Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 16 And The Stalker

The_Real_007

Okay, so I was looking at an interesting comment on the reveal for update 16 about the sentients, and it brought up a good point about the stalker and have me an idea.

Kav3lVi.jpg

So what if the stalker did team up with us in order to kill the sentients? Cause I mean he is a Tenno and he would want them gone too. But if this does happen then stalker could actually converse with us and maybe we could learn more about him (because this update is also very lore oriented).

Let me know what you think!

Enemy of my enemy does make sense... But I've always sort of counted the Stalker as against making sense - after all he's not yet teamed up with the Grineer or Corpus.

"He hasn't joined with the Grineer or Corpus because they misuse Orokin technology!" - and the Sentients are the oldest enemies he has ever known. I think the same logic would apply.

The Stalker is purely driven by revenge. He doesn't care why we killed the Orokin, only that we did. His sole purpose is to exterminate the Tenno, so I find it more likely that he will align himself with the Sentient rather than against them. I believe that if he manages to kill all of the Tenno then he will gladly die to the Sentient.

The Stalker is purely driven by revenge. He doesn't care why we killed the Orokin, only that we did. His sole purpose is to exterminate the Tenno, so I find it more likely that he will align himself with the Sentient rather than against them. I believe that if he manages to kill all of the Tenno then he will gladly die to the Sentient.

Revenge yes but you should remember why the tenno even exist. the reason were the sentients without them tenno wouldnt have existed ergo he would hate them even more than the tenno

There's no way he would ever ally with the Sentients, they were the enemies of the Orokin during the Old war, and they nearly wiped the Orokin out before the Tenno drove them away.

The Stalker probably hates the Sentients just as much as he hates us, if not even more.

Even if Stalker hates the Sentients, his rage and anger towards the Tenno that has festered for millenia in his wait for their return has driven him mad beyond reasoning. Do any of you really believe he would EVER ally with a Tenno? In this case it's "The Enemy of my Enemy is Dead, and so is my Enemy."

Edited by WingedCrusade

I think he would make an alliance with the Sentients, not with us. The Stalker isn't even a person anymore, IMHO, he's the spirit of an ancient species that wants revenge for its extinction. That is his goal. Whatever happens next it's not his problem. The Sentients are the biggest chance he has to defeat us, and if I were him, I would take it

Even if Stalker hates the Sentients, his rage and anger towards the Tenno that has festered for millenia in his wait for their return has driven him mad beyond reasoning. Do any of you really believe he would EVER ally with a Tenno? In this case it's "The Enemy of my Enemy is Dead, and so is my Enemy."

Or maybe he will help us fighting the Sentient, but as soon they die, he'll turn against us.

I think he would make an alliance with the Sentients, not with us. The Stalker isn't even a person anymore, IMHO, he's the spirit of an ancient species that wants revenge for its extinction. That is his goal. Whatever happens next it's not his problem. The Sentients are the biggest chance he has to defeat us, and if I were him, I would take it

If I follow your theory, maybe the Stalker was controlled by Sentients all this time. You wont understand this now, maybe after you play the Chroma quest.

He's not a Tenno. That is explicitly stated in his lore. He is what the Orokin called a 'low guardian', not a Tenno. He watched the Tenno slay the Orokin. Before you make assumptions, please read the lore.

Stalker was never a tenno and will never be he was a low orokin guard who watched the tenno kill the orokin and because of that hates them.

The Stalker might try to fight the Sentients since they were the enemys of the Orokin but he will never team up with the tenno.

The stalker seems to lack sense majorly... he kills us for bosses in which he can deal damage to their faction (i.e killing anything that moves with absorb or mis-aimed arrow)... also, the senteints will wreck the Tenno, so if he has Brainz, he`ll join them not us.....

There's no way he would ever ally with the Sentients, they were the enemies of the Orokin during the Old war, and they nearly wiped the Orokin out before the Tenno drove them away.

The Stalker probably hates the Sentients just as much as he hates us, if not even more.

Yeah, you're right about that. WingedCrusade brought up a good point though: he's held a grudge against us for thousands of years, which has probably warped his reasoning. I doubt that he expected the Sentient to ever return either, so he committed to killing off the Tenno. Now that they're back though maybe he'll come back to his senses, or maybe he'll just avoid us altogether while we are in Sentient-controlled nodes and missions. In any case I hope the Stalker gets some more background and lore as a result of the Sentients' return.

as much as i want stalker to ''join'' us....it wont happen.

he is a ''lone wolf'' that no longer cares about others, his life only has 1 goal - Kill Tenno

and i highly doubt that he would join sentients too, he doesnt need help, more likely he will fight them too. (probably because they fought orokin)

only way we could ''reason'' with stalker is to fix that dannn memory of ordis.

lotus aint telling us a thing but ordis is broken, we need to fix him

Edited by S0ulre4per

He's not a Tenno. That is explicitly stated in his lore. He is what the Orokin called a 'low guardian', not a Tenno. He watched the Tenno slay the Orokin. Before you make assumptions, please read the lore.

I actually didn't know that. I guess my post is useless then XD

Stalker was never a tenno and will never be he was a low orokin guard who watched the tenno kill the orokin and because of that hates them.

The Stalker might try to fight the Sentients since they were the enemys of the Orokin but he will never team up with the tenno.

I always believed he was still Tenno but a lower tier. The player Tenno were the ones who went off to fight in the war, the "lower guard" are the ones who stayed to protect the orokin.

I think of it as the Military vs. the Police. Military has better toys and training.