Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afk Energy Disabling = All Around Banshee Nerf.

Cerenax

no it doesnt, just keep moving camera and pressing 4 here and there

Moving the camera doesn't prevent the afk trigger. But seriously, this isn't a nerf. There is no real reason to stay in soundquake for that long.

With this new hotfix, a player that gets marked with the AFK mark won't be able to regenerate his energy from any source (no orbs, no siphon, no vampire, no rage, no restores, nothing...) which was probably meant to target AFK farming. Problem is, a lot of players use Banshee's 4th power for prolonged periods without even intending to exploit the game (for example: they could be protecting an excavator, an cryopod or an extraction area), but now that she can be tagged with the AFK mark while casting her quake power it will be impossible to use it for more than a few seconds, thus Banshee has been made significantly less useful with this update even for the many players that were playing her normally.

How long exactly is the timer for AFK though? That I'd really like to know. No one has seemed to say it yet.

You don't even know how "AFK" works... Unless you have proofs which i'm curious to check out

"AFK" could trigger when you are basically not moving by a pixel, not when you are moving the camera, pressing 4 again to stand up and re-cast, etc.

DE thought about that probably, they're not dumb.

IF only that was the case. IF only simple recast could do the job. I read about frost getting flagged as afk because he casted globe every 3-4 seconds to make it immortal ...

So basically, frames that have stationary abilities just got indirectly nerfed by DE with the new AFK system. 

"But why do you use Absorb, Sound quake, Undertow, Peacemaker for more than 2 minutes?!?!?11111"

You know what, that's none of your business how people play, when I got a R10 Primed Flow and maxed Efficiency, I am entitled to utilize those skills however I please.  

So basically, frames that have stationary abilities just got indirectly nerfed by DE with the new AFK system. 

"But why do you use Absorb, Sound quake, Undertow, Peacemaker for more than 2 minutes?!?!?11111"

You know what, that's none of your business how people play, when I got a R10 Primed Flow and maxed Efficiency, I am entitled to utilize those skills however I please.  

Infact i would actually like to know why you need 2 minutes straight of peacemaker, absorb and soundqauke or even undertow(AFKing on interception points?)

You have Rank 10 PFlow and max efficiency, so what? You're not entitled to nothing. That's like saying you're entiled to use Egate because you formed a group that can farm it well.

Banshee's 4 power is viable through any level due to it's hard CC. Damage is done by teammates.

yeah. And sometimes I need to be afking longer so that my teammate kill them.

and if he bring mk1 braton. Well it gonna be longer.

So why would I want to use 4. If 2 and 3 is much more of a team utility that's way better than 4.

so pls just change 4

You don't get marked AFK after two minutes, you stop receiving End-of-Mission Rewards once you've been marked AFK for 2 minutes... 'AFK' occurs anytime you stop moving (significantly).

Edited by Alkira

With this new hotfix, a player that gets marked with the AFK mark won't be able to regenerate his energy from any source (no orbs, no siphon, no vampire, no rage, no restores, nothing...) which was probably meant to target AFK farming. Problem is, a lot of players use Banshee's 4th power for prolonged periods without even intending to exploit the game (for example: they could be protecting an excavator, an cryopod or an extraction area), but now that she can be tagged with the AFK mark while casting her quake power it will be impossible to use it for more than a few seconds, thus Banshee has been made significantly less useful with this update even for the many players that were playing her normally.

OP, your a bad player and so is everyone else in this thread that is crying about not being able to use 2 min afk builds. That's not a style, its laziness.

To actually have a play style you actually have to play the game.

Mods, please end this thread already as its just another hydroid afk puddle cry thread and no good can come from this.

I don't even care, I still say this AFK system as a whole is a bad idea and needs to be reverted entirely, especially if it's not even working right, tagging players that aren't even AFK'ing, cheating people out of their rewards and even ENERGY.

The AFK system currently implemented is just stupid.

Implementing this system is going in the wrong direction, what needs to be done instead is to give the players that would be affected by someone in the party going AFK, some agency in how it's dealt with.

Someone needs to go use the restroom or deal with an RL issue real quick? Let the team they're on decide! What if they're cool with it, and guard the guy while he's away? No harm done at all, no need to tag him with AFK and screw him over for the remainder of a mission.

It should be up to the team they're supposedly 'hindering' to deal with the AFK'er.

If the person is playing solo, they should be able to go at whatever pace they dang well please. Sometimes I trigger a lockdown and piddle about on IM's to take a small break! There is no reason the AFK system should kick in on a player who isn't hurting anyone, there isn't even anyone around to harm!

And tagging someone with AFK when they're clearly fighting, using channeled abilities??

I'm sorry but that's just stupid.

Infact i would actually like to know why you need 2 minutes straight of peacemaker, absorb and soundqauke or even undertow(AFKing on interception points?)

You have Rank 10 PFlow and max efficiency, so what? You're not entitled to nothing. That's like saying you're entiled to use Egate because you formed a group that can farm it well.

DE designed the mods and the abilities to work that way, When did DE ever said that "You cannot use those skills for more than 2 minutes?" I don't farm E-gate, I'm talking about players like me who got affected for no reason because DE can't fix their game.

Edit: I am entitled to nothing? THen why did DE even release a Primed Flow? To Increase the energy cap... And why do you increase energy cap? So you can prolong your usage of abilities... Wow that was hard

Edited by (PS4)madguy132