Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka The Opticors Ugly Little Brother.

Gahrzerkire

First off I love my Lanka. But why isn't it hits an? Its a bloody railgun. Railguns are notorious for firing projectiles faster then guns. If anything the vectis should be travel time and the Lanka hitscan (from a logical stand point). even the bloody opticor is hitscan and its a hitscan no fall off penta. please buff the lanka to hitscan. Its wrong for it to use a travel time mechanic. Especially because it's supposed to be a sniper. At bare minimum if it isn't made hitscan the travel speed should be multiplied by 3 or 4. (660 or 880m/s)

You can ask for the Lanka to be hit scan. I agree that it should be.

But calling the Opticor ugly is just wrong on so many levels. That is a sexy weapon. Misread the title, carry on.

Edited by Centias

....... no.....

rail guns are at this moment are slower then gunpowder weapons (modern tech)

rail guns can reach mach 6... 

(Barret 50 cal can reach a muzzle velocity of 853m/s, a rail gun can do 2000+)

but to the OP i think the lanka could definitely use a buff 

Edited by JayGideon1

I could agree with an increased projectile speed(maybe doubled) but I like the fact that its not hitscan. I've put 4 forma into it, twice what I have any other weapon, and think that the projectile aspect of it makes it a skill weapon as opposed to just another point and click.till dead

I could agree with an increased projectile speed(maybe doubled) but I like the fact that its not hitscan. I've put 4 forma into it, twice what I have any other weapon, and think that the projectile aspect of it makes it a skill weapon as opposed to just another point and click.till dead

Yes I also like it as a skill weapon. But it needs to have significantly less travel time. Given that railgun projectiles hit mach 5. And that its a sniper and that the avarege modern day bow fires arrows at 170 m/s and this is a friggin railgun we are talking about. 700+ projictile speed minimum. Idealy 1000. Unless uts made hitscan.

Well, that's okay cause something tells me Warframe doesn't take place in the modern day.

welp swords are also some how still used and we dont have amored lisets so thats all true

welp at least we all some how still know the paris is better for some odd reason its a damn bow

lol well regardless, its the future where space ninjas can summon water tentacles and summon ethereal swords. i think having a shoulder fired rail gun would work out ok

So long as said railgun is hitscan / high projectile speed meaning 1k speeds minimum.

Lanka, in a technical sense, isn't actually a railgun. It's a gauss rifle, otherwise known as a coilgun, also otherwise known as the things that people today can make in their garages.

Coilguns are actually well known for being quiet, launching ferromagnetic projectiles, most commonly can be things like coins and such. Basically anything that can be launched by a magnet.

So, it's not a railgun. It's a gauss rifle. But the projectile, indeed, should be faster.

"Lanka the Opticor's Ugly Little Brother"

"Lanka"

"Ugly"

In what enchanted world does the Lanka of all weapons look ugly.

First off two of its color options don't do S#&$.... Second off... Its not using pbr? (the new renderinsystem) third.. Its projectile speed sucks... And does less damage then a bow... Anduts launching a higher powered mostlijely denser projectile.....

How to buff the Lanka: make the uncharged shot actually worth something. That way we get a plasma DMR and sniper all in one.

It's supposed to have travel time. Stop thinking that it's a rail gun because whoever wrote the description was ignorant. Take it for what it is: a PLASMA sniper.

Edited by StevesEvilTwin

Yes I also like it as a skill weapon. But it needs to have significantly less travel time. Given that railgun projectiles hit mach 5. And that its a sniper and that the avarege modern day bow fires arrows at 170 m/s and this is a friggin railgun we are talking about. 700+ projictile speed minimum. Idealy 1000. Unless uts made hitscan.

And that isnt essentially hits can? I suggested 2x because that would keep its current function while increasing viability at extreme range. What's to say that future railguns don't require such high velocity to do damage? Cause I imagine a handheld mach-5 launcher would be terribly unweildly

I tried Lanka and few other snipers after seeing this thread, and I remembered why I prefer Opticor (and all other weapons) over snipers.

- Scope is useless because 80% of tilesets don't require you to use it.

- There is way to many enemies for weapon like this to be useful.

- Ammo has terrible drop chance, you fluctuate between having full ammo to no ammo at all.

- Enemies run like headless chickens so you can't hit them.

- Most missions are tailored for automatic weapons.

- If you have Mag with pull, good luck hitting anyithing.

.......and so on....

First off I love my Lanka. But why isn't it hits an? Its a bloody railgun. Railguns are notorious for firing projectiles faster then guns. If anything the vectis should be travel time and the Lanka hitscan (from a logical stand point). even the bloody opticor is hitscan and its a hitscan no fall off penta. please buff the lanka to hitscan. Its wrong for it to use a travel time mechanic. Especially because it's supposed to be a sniper. At bare minimum if it isn't made hitscan the travel speed should be multiplied by 3 or 4. (660 or 880m/s)

first of all snipertron was basicly lanka 1.0 and it was hit scan but for a ghauss rifle it made no sense so it was removed and all the people who did the 1 event i cant remeber on top of my head were awarded with snipertron vandal, that was a stronger version of this hitscan ghauss rifle and now one of the strongest ? snipers around, not a railgun the structure of the weapon would break in a single shot.

as for lanka it still is in the stage of ghauss rifle so the projectile does have a fligth time, lets hope that pherin sequence most likely gets a lanka augment the increases its projectile speed by 50% at least (unranked ofc)