annoying you build for duration in a 4 group you get 5 seconds it's like really I wasted energy for that. It's a unreliable skill as you cast and ok your gd then a big group comes and your skill goes to another player it's like WTf while it does not do anything once it swaps to another player you have to band aid it with an augment to get a blind effect.

Um... 95% damage reduction to ALL damage.... so yes, it does.

Actually it's 95% DR to projectiles.

Melee mobs still shred Mesa to pieces.

Toxin Ancients and their Toxin aura can and will kill you outright at high level.

Bleeding still proc through Shatter Shield.

Bombard/Napalm projectiles only get DR on DIRECT IMPACT only, meaning if a Napalm shoots you and you are not very far away from the impact point, prepare to take full explosion damage. To add insult to injury, the lingering fire will still damage you as normal.

Don't even think about purposely getting full direct hit from a Hellion's missile barrage.

Edited by neoragdoll

Actually it's 95% DR to projectiles.

Melee mobs still shred Mesa to pieces.

Toxin Ancients and their Toxin aura can and will kill you outright at high level.

Bleeding still proc through Shatter Shield.

Bombard/Napalm projectiles only get DR on DIRECT IMPACT only, meaning if a Napalm shoots you and you are not very far away from the impact point, prepare to take full explosion damage. To add insult to injury, the lingering fire will still damage you as normal.

Don't even think about purposely getting full direct hit from a Hellion's missile barrage.

this is true its only the damage from bullets that have reduced damage

i play Mesa pretty frequently and i have never really had trouble with the switching, i do think it could have been done better but unless youre fighting infested Shatter Shield is what keep you alive instead of SG. and honestly with everything else Mesa has going for her id say the switching isnt a bad a balance, though like i said it could have been implemented better. and as for her better in solo i only kinda agree with that, some frames are generally considered better in solo (Ash and Mesa mainly) because their abilities do not CC or have utility though i disagree with that thought process, i think killing is a legitimate way to contribute to a game to a team ( you need to keep the waves moving and what not)

Um... 95% damage reduction to ALL damage.... so yes, it does.

If by ALL you mean projectile (which does not include wall hitting missle aoe explosions, grenades, sap bombs, mines, tar artilery, teleporting melee grineer, swarms of infested so... practically >50% of the posible damage types) than you haven't played Mesa.

Go fight the swarms of infested on Eris and see if Shatter Shield helps you in any way!

Edited by nekrojiji

I am assuming you are not counting Augment mods, as Safeguard switch is like an instant sacrifice for Loki -if he is not invisible.

Nekros has Soul Survivor and Despoil - are arguably group benefits but sacrifice Nekros health/survivability.

**Valkyr Paralysis finisher animations getting a player glitches into the floor or object is a sacrifice that basically removes the player from contributing.**(On PS4 awaiting the finisher environment clipping fix)

The Only non-augment that hurts the caster if the group is not close together would be Oberon's Renewal.

-It drains energy trying to heal "out of range" teammates (That is punishment because your team is not close together.)

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

**Valkyr Paralysis finisher animations getting a player glitches into the floor or object is a sacrifice that basically removes the player from contributing.**(On PS4 awaiting the finisher environment clipping fix)

That's a very big glitch .... and DE should fix this ASAP if that happnes! :)

It also deflects rockets, the skill makes you vulnerable to explosion and melee attacks only, for a 95% DR seems fair if you ask me, other frames are lacking in survivability moves or have other requisites like Mirage`s eclipse, so whats the problem here then?

It also deflects rockets, the skill makes you vulnerable to explosion and melee attacks only, for a 95% DR seems fair if you ask me, other frames are lacking in survivability moves or have other requisites like Mirage`s eclipse, so whats the problem here then?

1 .... rockets, almost 100% of the time, will be deflected into a nearby wall (except if in a wide open space like a few rooms in the void and the bombard is not shooting from above you) and you will take the full damage of the blast that is 4 times larger than the impact (the one that you take only 5% of).

look at the Ogris .... 150 impact damage and 600 explosion damage in a 6m range

2 .... the devs implemented Shooting Galery's laso stun to complement the shatter shield if you are mobile enough. Yes Shatter Shield provides a very good defense against projectiles, but this was not the subject of my post.

If you go to higher levels ...... and base your defense only on Shatter Shield you will die ...... you will still take a lot of damage most of which is not affected by the 95% damage reduction. 

Shater Shield is used for the enemies that are outside the range of Shooting Galery. If you are mobile enough and moded properly Shootign Galry stops much more damage than Shatter Shield can ever stop.

But the point of my post was not about which one is better .... my point was that Mesa sacrifices something if played in a group and no other frame sacrifices anything while in a group.

Please get back on track people! 

Edited by nekrojiji

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly enough, hurting Mesa's power duration actually helps SG a lot. The lasso switches betwwen players in less than a second, jams a good deal of enemies, and switches and renews the effect in between everyone quite efficiently. One Mesa I pubbed with today had that done apparently, and her SG was pretty much setting a no-enemy-fire cordon around the defense capsule for as long as she could spam it.