Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Prime

Leethorn

I've been hearing lately a lot about how Rhino Prime is OP, too good, he should be nerfed, etc. I have him, and I don't honestly think he's as OP as everyone says he is. Well yea he's a little OP, but isn't every frame in some way? He has his pros and his cons.

Thoughts?

He is not op, people are butthurt but he cant be considered a noob frame while there are far better damage reduction systems in game, and even invincibility

But its cool to hate him because some cool guys do

Edited by Absens

He is not op, people are butthurt but he cant be considered a noob frame while there are far better damage reductuon systems in game, and even invincibility

But its cool to hate him because some cool guys do

What do you mean by damage reduction systems, like what's an example

i personally have no problem with rhino prime... i just feel he is the single most common frame i see. also i think what people are complaining about in general is how a lot of rhino prime (and rhino) players just spam their ult... i feel that this applies to every warframe however and a simple solution is to make it to where the ult does not get supplied by energy but instead requires a certain number of kills in order to use... (this should at least stop ult spams) and also ults should be powered up  if the change would be like this due to the fact that it could only be used once every now and then (if not only once a mission)

This is one of those age old debates, been hearing it since U8.

Rhino(Prime) is both a Noob Frame, and a Pro Frame. It all depends on how you play him.

In the lower levels, lets call that Under 50, Iron Skin is absolutely an easy button. Mod him right, and just remember to push 2 a couple times a mission and you are unstoppable, End Of Story.

Above Level 50, things change. When you get into higher levels, his Iron Skin gets oneshotted. If you are going against Level 50+ enemies and modding for Iron Skin, You are SERIOUSLY screwing up. At that level, Rhino(Prime) is an amazing frame for CC, Buffs, and Mobility.

So considering those facts, Rhino(Prime) is both NoobFrame and ProFrame, depending entirely on who is using him and where they are going.

i personally have no problem with rhino prime... i just feel he is the single most common frame i see. also i think what people are complaining about in general is how a lot of rhino prime (and rhino) players just spam their ult... i feel that this applies to every warframe however and a simple solution is to make it to where the ult does not get supplied by energy but instead requires a certain number of kills in order to use... (this should at least stop ult spams) and also ults should be powered up  if the change would be like this due to the fact that it could only be used once every now and then (if not only once a mission)

Yea but I feel as if they'd have to change a LOT for that to work as well as they wanted

He's great at clearing out crowds, but other than that, I don't find him very useful for anything else, my main frame is Ash, and Rhino is no where near as good as Ash in like anything

Again, It has much more to do with the player than the frame. You don't find him very useful, So you don't play him much. Thats totally understandable. You play Ash all the time, also totally understandable. So wouldn't that mean that you obviously know a LOT more about how to use Ash than Rhino? You enjoy Ash more, you play Ash more, therefore you are orders of magnitude more skilled with Ash. Now take that skill and flip it around, Someone who has put a lot of time into a Rhino could very well have the opposite opinion. (I have, and I do)

A lot of people tend to hate Oberon too....but the guy is a wrecking machine.

OP?  No.

Popular?  Definitely.

The problem is most people build for power strength, which is the wrong way to build him.

For lower levels its absolutely perfect way to build him. But try it in the higher levels and you're just asking to be splattered. :)

Again, It has much more to do with the player than the frame. You don't find him very useful, So you don't play him much. Thats totally understandable. You play Ash all the time, also totally understandable. So wouldn't that mean that you obviously know a LOT more about how to use Ash than Rhino? You enjoy Ash more, you play Ash more, therefore you are orders of magnitude more skilled with Ash. Now take that skill and flip it around, Someone who has put a lot of time into a Rhino could very well have the opposite opinion. (I have, and I do)

A lot of people tend to hate Oberon too....but the guy is a wrecking machine.

I don't only play Ash, I have good amounts of experience playing various other frames, such as Trinity (who's a total freaking tank if you use her right and in a crowded place with the right weapon), Frost, Mag, Nekros. But yea I see your point.

I used to have Oberon when he first came out and I didn't really like him

I don't only play Ash, I have good amounts of experience playing various other frames, such as Trinity (who's a total freaking tank if you use her right and in a crowded place with the right weapon), Frost, Mag, Nekros. But yea I see your point.

I used to have Oberon when he first came out and I didn't really like him

The AkJagara and Founder Primes (Excal Prime, Lato Vandal, Braton Vandal, Skana Prime) are the only things i don't have in game at the moment. So after playing all that Warframe has to offer just about, I certainly can't say that Rhino or Rhino Prime are my favorite frame... I dont have a favorite anymore really. However, I have leveled about 80% of my weapons up on either Rhino or Rhino Prime, due to a few small factors like XP Scaling and Time/XP Efficiency.

The AkJagara and Founder Primes (Excal Prime, Lato Vandal, Braton Vandal, Skana Prime) are the only things i don't have in game at the moment. So after playing all that Warframe has to offer just about, I certainly can't say that Rhino or Rhino Prime are my favorite frame... I dont have a favorite anymore really. However, I have leveled about 80% of my weapons up on either Rhino or Rhino Prime, due to a few small factors like XP Scaling and Time/XP Efficiency.

I make it a challenge for myself by making almost everything I can, I don't buy platinum, in my opinion sort of a waste of money sometimes when you can just build it for free. I understand sometimes you can't wait to get the item

I make it a challenge for myself by making almost everything I can, I don't buy platinum, in my opinion sort of a waste of money sometimes when you can just build it for free. I understand sometimes you can't wait to get the item

Everything i could have gotten for free, I have. Its taken me over 2k hours...but i have lol

Ive spent Plat 3 times i believe. Once for 50$, while i had a 75% discount, Once with a 100$ gift card i got for my 31st birthday (50% discount there) and Once for Prime Access (Nova Prime) because i got a massive bonus at work and celebrated.

So i havnt exactly thrown all my cash at the game, I have thrown A LOT of time instead :)

Everything i could have gotten for free, I have. Its taken me over 2k hours...but i have lol

Ive spent Plat 3 times i believe. Once for 50$, while i had a 75% discount, Once with a 100$ gift card i got for my 31st birthday (50% discount there) and Once for Prime Access (Nova Prime) because i got a massive bonus at work and celebrated.

So i havnt exactly thrown all my cash at the game, I have thrown A LOT of time instead :)

Ah to be honest, I'd buy plat, but I'm poor af