Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guild Wars 2 For $10 This Weekend - Worth It?

Archistopheles

I was originally hyped for this game when it was first being shown off, but I didn't dive in because I had just gotten out of a Swtor binge, so I skipped it.

I'm not really interested in getting involved with PvP or traditional MMO raiding/end game, so would the $10 tag provide me with a solid "sight-seeing" experience? Or am I better off with a F2P MMO like Rift or Swtor again?

Guild Wars 2 is a really casual type of MMO, there's not really any endgame content unless you consider 250 something people zerging an event to get more loot out of it. The environments, from the starting zones to the level 80 zones are all really well done and the visuals are quite a sight. 10 dollars is a steal if you ask me.

Go for it. I picked up the game for around $15 a while back and it's been a blast. There's alot of dynamic pve events going on all the time in alot of different areas. PvP is separated from the PvE world entirely. There are some dungeons but no raids or true endgame based arenas.

If your looking for an open MMO with alot if stuff to do, then it's definitely worth the $10

I'm not really interested in getting involved with PvP or traditional MMO raiding/end game, so would the $10 tag provide me with a solid "sight-seeing" experience?

From my experience this "sight-seeing" experience and content while leveling is best I've seen in any mmo. Gw2 might just be exactly what you want right now. Rather than grinding through linear quest path and monotonous enemies you'll have tons of choice and variation. Exploring, doing achievements, platforming and all that.

The only gripe I have is that various mini bosses I've met so far turn into fights that are all messy and zergy instead of something coordinated and fun. It's great that there are plenty of these bosses appearing as events, but the fights are usually just firework shows with bunch of dudes running around 1 big dude. Maybe someone can argue with this, I am still quite low level.

Edited by Aure7

seems cheep

Well in the news thing right next to the 75% off deal is the announcement of the first expansion. So I guess they want to sell the base game cheap to get people into it just in time to buy that.