Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should There Be A Invisibility Consumable? Yes Or No?

Doriando77

Then next you would need consumables for the rest of the abilities, too. and in the end, all warframe could do anything... a consumable Molecular Prime? a consumable Snow Globe? a consumable Ripline?

tl;dr: No

yes because thats what i suggested. i swear. intelligence is wasted on people. 

Then next you would need consumables for the rest of the abilities, too. and in the end, all warframe could do anything... a consumable Molecular Prime? a consumable Snow Globe? a consumable Ripline?

tl;dr: No

Is it sad that I've actually seen multiple threads suggesting that?

ash and loki are the only frames that can achieve stealth with any efficiency. so my suggestion is a invisibility consumable that gives you invisibility for a time. you can build these at the foundry like restores. is this a good idea?

The stealth mechanics need to be overhauled, there is not enough to do if you stealth maybe they could also add in interactive environments with things to hide in and create distractions.

Nah, I think Ash and Loki should keep their unique'ness..

But I do think it's silly that highly advanced tech factions like the Corpus & Grineer dont have some counter measures.Inviso prolly shouldnt be the easy mode that it is in all situations...

Grineer dogs should smell em, Corpus should have heat sensor tech... etc.

I'm not suggesting inviso be null invoid, just that each faction should have an enemy unit that counters, what logicly is by now a well known threat.

im not going to waste 20 minutes to do a mission that would take 5 with a loki. 

So the point of this thread is you saying you want invisibility for everybody because you want an optional way to play the game to be super easymode for you because you can't stand not taking more than 2 seconds to do something?

Alright I'm out. Lmfao.

And pro tip: Silent ranged weapons can get stealth affinity bonuses too. Melee isn't your only option. You can get a mission done with frost and a dread as fast as a loki with a melee weapon if you really felt like it.

Edited by Soup2504

No. They should have a normal frame with Itzal like team cloak powers when not moving. Perhaps one time cloak as the Itzal field would be pretty cheap in non-space combat.

2OP4Me.

There is already Ash's smokescreen augment for that.

ash and loki are the only frames that can achieve stealth with any efficiency. so my suggestion is a invisibility consumable that gives you invisibility for a time. you can build these at the foundry like restores. is this a good idea?

Ok. but only if I can have a consumable Iron Skin.

yes because thats what i suggested. i swear. intelligence is wasted on people. 

You want to take what is arguably the most useful power of two different frames and make it to where every frame can do the same thing on command. If everyone could do what those two frames can, why would you ever use them for that power again? And at that point, what would be the point in them having that power when they could simply use an item for the same purpose? Don't bother comparing it to the energy restores and Trinity's Energy Siphon, since both are universally beneficial for the entire team.

Don't be surprised when you're turned into a strawman. It's a ludicrous request.

Asking for a consumable version of a Warframe's power is like saying you don't agree with class specialization. There are always going to be certain classes that are better for certain objectives/playstyles. Not having that class/frame doesn't make said objective impossible though.

Edited by Kestral9999

We are God damn Space ninjas, "space ninjas" it implied we can all stealth like, well, a ninja not just a select few.

Oh and stop pointing out shade or mods for companions, they only work when they want to, plus turning invisible is kind of cheating.

Edited by (PS4)zeratul____12

We are God damn Space ninjas, "space ninjas" it implied we can all stealth like, well, a ninja not just a select few

Oh, this tired old argument.

All ninjas were known for their ability to become invisible on command? Shouldn't Ash's Bladestorm become standard in all frames too, since it's the most "ninja" ultimate in the game? And shouldn't we all be capable of throwing shuriken like ninjas? Guess we should just remove Ash from the game and have all of his powers integrated into every frame or else it's false advertisement, right?

Damn the "ninjas play free" slogan and all the idiocy it has ingrained in our community. I'm so sick of hearing complaints about how elements in the game aren't "ninja" from people who have the most juvenile grasp on what a historical ninja was and was capable of. "Take back your destiny" was a much more clever and effective slogan.

Edited by Kestral9999

We are God damn Space ninjas, "space ninjas" it implied we can all stealth like, well, a ninja not just a select few.

Oh and stop pointing out shade or mods for companions, they only work when they want to, plus turning invisible is kind of cheating.

finally one rational perosn

All ninjas were known for their ability to become invisible on command? Shouldn't Ash's Bladestorm become standard in all frames too, since it's the most "ninja" ultimate in the game? And shouldn't we all be capable of throwing shuriken like ninjas? Guess we should just remove Ash from the game and have all of his powers integrated into every frame or else it's false advertisement, right?

ash already has lokis power. they share the same power. your argument is invalid

Ah FYI we all can use shuriken you just have to buy or build them, and you can't take away his bladestorm as that is his unique ability and would need a lot of explaining why he can use it.

Plus I wasn't even talking about their abilities

finally one rational perosn

ash already has lokis power. they share the same power. your argument is invalid

Ash's is a modified variant of Loki's power, they do not function the same in either PVP or PVE. Your argument is much less valid than my own.

Or did I miss that update where they cut Loki's Invisibility duration in half and gave it a radial stun? Hmmm.

Ah FYI we all can use shuriken you just have to buy or build them, and you can't take away his bladestorm as that is his unique ability and would need a lot of explaining why he can use it.

Way to miss the point. Specialization is what's important here. Every frame has the ability to become invisible for an extended period of time, it just requires a companion (who is SPECIALIZED for that purpose). Or you could get a frame whose SPECIALIZATION is stealth.

The incorporation of a consumable item that negates those specializations completely is not okay in my book, nor anyone else's as this thread's replies seem to infer.

Way to miss the point. Specialization is what's important here. Every frame has the ability to become invisible for an extended period of time, it just requires a companion (who is SPECIALIZED for that purpose). Or you could get a frame whose SPECIALIZATION is stealth.

The incorporation of a consumable item that negates those specializations completely is not okay in my book, nor anyone else's as this thread's replies seem to infer.

I wasn't on the side to a invsiblility consumable (I also think it would be stuipid, I meant that the stealth system needs to be worked on, I know I have already said this but, we are ninjas, meaning we should all be adept at stealth with our movesets, right now there isn't any effective steal thing outside of abilities and companion mods. That's what I was saying.

Those are kunai, not shurikens. You should take a look and differentiate those two, by the way. 

I wasn't on the side to a invsiblility consumable (I also think it would be stuipid, I meant that the stealth system needs to be worked on, I know I have already said this but, we are ninjas, meaning we should all be adept at stealth with our movesets, right now there isn't any effective steal thing outside of abilities and companion mods. That's what I was saying.

What about staying out of LoS of the enemies and using stealth weaponry? Y'know, "ninja" weapons like Kunai, Dread/Paris/Cernos, and any melee.