Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Feel About Progression Of Cartoon Shows Over The Years?

Anatolius

Meanwhile Spongebob... what happen to you? 

From what I was told, the main creator or something of sponge bob basically wanted to end the show after the first spongebob movie. However, it was still a very popular show and made alot of money so he left but spongebob was still putting out new shows. I will say it didnt completely bomb after the movie. There were still some good episodes.

But like.. the more RECENT spongebob episodes are just.. I get scared sometimes. I did hear that the movie was actually decent. The show, however, is lost. wow even the wiki says it bombed after the movie

Do saturday morning cartoons even happen anymore?

I think The Hub still does them, but that's the only group I can think of.

Jackie Chan adventures was my jam

must.

rewatch.

LOL

I haven't heard that term in a long time...

For me, that would probably have had to be like Spider-man and his Amazing Friends or Robotech.

Loved them both so much I can't pick between them.

I think The Hub still does them, but that's the only group I can think of.

LOL

I haven't heard that term in a long time...

For me, that would probably have had to be like Spider-man and his Amazing Friends or Robotech.

Loved them both so much I can't pick between them.

Wow now those are some shows that I really do remember, especially jets that can transform into mech. Game Boy Advance made the game even more fun. 

Ahh, Cartoons. The object of my attention throughout life, though I don't watch much TV anymore and only a few shows that I watch because my friends and I share things like like every week.

As a kid, it was shows like Looney tunes, Ren & Stimpy, Nicktoons like Doug, Rocko, Hey Arnold etc.

As a teen, I got into cartoons more and it was mainly Toonami. Reboot, Thundercats, Dragon Ball/ Z, Batman: The animated series, Samurai Jack, Jackie Chan Adventures, Teen Titans, etc. I also recall Xiaolin Showdown and Invader Zim.

As an Adult, my watching greatly declined but a handful have remained like My little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Steven Universe. I've seen others listed like Gumball, Gravity Falls, Regular Show, and Legend of Korra/ The Last Airbender. I can't say they really grabbed me, but I see no reason to say they're bad shows. With the exception of Gravity falls, which my friend and I tend to watch a bit of when we're hanging out, I didn't really watch much of them.

As for the state of cartoons now, I don't think I can speak intelligently. I don't watch enough of todays shows to really grasp it but I'd say it's how it's always been in terms of quality. Some shows are just loud noises and flashing lights, and others have greater depth and interest in providing the viewer with a story they can get into, characters they want to see, and worlds they want to explore no matter what age group it's pushed at. All just depends on the creators making them, as always.

I appreciate the new cartoon contents, hints of adult humour are there( yes i know old ones have them aswell but they seemed more timid and hidden), altough i don't really watch them with exception of adventure time the post apocalyptic stories are my soft spot.

I'm just freaked out by people corrupting certain themes of shows.

Gravity falls people seem to be obsessed with sibling relationship, MLP i don't have to comment here.

Sidenote: Legend of Korra had more potential they just weren't brave enough to embrace them, instead they went with teenage love is hard k?

• 5 months later...

Kids show theses days look like they were made by an intern, voice acting is terrible most of the time are either random or stuipid lay random, to me the last great show to come out were Regular show and Adventure time, everything else since they came out has been going down hill.

Though since Avatar the last airbender no one was going to out do that awesome show. Lol.

And I did watch LoK but in all honesty, other than learning how the avatar came to be the rest was pretty boring.

I dislike most new cartoon shows.

I like Gravity Falls and MLP (Hate me all you want).

I lost interest in Adventure time, because it just seemed like the same thing over and over again.

I hate Steven Universe. It's a show that I really cannot stand AND I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHY. 

Whenever I see it or when ever someone praises it, I get a little grumpy. 

Gumball was pretty unique, I liked it. 

But nothing beats the classics. I grew up with Codename: Kids Next Door, Ed, Edd and Eddy, Courage the Cowardly dog, Powerpuff Girls (IT WAS GOOD), Samurai Jack, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends AND OH GOD THE LIST GOES ON AND ON.

But now? I really don't see a difference between Adventure Time, Regular Show or Steven Universe and yeah, I sound like an Old Grandpa saying that the old was better, but in my eyes, they really were better.

Courage taught me that nobody is perfect, Foster's had me imagine my own adventures as a kid and Samurai Jack was just a slightly more stylistic Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Edited by TheSpookyGhost

I enjoyed shows like Hey Arnold! and CatDog and Doug. They had something each week that had something that would make a connection as if they were friends.

Then there were shows like Jackie Chan Adventures, Samurai Jack and Invader Zim that had unique art styles with excellent stories.

Just fun shows turned to be like Courage the Cowardly Dog that still delivered on something that I knew important.

Most of todays shows have scrapped up stories and don't even try to put anything worthwile to teach anyone anything. Like everyone else Avatar was great(F*** you shyamalan!) and Gravity Falls has a good amount of material to it.

As much as I hate to admit it, I like Star vs. the Forces of Evil. I swear this show was created when everyone in the department was on LSD. No point to it, but fun.