Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some People Just Can't Stop The Greedy Milk

Hawk_of_the_Reborn

So I'm about to rank up to Partner in the Perrin Sequence, all I needed was a Mag Prime helmet. So I hit up trade and see if I could get anything decent for one.

2ak0kkj.jpg

I know I'm not really great at trading, but I do try to keep a basic understanding of average trade prices for particular things that I'm planning on dealing with. This guy, however, thought it was a great idea to try to make me think that a Mag Prime helm can be worth more than 10-15 Platinum. Up to 25, as stated in the chat in the screenshot. I don't know if I was wrong, or what. But the Mag Prime helm for 15 or more seems a bit high.

I can understand my lack of knowledge for trading, and I'm okay with somebody saying that the actual worth is more than what I got it for(10 plat). But this isn't the topic I'm getting at. This guy went so far as to block me, ignore me, or whatever you do to somebody you have feelings of antipathy for.

We aren't Tenno anymore. 

We are becoming more akin to those defilers, the Corpus lately.

Edited by HawktheHeavy

So I'm about to rank up to Partner in the Perrin Sequence, all I needed was a Mag Prime helmet. So I hit up trade and see if I could get anything decent for one.

2ak0kkj.jpg

I know I'm not really great at trading, but I do try to keep a basic understanding of average trade prices for particular things that I'm planning on dealing with. This guy, however, thought it was a great idea to try to make me think that a Mag Prime helm can be worth more than 10-15 Platinum. Up to 25, as stated in the chat in the screenshot. I don't know if I was wrong, or what. But the Mag Prime helm for 15 or more seems a bit high.

I can understand my lack of knowledge for trading, and I'm okay with somebody saying that the actual worth is more than what I got it for(10 plat). But this isn't the topic I'm getting at. This guy went so far as to block me, ignore me, or whatever you do to somebody you have feelings of antipathy for.

We aren't Tenno anymore. 

Yeah trading is full of people trying to sell for highest price possible. Don't blame them, blame the free to play economy.

Shame on you, these kind of treads are becoming ridiculous, ppl do the prices they want, its a free market.

You dont want it? Dont buy it.

But that guy is also a doooche for ignoring you like that.

-------------------

why the word dooche is so problematic the forums have to filter it?

So ridiculous.

Edited by 7grims

Eh, 10-15 is a pretty common price for semi-common parts. 25 is a bit high, but by no means is it ridiculous. It entirely depends on the buyer. Whenever I sell, I usually give an initial offer somewhere around 30-60% higher than the amount I am willing to take for it and fully expect to be bargained down a ways.

I sold a Rakta Ballistica (before any buffs) for 130p and turned around and bought a Synoid Gammacor for 70p, it just depends on the relative value of plat to the buyer. If they want to play Warframe without spending or dime, or haven't done much selling in trade chat, then plat will be much more valuable to them versus the player who budgets money for games or has recently farmed and sold parts for Loki Prime / Nova Prime etc...

As for blocking you... Well I am very quick to block people who bug me. Shoot, I've blocked people who kept filling Recruiting / Trading with blocks of all caps because I find it annoying. People in Warframe are not hard to find, so blocking anyone who may bug you in the future doesn't really do anything.

Edited by Invisum

The thing I don't get is that he went so far as to block me. As if I was the one who tried to do something offensive.

"It's "Bye" btw"

Yeah... Not acting douchy there at all, especially after he offered it for 10p.

Edited by Ingway

Just ignore those offers, it's not your problem if their plat wallet aren't being filled. There's always going to be a group of "merchants" that sells high and buys low at a ridiculous rate just so they can earn a bit more from the new guys. It's never how much they sell in total, it's how much they can squeeze out of each item.

In this case, it's just one measly player anyway, there are plenty of sellers out there. Being blocked by a merchant isn't that big of a deal.

"It's "Bye" btw"

Yeah... Not acting douchy there at all, especially after he offered it for 10p.

I can't stand all this text typing, especially when you have a fully operational keyboard at your disposal. I can understand that there are those where English isn't their primary language, or that there's other factors that actually and legitimately impact one's usage of a language(English in this case). But to actually use things like "u" and "by/bi", among other text typing shorthands, is just.. It really rustles my jimmies.

Yeah trading is full of people trying to sell for highest price possible. Don't blame them, blame the free to play economy.

Nah, I blame them. They could just choose to remember that they're selling to people, and not talking wallets.

[iNSERT YOUR OWN EA JOKES HERE]

I can't stand all this text typing, especially when you have a fully operational keyboard at your disposal. I can understand that there are those where English isn't their primary language, or that there's other factors that actually and legitimately impact one's usage of a language(English in this case). But to actually use things like "u" and "by/bi", among other text typing shorthands, is just.. It really rustles my jimmies.

Although I get where you're coming from, it's ultimately not his fault or problem that you don't like it.

The whole price thing isn't the topic, it's the fact that he ignored me, as in blocked me in-game.

And his point was that these kind of threads are ridiculous and annoying.

! week everyone who has a "burnout" needs to make a post and this week it looks like everyone who got ingnored needs to make a post.

Business is a cold-hearted world.

25 is indeed a rip-off, but it's a free market and he's entitled to give poor deals.

It doesn't sound like it's really a bad thing that he blocked you though; saved you the trouble of doing it yourself, eh?

To me it sounds like you were being a bit douchey, he asked for 25, you were like that's crazy, he was like you want it for 10, you were like no to late, he was like OK by, you were like it's bye btw, he was like forget this douchey guy click name > ignore.  I don't see the problem here at all.  Personally I wouldn't have blocked you or anything just wouldn't talk to you anymore, I guess this guy felt differently.

Edited by Z3GR4M

2ak0kkj.jpg

We aren't Tenno anymore. 

When I buy something and notice they're selling higher than what I know I can get for at a lower price, I tend to say no thanks or nvm. I don't say anything else because it usually always lead to your example shown (which has happened to me a couple of times in the past). It could have been avoided, if you didn't try to insult the player at the end (in your defense, it isn't really an insult, but just clearifying; to others it can be considered an insult, hurting their ego or pride), and just said no thanks or nvm. So far, it works wonderfully for me.

Though honestly, I would sell all mag, rhino, frost, ember prime parts for 5p each, don't really care for its actual worth. Players who tend to get too greedy are best to just end the convo with no thanks or never mind; if they want to rant at you because they thought you were being unreasonable, ignoring is the best way to go.

Don't say more than what is really needed, is all I can say.

Call me greedy but I'd sell it for 25p too. Mainly because it's used to rank up in a syndicate and mag is becoming a desired frame from what I've seen. I'd sell the set for 40p(same as rhino prime.) But prices are made by individual players so you've got to deal with it.

Moved to Off Topic. GD is not the place to post deals gone bad or personal problems you have with other players.

Sorry, wasn't sure where I could put this.

To me it sounds like you were being a bit douchey, he asked for 25, you were like that's crazy, he was like you want it for 10, you were like no to late, he was like OK by, you were like it's bye btw, he was like forget this douchey guy click name > ignore.  I don't see the problem here at all.  Personally I wouldn't have blocked you or anything just wouldn't talk to you anymore, I guess this guy felt differently.

He'd already appearently ignored me, after I said "It's bye btw". Since that's how I was notified as seen in screenshot.

-snip-

Same as my reply to Z3GR4M. 

Call me greedy but I'd sell it for 25p too. Mainly because it's used to rank up in a syndicate and mag is becoming a desired frame from what I've seen. I'd sell the set for 40p(same as rhino prime.) But prices are made by individual players so you've got to deal with it.

I really don't care for that excuse of "it's a free market." Just because you can, doesn't mean you should imo

Edited by HawktheHeavy