Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hate Buff?

(XBOX)LexaHex

Why is the hate so rare but also so pathetically weak?? This weapon drops from the one and only stalker, menacing, yet the hate is virtually useless... Can it please get buffed? I dont want to carry around the hate just to satisfy my self because its amazing eye candy, i want it to work properly and for it to stay true to it's name.

Edited by (XB1)LexaHex488

Scythes in general need a buff. They should be the middle ground between swords and heavy weapons. Quite hard hitting, yet moderately fast.

Imo, I think Scythe are generally weak atm, its class could need a buff.

ninjad*

Indeed, all of them are weak, Reaper prime isnt even different from hate

no, I don't hate buffs, why would anyone hate them? 

ok, after trolling, I also feel that hate should be buffed, and the scythes in general too, there's only like 3 scythes, it's easy to balanced them in dmg/speed/crit/status so I'm just wondering what's the hold up? 

Hate and reaper prime, were not included in the pathetic heavy melee buff, cause idk why they aren't considered heavy melee :P

So they shouldn't be slow and whit an average damage, they do need a buff and a change on their function.

Not gonna happen. De is too busy adding overpowered stances, to overpowered weapons, which already had overpowered stances in first place.

That concept isnt real at all.

There is no such thing as overpowerfull stances or combos, the new melee system simple isnt that good at all.

- Pressing random timings on the E key is not good

- doing arbitrary animations that can hit or not the enemy wile you get shot in the back is not good

- melee 2.0 combo animations isnt really practical for a game were you face in average 7 to 14 enemies at once

- melees are the only weapons spending energy and stamina, wile guns have way better range and speed etc

Yeah Scythes needs a buff, same for the Daggers.

- melees are the only weapons spending energy and stamina, wile guns have way better range and speed etc

Of course they use stamina! You use all your body to use them, while shooting with a gun only requires to press on the thing to fire... and of course guns have a better range, that's why it's a melee weapon...

Example: Guy A has a P90 and Guy B has a sword. Guy A will hit the target much more times than Guy B with it's sword, because the P90 is a machine, it doesn't get tired or something like a human or any living creature. Yes, it needs a force, but it will never get tired and will be able to do his requested job indefintely. Guy B will get tired of swigning his sword because he needs energy.

Edit: clicked post instead of smtg else

Edited by papatou15

Of course they use stamina! You use all your body to use them, while shooting with a gun only requires to press on the thing to fire... and of course guns have a better range, that's why it's a melee weapon...

You missed out on my point.

For a system that is so highly regarded for some ppl, I dont see it as good as the rest of the weapons, nor see the new melee 2.0 as been an enhancement compared to what we used to have.

See it this way, the spending of stamina and energy is a too expensive system when compared to guns, its almost a "punishment" or a handicap for a system that isn't as much rewarding, nor powerful, nor fast, nor good as gunplay.

And since melees dont have even a quarter of range compared to the guns, they should have something to compensate, either in damage or in ease of use, not the current "spend more for less" wile playing melee.

---

Even stamina regarded in general perspective in this game, is not well made.

There is a thing we all do constantly whiteout realizing, when I'm playing I'm not fully aware of it, but when I see a youtube video of someone playing, the game looks idiotic, the thing I'm talking about is, the constant obsessive compulsive act of pressing crouch over and over, every 5 seconds, just to reduce the depletion of the stamina bar, you know, when we do a little slide just to keep the stamina bar full.

Edited by 7grims

maybe DE can turn scythes into hard hitting status monsters.

My idea for a Hate buff:

Impact 10

Puncture 20

Slash 50

Critical 3/10%

status to 30% 

Reaper prime buff:

Impact 10

Puncture 20

Slash 50

Critical 3/10%

status 25%

Ether Reaper buff:

Impact 10

Puncture 10

Slash 47

Critical 2/10%

Status 30%

Edited by Herosupport

Rather than just buffing a weapon through stats again I'd rather it if they did it through more alternative features.

For example combos activated while sprinting- one you could slide forwards sweeping out the legs of everyone you pass, and another you charge forwards putting all your momentum into delivering one massive ragdolling hit upon release of key.

edit: refering to all scythes here not just hate, they all are in need of a buff.

Edited by faiyde

Why is the hate so rare but also so pathetically weak?? This weapon drops from the one and only stalker, menacing, yet the hate is virtually useless...

I'm going to go use it right now, and if you're grossly exaggerating, like 90% of the people on these forums like to do, I'm going to come back and poke you in the eye. lol

I was lucky enough to get Hate and Despair first two times I met Stalker; nearly a year later I got Dread (apparently everyone else gets it easy but not the others). So I switched back to Ash for a change and equipped the whole set...

God damn is Hate weak and slow. Reaping Spiral is probably partly to blame as compared to the stances I've been using on other weapons it feels super clunky...

Also where's the polarities at?

I'm going to go use it right now, and if you're grossly exaggerating, like 90% of the people on these forums like to do, I'm going to come back and poke you in the eye. lol

Any weapon can be good if modded right, and dont forget to throw a pile of forma on the bad ones, 

No one is over exaggerating, it is simply a terrible weapon for how hard it is to obtain 

This is the problem I had while using Hate --> https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/348386-allow-us-to-cancel-combo-animations/

The slow attack speed doesn't let you react fast enough to threats. You miss a swing and you get shot to pieces because you can't block or roll away until the animation ends.

Sure, thats definitely one of the problems, but the the biggest one is just low dmg

Edited by (XB1)LexaHex488