Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Anyone Help Me Understand "loki Requires More 'skill' Than Rhino"

izzatuw

So you're regarding about their usefulness in the end?

No mostly I am commenting on the fact that the average Loki plays a lot better than the average Rhino, simply because the Loki player will be more skilled.

Rhino, you can hit any ability and have a favourable outcome.

You have an escape/gap closer, an overshield with CC immunity, a damage buff and AOE damage and CC.

Loki on the other hand you have to know what to do to in each specific situation to a higher degree.

Soloing high tier content while enemies completely ignore your every action, to becoming completely invincible, is considered "Mad Skillz" in the eyes of some. All jokes and arguments aside, it's a game where you want and get to feel ridiculously empowered. People are gonna defend that from every angle no matter what. Just the way it is.

Go search up all warframe players MR 2-18

Most of them have already used rhino and have rhino prime, which is considered nooby because his skills make bad habits(rhino stomp just obliterates and stuns enemies, and iron skin just makes the player slow at reacting).

I use loki prime a lot and he is my favorite, invisibility is completely different from iron skin because it lasts a certain amount of time where iron skin can last forever, and decoy and switch teleport require knowledge so you can plan where to place and cast them, rhino dash and roar are just 1 button presses and it does the work for you immediately. Loki's ult, radial disarm doesn't even kill, so you gotta learn how to use it, loki is all about combinations and knowledge, while rhino is all about god of war mode.

Probably the reason why I've stopped using rhino and turned to loki is so I can get better and practicing at fighting, but really, I don't care for any skills, all I care is my weapons.

No mostly I am commenting on the fact that the average Loki plays a lot better than the average Rhino, simply because the Loki player will be more skilled.

Rhino, you can hit any ability and have a favourable outcome.

You have an escape/gap closer, an overshield with CC immunity, a damage buff and AOE damage and CC.

Loki on the other hand you have to know what to do to in each specific situation to a higher degree.

Ah I see whatcha mean. I guess it's because Rhino was built more for here and there while Loki was built more for staying here and making your enemies screw off there.

Oh and Loki's abilities are all utility. So, it can't lose it's usefulness. Radial disarm=John prodman takeover

You're talking about usefulness, not skill required.

The general idea is that using Loki requires a combination of his abilities to master the frame when Rhino is merely "Iron Skin 2 Win"

Dude. Invis2winAndNotGetBotheredByAnyoneAtAllMuch?

His combinations really only require Decoy+Invis/Switch Teleport/Radial Disarm.

It's not that hard to figure out Loki unless you're a complete neanderthal

well rhino have no taget spell is press 123or 4 and it happens all can do it ( less skill needed)

on loki hand most skills ar taget base 123 is taget and 4 is just press 4 and it happens ( more skill needed)

so i guess that the difrent in skill i know it not hard but for new warframe players ir easyer to just press 1234 and let it happen  than press 1234 to aim a skill like loki 123 skill 

sry for bad english

Edited by varto

^ Izzatuw yeah i'm just stating a fact but anyway I just find loki better. It's just how you look at it that who requires more skill. Most would agree that a Loki requires more skill cause He's squishy  and abilities must be used wisely well, at least apart fron invisibility. Which is kinda like Iron skin except with a Timer.

Edited by (PS4)Mosslauncher

Go search up all warframe players MR 2-18

Most of them have already used rhino and have rhino prime, which is considered nooby because his skills make bad habits(rhino stomp just obliterates and stuns enemies, and iron skin just makes the player slow at reacting).

I use loki prime a lot and he is my favorite, invisibility is completely different from iron skin because it lasts a certain amount of time where iron skin can last forever, and decoy and switch teleport require knowledge so you can plan where to place and cast them, rhino dash and roar are just 1 button presses and it does the work for you immediately. Loki's ult, radial disarm doesn't even kill, so you gotta learn how to use it, loki is all about combinations and knowledge, while rhino is all about god of war mode.

Probably the reason why I've stopped using rhino and turned to loki is so I can get better and practicing at fighting, but really, I don't care for any skills, all I care is my weapons.

8-20 seconds of complete invisibility that is completely useful level 1-100 is not I repeat not easy to use. Dude, you're kinda over exaggerating the term "skill". It doesn't take 1 whole minute to figure it out Decoy+Switch Teleport, it's just press 1, than press 3. So skillz, many mlg, wow. Edited by izzatuw

Rhino teaches a lot of bad habits to new players, where as loki is upfront about how squishy he is. High level content a Rhino will drop just as fast as a loki will, the difference being the Loki player knows how fast he can die and thus plays accordingly where as the rhino will be completely caught of guard when a single enemy can lay him low.

This. When I, around mr3, decided to use something else than just rhino I was thinking too hard to undersrtand how every other frame stays alive because unless I was using rhino I was gonna get downed really quickly cuz Iron Skin. It really took me time to l2p 'properly' aka not rushing in without any idea what's ahead.

Why in the name of Talos do I have to care what people have to say?

I would pick Rhino over Loki in most missions, endless or not. Especially infested and Corpus. (Maybe against Grineer you need some disarming before your whole team gets rekt by napalms that's it)

Rhino has an absolute amazing power for endless missions: Roar.

And self-defense + high shields that work fine until lvl 80 (but you have to cast it often).

Stomp, pause everything for 8 seconds to revive teammates and/or when it's too crowded.

I can say both Loki and Rhino are great in any situation, it's just a matter of taste if you want to play as a trickster (more like a disarmer actually) or as a "tank".

ps: Rhino has an advantage too, it requires no corrupted mods to have a decent build. (or maybe one, Transient Fortitude)

Edited by CookingFood

well rhino have no taget spell is press 123or 4 and it happens all can do it ( less skill needed)

on loki hand most skills ar taget base 123 is taget and 4 is just press 4 and it happens ( more skill needed)

so i guess that the difrent in skill i know it not hard but for new warframe players ir easyer to just press 1234 and let it happen than press 1234 to aim a skill like loki 123 skill

sry for bad english

Ernh target?

^ Izzatuw yeah i'm just stating a fact but anyway I just find loki better. It's just how you look at it that who requires more skill. Most would agree that a Loki requires more skill cause He's squishy and abilities must be used wisely well, at least apart fron invisibility

Radial Disarm requires as much skill as Rhino Stomp... You press 4 = insta prodman. Soo skilled.

/sarcasm.

I mean, the Loki defenders pretend as if the knowledge requirement to figure him out is soo amazeballs compared to other frames when it's very very simple when you figure out the base mechanics of the games, get the corrupted mods and other stuff.

Why in the name of Talos do I have to care what people have to say?

I would pick Rhino over Loki in most missions, endless or not. Especially infested and Corpus. (Maybe against Grineer you need some disarming before your whole team gets rekt by napalms that's it)

Rhino has an absolute amazing power for endless missions: Roar.

And self-defense + high shields that work fine until lvl 80 (but you have to cast it often).

Stomp, pause everything for 8 seconds to revive teammates and/or when it's too crowded.

I can say both Loki and Rhino are great in any situation, it's just a matter of taste if you want to play as a trickster (more like a disarmer actually) or as a "tank".

ps: Rhino has an advantage too, it requires no corrupted mods to have a decent build.

Grats on 1111 posts. Edited by izzatuw

For a newer player, Loki takes more planning ahead and paying attention to their surroundings than Rhino. At high levels, both require good timing and planning. 

How exactly does loki need to pay more attention to his surroundings? Could you give me an example of that while Im permanently invisible? Meanwhile rhino cannot even take hits at high levels because his 3.5k MAX power strength iron skin melts away in 3 seconds.

I dont like to play Rhino because.... well, he is not for my playstyle, that is all. And Loki.... I'm still trying to find how to use his ST in the middle of a fight, I still think DE should make that if we are taking fire and ST with an enemy the other will keep firing at the enemy and give him damage for a second or so before they realise that "S#&$! THATS ONE OF US, STOP FIRING!"

I dont like to play Rhino because.... well, he is not for my playstyle, that is all. And Loki.... I'm still trying to find how to use his ST in the middle of a fight, I still think DE should make that if we are taking fire and ST with an enemy the other will keep firing at the enemy and give him damage for a second or so before they realise that "S#&$! THATS ONE OF US, STOP FIRING!"

I agree

*Hosts a defense/interception*

*Nova joins* - Yay speed debuff and 200% more damage!
*Banshee joins* - Ooh Sonar more damage, Ultimate silence/ 4/ 1 CC
*Excalibur joins* - Well i guess if he spams 2 then its fine
*Ash joins* - If he kills a lot of people with his 4 then i guess its okay... meh.
*Ember jo- Oh wait, noone plays ember anymore
*Frost joins* - WOO the globes!

***Loki joins**** - If i die he'll revive me, and he can disarm all the enemies rendering them useless at range permanently even past level 100 :D Should be fun!

***Rhino joins**** - Occasional 50% damage buff is nice for 10 seconds i guess.. and on occasion if theyre already messing up the pod a 4 will be nice

^^^^^
Its more that, Loki feels like he can benefit the whole team with his abilities, whereas Rhino feels as if he was specifically designed to keep himself alive and noone else

And before you say "thats talking about frames usability, not the skill it takes to use them"
Thats what skill is in this game. In end-game the damage you do is with your guns, not the frames you use, so frames that make it easier to kill stuff more efficiently is awesome. And also its not just how well you can benefit not just yourself, but the whole team. Thats why Novas used to much, thats why Loki is seen as God tier, and thats why unfortunately Rhino has such a bad rep.

BrotherIcarus, on 06 Mar 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:snapback.png

Rhino teaches a lot of bad habits to new players, where as loki is upfront about how squishy he is. High level content a Rhino will drop just as fast as a loki will, the difference being the Loki player knows how fast he can die and thus plays accordingly where as the rhino will be completely caught of guard when a single enemy can lay him low.

Oh and that^

Edited by Jin_Kazama

When they say skill, I think they mean he requires more co-ordination in a sense. But then again, it's really over-shadowed by his radial disarm turning everything into cheesecake land (Cheesecake land = casual mode).

Mmm cheesecake...I would live there.

They both require the same amount of skill.  WASD, check!  1 2 3 4, check!  Couple other buttons that make my Warframe do stuff, check!

*Hosts a defense/interception*

*Nova joins* - Yay speed debuff and 200% more damage!

*Banshee joins* - Ooh Sonar more damage, Ultimate silence/ 4/ 1 CC

*Excalibur joins* - Well i guess if he spams 2 then its fine

*Ash joins* - If he kills a lot of people with his 4 then i guess its okay... meh.

*Ember jo- Oh wait, noone plays ember anymore

*Frost joins* - WOO the globes!

***Loki joins**** - If i die he'll revive me, and he can disarm all the enemies rendering them useless at range permanently even past level 100 :D Should be fun!

***Rhino joins**** - Occasional 50% damage buff is nice for 10 seconds i guess.. and on occasion if theyre already messing up the pod a 4 will be nice

^^^^^

Its more that, Loki feels like he can benefit the whole team with his abilities, whereas Rhino feels as if he was specifically designed to keep himself alive and noone else

And before you say "thats talking about frames usability, not the skill it takes to use them"

Thats what skill is in this game. In end-game the damage you do is with your guns, not the frames you use, so frames that make it easier to kill stuff more efficiently is awesome. And also its not just how well you can benefit not just yourself, but the whole team. Thats why Novas used to much, thats why Loki is seen as God tier, and thats why unfortunately Rhino has such a bad rep.

BrotherIcarus, on 06 Mar 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:snapback.png

Oh and that^

So if the case is what makes you kill easier than Rhino would be better for that damage buff? Not what makes it easier for you to survive?

Give a newb an account with both frames built properly. Wouldn't the guy spam invis and feel completely reliant on that to survive?

Edited by izzatuw

10/10 would take Loki into any high level mission over Rhino.

(I love doing me some solo 50 min T4 survivals as Loki - very relaxing. One too many seconds out of invis and I'm ded. [i have 25 seconds on my invis])

Edited by Lanieu