The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has The New Afk Rules Been Bothering You Cause You Have A Mom That Calls You Every 10 Seconds Or Something?

zavienh5

Look, if you're going to play an online game then you have to make an effort to not be afk. This is just basic etiquette, don't grief your team-mates.

If something serious happens then just do the mission again. This should be very rare anyway.

But if you're going afk every few minutes then you should probably go play some offline game; there are many to choose from. I don't even understand how you can enjoy a game when you have so many interruptions. People need to learn to deal with their real-life problems.

Even better is bathroom breaks, honestly sometimes on really long runs you got to go when u gotta go you know. And either u play as you go or get afk. Its unfortunate, or being dead for more than two minutes? If they're scrubs and die off quick why penalize them for sucking or an experienced player glitching to death and randomly dying. So many things to consider with the afk timer affecting gameplay

4 minutes will be too long , if I was a afker it would mean I just would have to alt+tab every 4 minutes which is easier than 2 minutes. I understand how you feel but blame the afker's , its their fault for DE even adding this system in. Before you say kick voting it can really be easily be abused by #$&(% players.

I saw an AFK'er at sechura yesterday, It was actually the very first time I saw it happen. Somehow I got very annoyed with it. Someone letting others do the work for them while this is a game where you have to play. If you AFK in a game a lot, this is not the game for you.

OP, my mom was like that, but somehow I was able to explain to her that I can not pause the game when I want (I was playing WoW as healer at that time). Back then we agreed on the following - when she asks me to come she either says "emergency" or wait till I can finish and come to aid her.

TBH you just need to be more convincing when interact with your mom.

OP, my mom was like that, but somehow I was able to explain to her that I can not pause the game when I want (I was playing WoW as healer at that time). Back then we agreed on the following - when she asks me to come she either says "emergency" or wait till I can finish and come to aid her.

TBH you just need to be more convincing when interact with your mom.

lol, you people seem to respond more to my mom than my AFK rule.  But anyways, I've told her that I can't pause and sometimes she lets me finishes but sometimes the mission goes on for like 30 minutes and then that's when she just goes crazy.

My whole opinion on the matter of "valid excuses" is that I don't care. If I'm AFK for whatever reason I expect to be kicked because I'm not contributing or doing anything to earn the reward. Basically, if your house is on fire by all means go put the fire out but don't come back and whine that the game booted you for being AFK.

Edited by Geezues

My whole opinion on the matter of "valid excuses" is that I don't care. If I'm AFK for whatever reason I expect to be kicked because I'm not contributing or doing anything to earn the reward. Basically, if your house is on fire by all means go put the fire out but don't come back and whine that the game booted you for being AFK.

do not talk sheet , if you kill 10k monsters every 10 seconds you still get rekt by afk systems

and if killing of everything is not contributing to team, then nothing is

Yeah the afk system needs to change. Question is how because nobody is ever going to be happy . I am sick of guys that go afk on every mission. Had a guy on survival that just croutched under the stairs for half an hour before this system. I really dont mean to be rude but this is an online game and going afk for a min or two happens to everyone sometimes but guys that go afk all the time even in short missions are a pain not to mention hosts in void missions who at 28 wave says gtg bye and aborts the mission. If you cant commit those 5 to 10 minutes in short missions thats a sign you should look for singleplayer games. I think the current system should stay in short missions and in longer runs give the players an option to kick inactive guys after lets say 3 minutes. As for the hosts aborting idk why they just dont make the same thing that happens on lets say earth where it just names a new host.