Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well Of Life Buff/rework

izzatuw

Let's get straight to the point. Well Of Life is completely overshadowed by Blessing. It sounds neat on paper, shoot the target and gain health but what's the point if Blessing instantly heals both health and shields? My suggestion is that anybody within the range will regen health per second and will be based on power strength. May sound OP but maybe it should also be capable of healing the defense pod.

Or

Circle of Life. You gain regen as long as you are inside the circles' range and if there are enemies that are inside the circle the faster you and your teammates regen health and they lose health. This can also heal the pod if all teammates inside the circle are at 75%+ health. The range will be a fixed 10-15 meters.

Discuss and I'm fine with other ideas as long as they make sound better than the current condition of WOL.

Edit:

Inb4 TRINITY BUFF THREAD? WHAT SORCERY/HERECY IS THIS?!

Edited by izzatuw

A Trinity buff? you're talking non-sense. Now if you excuse me i have a job to do.

*Turns around and screams to the Police Department* I WANT EVERYONE HERE LOOKING FOR SPIDER MAN!!

EDIT: on a more serious note, i agree with the circle of healing part.

Edited by Mrevasivepants

The problem with Well of Life is more than just Blessing healing health and shields while Well of Life heals health.

Compared to Blessing, Well of Life has the following problems:

-Takes longer to cast, like seriously, way longer.

-In a sense, obstructs goals of defeating targets by making them harder to kill. Literally the only reasons I have used Well of Life are for the Energy Vampire combo, to "stun" a target, and to occasionally keep the last enemy of a wave alive so everybody can pick up drops.

-Only works on an enemy that an ally has to specifically target. But the thing is, players usually get a bit of tunnel vision in this game, so some players end up killing a Well of Life'd target even if a different ally needed the health. As well, the injured teammate needs to notice the Well of Life'd enemy in order to take advantage of it. At which point, you'll either cast Well of Life again in hopes that your teammate(s) will notice or just use Blessing to avoid the trouble.

-The energy cost of Well of Life being much less than Blessing is a non-issue. With efficiency being the way it is, Blessing can cost as little as 25 energy. With Energy Vampire, the low-cost of Well of Life is unnoticeable since Blessing is already cheap enough.

-Finally, you can't recast Well of Life until the duration expires. So really, you can't switch targets with Well of Life, leaving you needing to kill the target or waiting until the duration expires. Blessing is recastable and thus, less of a headache in that regard. If Well of Life was recastable, it'd be better than it currently is, though not by much.

Personally, I think the problem lies with power efficiency being pretty nuts as well as Well of Life being...mediocre.

I think your idea sounds pretty neat, especially as a (much-desired in my opinion) way to heal the pod. As well, having an AoE effect on Well of Life can let Trinity heal her teammates instead of using a Well of Life as a "throw it out and hope they see it."

Edited by Otenko

A thought that popped up would be if link was active a Trinity player would have an additional "line" to the WoL-target. This could be called "Anchor" or something for reference.

If anchored Trinity would pretty much use the WoL target as extra health when taking damage. Either directly or in a similar way that QT does.

Could create some symbiosis with skills.

Possibly well of life target could create links to all allies letting them share the life of that enemy. This would at least be useful. An augment could give you access to the WoL targets energy reserves as well. Making the WoL-target into a kind of totem-buff :)YAf0HpA.pngWhen allies start taking life damage HP would drain from the WoL-target. Links would be range limited but quite long. Shooting the target would still give you HP - useful if no enemies are around.

Edited by Lactamid

A thought that popped up would be if link was active a Trinity player would have an additional "line" to the WoL-target. This could be called "Anchor" or something for reference.

If anchored Trinity would pretty much use the WoL target as extra health when taking damage. Either directly or in a similar way that QT does.

Could create some symbiosis with skills.

Possibly well of life target could create links to all allies letting them share the life of that enemy. This would at least be useful. An augment could give you access to the WoL targets energy reserves as well. Making the WoL-target into a kind of totem-buff :)

That augment sounds like it could be pretty OP since EV exists.

That augment sounds like it could be pretty OP since EV exists.

Depends on what kind of energy reserves enemies have. if it's 20 energy from one guy split across all players in reach of the links it ain't that much, but if it's 200 energy it's another story.

Depends on what kind of energy reserves enemies have. if it's 20 energy from one guy split across all players in reach of the links it ain't that much, but if it's 200 energy it's another story.

I'd rather "Damage inflicted from an enemy will go to the target enemy"

Let's get straight to the point. Well Of Life is completely overshadowed by Blessing. It sounds neat on paper, shoot the target and gain health but what's the point if Blessing instantly heals both health and shields? My suggestion is that anybody within the range will regen health per second and will be based on power strength. May sound OP but maybe it should also be capable of healing the defense pod.

Or

Circle of Life. You gain regen as long as you are inside the circles' range and if there are enemies that are inside the circle the faster you and your teammates regen health and they lose health. This can also heal the pod if all teammates inside the circle are at 75%+ health. The range will be a fixed 10-15 meters.

Discuss and I'm fine with other ideas as long as they make sound better than the current condition of WOL.

Edit:

Inb4 TRINITY BUFF THREAD? WHAT SORCERY/HERECY IS THIS?!

I've been barking up this tree for more than one year now, nothing happened yet ......

Hope your barking has more results.

I think it'd be hard to make a healing ability of any sort that Blessing would NOT overshadow. Even with the suggestions, I'd still end up using Blessing because it's infinite range (no need to be in a certain spot), instant, heals a metric ton of hp and shields, grants a damage reduction, and is recastable. The fact that it can be used at any moment is what's hurting Well of Life more than anything. Blessing was designed to be a panic button, but being able to use it whenever enables it to be used as a main healing skill.

Granted, I'm all for a Well of Life buff of any kind, but I feel that as a healing skill it will always and forever be overshadowed and made useless by Blessing as long as Blessing can be used at any time without limitations.

I think it'd be hard to make a healing ability of any sort that Blessing would NOT overshadow. Even with the suggestions, I'd still end up using Blessing because it's infinite range (no need to be in a certain spot), instant, heals a metric ton of hp and shields, grants a damage reduction, and is recastable. The fact that it can be used at any moment is what's hurting Well of Life more than anything. Blessing was designed to be a panic button, but being able to use it whenever enables it to be used as a main healing skill.

Granted, I'm all for a Well of Life buff of any kind, but I feel that as a healing skill it will always and forever be overshadowed and made useless by Blessing as long as Blessing can be used at any time without limitations.

That's why I said it should be capable of life-stealing enemies rapidly if they come into the (the more the merrier) and if players are in the circle have 75%+ health it can be used to repair the pod so WOL would have something over Blessing. It can do damage and heal the pod.

Everything what will multiply marked enemy health will be fine.

But let be onest there were so many topics about this ability since i started to read warframe forums that if DE would like to change something it would be done already.I think that DE is trying to discourage players from using her. Properly used she can deal with any type of enemy regardless of it stats and lvl. The only one warframe which is able to regenerate energy and can provide protection for allies. The only one support class in game.

I was really hoping for augmented Wol version but after i saw that augment i was like: WTF is that ?

It's imposible to even call that augment because it basically overlaps with Wol effect.

I would rather give trinity some kind of damage potential.

For example :

Trinity marks enemy unit for X sec duration multiplying enemy health by 10x ( The same as in normal WoL)

% of dmg dealt to main target would be distributed to all enemy units in Wol range along with status effects.

% of dmg dealt to main target will be leeched as life.

But i think that nothing will change in that matter. Augmented Pool of life was a sign that DE want to keep Wol the title of most useless ability in game.

The only one reason why players are using this ability is Ev synergy.

As mentioned by others above, the changes applied to Blessing made it overshadow Well of Life.

-When Blessing was limited to duration based cast (Had to wait for duration to expire)

Well of Life could be used to top-off health

My opinion on a fix for Well of Life is to make it more like the Infested Ancient Healer Aura's.

-Target's health still increases but it applies an Ancient Healer type Aura providing: Damage Mitigation; CC/Proc immunity; and healing pulses on incoming damage.*(Damage Mitigation and healing pulses would heal objectives- just like Mind Controlled/Healer Specters/Shadows of the Dead Ancient Healers)

-For balance, I would leave Infinite Target Cast Range, but Aura radius would have a Range of 10meters at Rank 3 (Matching the Radius of Paralysis)

-Some players would still see it as being useless because of Link and Blessing recasts still providing a more mobile

To others this could give better builds for Objective or close group-playstyle.

-Blessing's infinite Range should be affected like Oberon's Renewal where it drains energy over distance traveled...

OR

-Blessing's application should expand like Nova's M-Prime expanding out with initial Radius based on Range and expansion distance based on Duration. (I would take it a step further and have Power Strength increase the speed of expansion* Sort of like Tail Wind/Slash Dash/Rhino Charge/Tidal Surge get a meter per second boost, but using Power Strength to increase speed of wave expansion.)

Trinity's Blessing with fixed energy cast for infinite range and power strength limited to 100% heal and 99%ish Damage reduction, grossly outcalsses Oberon's Renewal and Well Of Life. (Oberon loses more energy based on distance traveled for heals: If other players are too far away)

Also, these changes would make Trinity modding more well-rounded in terms of balance around Corrupted Mods.

That's why I said it should be capable of life-stealing enemies rapidly if they come into the (the more the merrier) and if players are in the circle have 75%+ health it can be used to repair the pod so WOL would have something over Blessing. It can do damage and heal the pod.

If this were the case, people would use it for the damage, and not for the heals, which will likely be bottom tier damage seeing as she's a healer frame and it would not be fair to give her high damage. Even then, other frames in the party will be doing most of the damage anyway so why use it when you can save energy for Blessing? healing the pod will only work in 2 game modes, it would be better if it were something worth using everywhere.

It's sad and people may not like it, but there's no way to make Well of Life useful as a healing skill as long as blessing can be freely cast without making it overshadow blessing, which would be scary and silly at the same time. The only ways I see Well of Life being useful is either a buff to it in addition to reverting Blessing back to having to wait to recast it, or make Well of Life something else other than a healing skill. I personally prefer the former, as practically unlimited, free Blessing casts is OP anyhow.

If this were the case, people would use it for the damage, and not for the heals, which will likely be bottom tier damage seeing as she's a healer frame and it would not be fair to give her high damage. Even then, other frames in the party will be doing most of the damage anyway so why use it when you can save energy for Blessing? healing the pod will only work in 2 game modes, it would be better if it were something worth using everywhere.

It's sad and people may not like it, but there's no way to make Well of Life useful as a healing skill as long as blessing can be freely cast without making it overshadow blessing, which would be scary and silly at the same time. The only ways I see Well of Life being useful is either a buff to it in addition to reverting Blessing back to having to wait to recast it, or make Well of Life something else other than a healing skill. I personally prefer the former, as practically unlimited, free Blessing casts is OP anyhow.

I see... Pretty valid point, if that's the case. Why not make the first one gives you an extra layer of health? It'll combine all the accumalitive health of the players and it has to be broke in order to hit the players actual health? Edited by izzatuw

I see... Pretty valid point, if that's the case. Why not make the first one gives you an extra layer of health? It'll combine all the accumalitive health of the players and it has to be broke in order to hit the players actual health?

Something like "Overhealth" (dunno what else to call it lol)? Sounds interesting and would make it useful. I do foresee massive amounts of tanking with some frames if armor applied to it like normal health, but then again the best way to not die currently is CC. If Well of life granted this in addition to healing, but not Blessing, we might be a good step closer. The augment mod can just make the orbs drop once the Overhealth is used up.

Also, I'm assuming you mean the Overhealth takes damage after shields are gone, just making sure that's what you mean.

Edited by Racercowboy

Something like "Overhealth" (dunno what else to call it lol)? Sounds interesting and would make it useful. I do foresee massive amounts of tanking with some frames if armor applied to it like normal health, but then again the best way to not die currently is CC. If Well of life granted this in addition to healing, but not Blessing, we might be a good step closer. The augment mod can just make the orbs drop once the Overhealth is used up.

Also, I'm assuming you mean the Overhealth takes damage after shields are gone, just making sure that's what you mean.

Yes.