Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Female Warframe Improvements...

Haruwa

Am I the only girl around here that thinks the female warframes are offensively small? Nothing up top nothing in the back... When I first loaded in me and some others I started playing this game with actually had trouble telling if one of the warframes was really female at all until we saw it was infact included in the female bundle meaning it had to be... probably... most likely female. Considering I'm going to end up buying all three and I'm effectivly having to pay for the pleasure of their company/actually getting to be a female warframe since all the starters are guys... IDK I expected a little more appeal. It's a woman for crying out loud it doen't have to be so flat just because it's a fighter unless you are telling me warframes bind their chests or something.

Anyways lack of visual appeal aside it would be nice if there was a free starter female I could play with right out of the gate?

Anyways lack of visual appeal aside it would be nice if there was a free starter female I could play with right out of the gate?

I'm not female but I agree. It's a little surprising that there's no female starter frame choice. A few female friends of mine might be put off slightly by this. Hopefully, this is improved soon.

@Haruwa: when you say nothing up top and in back... do you mean bums and boobs? I thought they were... uhm, round enough...? They look quite female to me, no offense. But I guess the Grineer agree with you since they keep saying "He's here!" and "...flank him". They can't seem to tell the difference either. :P (yes, placeholder, I know)

When I think of a kunoichi, I picture a slim, muscular, and dextrous woman, who can easily be mistaken for a male if she hides her face. I do not dislike this, as ninja are supposed to be just that, otherwise it is less (dare I say) believeable. Thusly, since the Tenno are essentially space ninjas (according to the majority), I do not see the problem in that regard.

However, while I myself don't care if the character I play matches my actual gender, I can understand the dissatisfaction of not being able to match your character's gender to your own right from the get-go. Hopefully in time, that will change.

@Haruwa: when you say nothing up top and in back... do you mean bums and boobs? I thought they were... uhm, round enough...? They look quite female to me, no offense. But I guess the Grineer agree with you since they keep saying "He's here!" and "...flank him". They can't seem to tell the difference either. :P (yes, placeholder, I know)

Yeah pretty much that's what I mean. But they are honestly a little.. well.. flat to me for what I'm used to both IRL and MMO wise. I just can't like it.

I'd even be happy with giving me a slider setting for it so I can decide if I want to play as less than flat char and just charge me for the trouble of having to make the option. Seems fair to me make it $5 or something and call it even.

When I think of a kunoichi, I picture a slim, muscular, and dextrous woman, who can easily be mistaken for a male if she hides her face.

At that point they might as well be called male warframes since for all intended purposes they might as well be male. If all it takes is hiding the face to make them look male then they are not really female in the first place which is exactly what I don't like about them. The point of wanting to play as a female warframe is for it to look undiniably female in all regards. If I can't tell it's female or have to question it ever or at any given point then it's not what I was looking for when I decided to choose a female warframe. It might be fine for you since you are a guy but no way any actual female would be okay with loosing all her curves just so she could call herself a space ninja.

Edited by Haruwa

Think of it this way. Would you really want huge watermelon sized sweater puppies bouncing around every which way while trying to do acrobatic manuevers? And having some junk in the trunk is nice and all but for this kind of game it really doesn't matter. For me the Female warframes do have some curves and they are ok with their assets just how they are. Im pretty sure the design team wanted to go for this look otherwise the female warframes would have looked drastically different. All in all, how they are styled fits the game and its setting, its not just about a gender its about being a space ninja.

Think of it this way. Would you really want huge watermelon sized sweater puppies bouncing around every which way while trying to do acrobatic manuevers? And having some junk in the trunk is nice and all but for this kind of game it really doesn't matter. For me the Female warframes do have some curves and they are ok with their assets just how they are. Im pretty sure the design team wanted to go for this look otherwise the female warframes would have looked drastically different. All in all, how they are styled fits the game and its setting, its not just about a gender its about being a space ninja.

If doesn't have to be watermelon sized. Not wanting them to be pancakes doesn't mean I want them that large and you can make them bigger without giving them a secondary motion just for them. This isn't DoA. And if it "doesn't matter" then it's okay to make them bigger since it "doesn't matter" even if they get a little bigger if you don't care either way.

Female warframes seemed a bit like an after thought for the design team hence why there is no starter one so I think it was more to make a half hearted attempt at reaching female gamers for a wider player base than really thinking about what would be the most appealing for for a female to play as that lead to their current design.

Edited by Haruwa

Then what would be your "ideal" female design? Keep in mind that the dev's might not have the same type of ideas for a female character as you might have, Im just saying that just because you feel like they aren't female enough doesnt mean you gotta go complaining to these Gent's in the forums. I mean if you really hate the female designs, Get founders and get into the design council at least you might have more word there. Also what you said "An after thought" I beg to differ, they re-made Embers design completely to be a female rooster-headed ninja.

Edit: Should probably say that I don't mean to offend you in any way, I just want to say that you saying "They need bigger busts and the like" Probably isn't gonna fly. I mean Bigger breasts and butts aren't the first thing they are looking for to re-working with all the bugs, balancing and new content.

Edited by MediocreHero

If all it takes is hiding the face to make them look male then they are not really female in the first place which is exactly what I don't like about them.

I can hear self concious flat chested women everywhere raging right now.

They do look undeniably female. Boobs and butts don't make or break a female. I never played Ember before her patch, so I can't speak with confidence in that regard, but I never looked at Trinity/Mag and thought to myself "What? These are women? Where are the breasts?!" Anyone could tell just by looking at them that they are, irrefutably, female.

Also, my being a guy has nothing to do with it. I don't look at a frame like Volt and say, "Hrmm, this fella needs more testosterone. Look how skinny he is!"

doesnt mean you gotta go complaining to these Gent's in the forums.

This is a feedback forum... It's not complaining to give them f-e-e-d-b-a-c-k as to whether or not I like the design of their female frames...

You're supposed to say something about the parts of the game you don't like/don't work for you so they can be improved. Kinda what it's here for.

I can hear self concious flat chested women everywhere raging right now.

Umm.. hmm... not my intention... sorry if I happened to offend anyone who isn't umm... the most busty... wasn't on purpose...

And honeslty I picked Volt because he looked the most girly so... he kinda does need to bulk up a bit honestly... just a tish..

I agree with Katakuna whole-heartedly. You don't see many complaints about the Male warframes not being man enough. Nor do any males have any problems with identifying that the female warframes are female!

That's because there isn't much to complain about on the male frames. Most of them are pretty bulked up with nice abs. The only one that isn't is Volt. If not for the fact that there isn't a female starter and he's the closest I can get right now, until payday anyways, I'd want him to be a touch buffer since he does look a bit girly compared to all the other male frames. Bust isn't as much of an issue for guys as it is for a gal. As long as it's there at all even if it's kinda small most guys will be happy with having any old mashed melons to oogle more often than not and let's be real I'm not the only one who had trouble telling all the female frames who are female were supposed to be a female.

I've had people not realize Ember was a female and didn't believe it till they looked at the female bundle.

Case and point.

Edited by Haruwa

Theirs feedback and then theres telling them to change the style of the characters to suit a minority of people who want bigger assets. MAYBE if the devs add a slider for more M-u-s-k-e-l-s and more B-e-w-b-s then everyone can be satisfied. Might as well have the rhino be a strawman or the incredible hulk.

Theirs feedback and then theres telling them to change the style of the characters to suit a minority of people who want bigger assets. MAYBE if the devs add a slider for more M-u-s-k-e-l-s and more B-e-w-b-s then everyone can be satisfied. Might as well have the rhino be a strawman or the incredible hulk.

But if that's your argument then there's no point for feedback because all feedback is about getting something you aren't pleased with changed at the end of the day, at minimum, alerting whoever's in charge that you would like additional options or one thing over another. I don't believe any demands were made or orders given so no one was "telling them to change the style of characters" merely voicing their thoughts on a subject and giving, you know, feedback.

People are apparently willing to pay money for these additional options so I fail to see why adding more options hurts anything at the end of the day.

On the character screen isn't there a skins option under the paint palette? Add a bustier version and everyone wins, once again, no one's demanding any changes made to the base character just that the option is added to fit their own liking even if it costs platinum.

Edited by GenocideWolf

Guys? I'm not sure why you're all up in arms over this. She's stating her opinion. Isn't she entitled to? I personally don't think the female warframes are afterthoughts. They have unique powers that play a little differently. eg. Mag's "Come hither!" look is to "die for". By that I mean her pull. :D

I do think there should be female starter frame choices, though. I wouldn't mind a little more curves on the female frames either. Maybe a little more like ME3's mp chars? I bought the female pack just to see their powers, to be honest. And the support frame trinity may be something I want to use in squads. I tend to gravitate to medic classes in mp for some reason... :)

Couldn't agree more, Warframe could definitely use more customization. Something as extensive as APB or PSO2 would probably be overkill but at least some features like both genders for all frames. I feel even if it's big undertaking, it would pay off in the long run on selling cosmetics for platinum.

Think of it this way. Would you really want huge watermelon sized sweater puppies bouncing around every which way while trying to do acrobatic manuevers?

HEK yes, who wouldn't.