Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4 Types Of Toxic Players That Everyone Should Avoid Becoming When Giving Feedback

StevesEvilTwin

Taken straight from tvTropes, here are the four worst types of gamers that there are in existence. While their names are often used as insults, their actual definitions have been forgotten over time.

The more I see arguments over balance and gameplay, the more obvious it becomes that players tend to turn into one of these four categories, none of which are good for the well-being of the game as a whole, due to all of them being extremely biased experiences of the game. It is very easy to turn into one of these guys when a debate gets heated, so I advise everyone to think more carefully before posting, so as to actually give proper feedback.

The Noob: In short, the Noob is bad at the game and unwilling to learn, feeling that the game should accommodate to their laziness. These are the players who basically want the game to play itself for them.

The Scrub: The scrub is the player who is bad at the game, but calls everyone better than them "exploiters", claiming that their own handicapped version of the game is the only "true" way to play the game. Often Scrubs are the loudest when it comes to discussions about skill, giving examples of skill that are so specific, they are basically saying "if you don't play like me, you are bad."

The Stop Having Fun Guy / The Elitist: These guys are good at the game, very good at the game. In fact, they are fully deserving of being called masters. There is nothing wrong with that, however the way they treat other players is just as toxic as the Scrub. They claim that their way is the only way to play the game, and that if a player isn't using every "tournament-legal" exploit and playing with maximum efficiency all the time, the player shouldn't be playing the game at all. These guys are likely to be the loudest among the rushers and 4 hour survivalists, along with the new wave of hardcore MMO grinders that the Syndicate system brought out.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GodModders'> The God Modder: Thank goodness Warframe isn't a game where many of these guys exist. The God Modder is the player that basically plays the game only for exploits, using techniques that are borderline hacking as a routine part of their gameplay. Unlike the Elitist, these guys don't care about anything like honor or glory, their satisfaction comes solely from knowing that they are outsmarting the game. In the olden days, these would be the people who complained when Infested learned to climb crates.

That's it. Make sure you aren't taking the perspective of any of these guys when giving feedback, please, for you health and everyone else's.

Edited by StevesEvilTwin

Sometimes when I`m with friends (they invited me to the game) I tend to be the Elitist.. plainly because they played for way longer than me and I can find no reason for them playing like noobs.. For god`s sake if you dont know what Constitution does after 1.5years I think i can call them noobs..

No, there's still the Meta-complainer.

Which, ironically, is kind you in this case.

You did forget the dev-basher though, but they're not really a stereotype abc can really fall into any of those four categories.

You did forget the dev-basher though, but they're not really a stereotype abc can really fall into any of those four categories.

Dev haters are the worst in this game..

After all the updates and everything they offered us in this game, DE deserves no bashing.

Now who's going to define when someone's being "The Scrub" versus when they're calling out a "God Modder"? When is someone a "Noob" and when is that person simply not being "The Elitist"?

These are all catchy, but don't actually offer much help in discussions. Everyone's just going to label the opponent the antithesis of them.

Edited by (PS4)WiiConquered

The Scrub: The scrub is the player who is bad at the game, but calls everyone better than them "exploiters", claiming that their own handicapped version of the game is the only "true" way to play the game. Often Scrubs are the loudest when it comes to discussions about skill, giving examples of skill that are so specific, they are basically saying "if you don't play like me, you are bad."

AHEM.

well i have all base mods maxed,i have all current avaliable frames and weapons maxed (only ones i dont have maxed are wrigth strun and snipertron vandal)

so id say i am a very experiense player if not a vet, but even i dont let a mastery 2 excalibur to a t2s so take it how you like

I don't see the "people who think they're the hottest-shot and most-skilled ever based on their number of forum posts and that their opinions are to be taken more seriously than those who have played the game"

By my post count, i am one of the most skilled Warframe players.

On more serious note, i know my shiz. Not everything, but i know one or two things.