The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime: The End Of An Era. [Megathread]

*Whispers* You're not going to die, Not yet buddy... You have so much to live for, Even if your just highly used in T4DEF or anything along those lines.... You won't die, The De is just putting you to rest "for" now... Just hang on buddy, Everybody will be waiting for you on the other side *tears up*... Sweet dreams and good night, But don't let your light die out just yet.. *Cries like a b***h *  You happy DE? You know what you have done!!! I hope you enjoy your little "Trade" meta while it last! 

(change the name to freeze up the night)

https://youtu.be/UpSHC1dqX1o

Removing items from the void drop tables has historically never improved the RNG nor the grind associated with it. Whenever DE has changed the drop tables, the net change in overall grind.factor, for better or worse, is almost always zero. At the end of the day, something will always be common, and something else will be rare. What is common and what is rare has and will change over time, but the condition of one item being hard to farm and another being easy has always existed - and will continue to exist even after the void evaporates. This condition is deliberate and meticulously maintained.

Whether or not one thinks removing Frost from the void is a good idea is an opinion based on where one falls along the line of what you expect from the drop tables. If you expect no change in the overall net grind factor of the tables, then taking Frost from them is a good idea, because there will most certainly be shifts and changes to the tables at large. If you expect things to improve overall, then I have some bad news for you.

Frost Prime would never reach the level of rarity of Primed Chamber. There are a little over 100 Primed Chambers in circulation, while there are probably thousands of loose Frost Prime parts floating around in peoples inventory.

well primed chamber is just another unresolved mistake to begin with, hardly any useful and easy to move into "primed mods", yet still unreleased cuz... fck plyers thats why!

Star chart missions that have a chance of a worm-hole summined inside that mission that brings u into a prime chamber vault where frost primes hibernating in. As like the first cinematic of captain vor going into a chamber to activate excalibor from its hibernation.

Seems very likely and possible.

Edited by Kz.Prime

Sorry but no, Dilution is not the reason behind this decision. If I´m correct we have around 100 prime parts. We have 25 Void keys, some of them with 3 rotations. (16 without rotation)+(9x3 rotation)=43 "slots" for rewards. OD keys without assassinate. (3 no rotation)+(2x3 rotation)=9 more "slots".

So 52 slots for around 100 rewards. They can put 2 diferent rewards for every rotation/final mision reward and we have covered all prime parts. Add a forma and Rare core pack. Void is a Bonus stage after all, we need luck in star chart to get access to it(or buy it with money), garbage rewards(more keys/resources/credit caches/common/uncommon core packs/etc) shouldnt be here

DE still have place to put  another 10 prime acces to the table with less dilution than we have until now. So, no, i don´t believe that move is to mitigate the dillution.

Worst decision ever from DE. Although I have to say I'm not all that surprised. DE has been slowly killing the game. VERY slowly. Glad I stopped playing a while ago. Only reason I considered coming back in the past few days was the new Prime, but after seeing this, I think I'm done for good. Goodbye Warframe, you were o.k. I guess. Goodbye Frost Prime, I loved you.

Retiring items will only cause more friction among players in the future, DE needs to take this into account to maintain and foster a healthy friendly community, but many choices have already been made that reinforce exactly the opposite and cause trouble among players, most of the conflicts among players are based on design choices and game mechanics, DE needs to start looking after the health and well-being of this community.

I do own a Frost Prime, Latron Prime and Reaper Prime, but i certainly don't want to be the new player that just discovered Warframe and learns that he/she can't get certain items because they have been "retired".

well primed chamber is just another unresolved mistake to begin with, hardly any useful and easy to move into "primed mods", yet still unreleased cuz... fck plyers thats why!

That is a bit dramatic. It is a single mod that was given in an early event, one that happened before I started playing. Let the top 100 players of that event and the players who have acquired it after keep it. For everyone else their is Charged Chamber, and eventually Primed Charged Chamber. The fact that you do not have this single mod is not a determent to your life in any significant way, nor does it impact the game at large in any substantial way. If not having a single item rubs you the wrong way that much you are definitely not playing the right game.

Your birdy is incorrect! Frost Prime, Latron Prime and Reaper Prime parts will still be tradable after they've been put into the Prime Vault. 

ok glad i read that, the warframe front page sorta made it sound like the blueprints and parts would vanish and only things remaining were built versions in our inventories

Perhaps just giving another way to access Frost Prime? It didn't mentioned it won't be accessible after the changes.

I'm really impartial to this whole thing but I think it should be noted that when things are referred to be contained in 'vaults' that pretty much indicates with a high level of confidence that said items are inaccessible.

We have no Orokin lab. We have a Tenno lab.

So you aren't in a clan, or something? I guess you never paid attention to the livestreams or the name of the place where rails are built?

The devs literally announced it as "an Orokin Lab." It has holographic PRIME weapons floating on a research rack, just like how the other labs have representations of the weapons and gear you can construct there. It has machinery from the Void in it. There's a giant albino Kubrow the size of a rhino in a test tube.

We have an Orokin lab. We can't do anything with it that's actually worthwhile and implied by the structure, like dump a hundred void prints in so everyone can build a Burston Prime, or share Kubrow genetic information freely and research clan tech colors and skins, but we do have one. Steve, Scott, Sheldon, and Rebecca know more about what they're talking about than you do, I suspect, and they all called it an Orokin lab.

[EDIT]

Also, friendly reminder to everyone that Warframe is still a beta, even though it's now present across multiple console platforms as well as the PC, and we are now 'retiring' certain weapons and frames.

If there was any doubt that Digital Extremes wasn't using the 'beta' label as nothing more than a dodge to avoid having to appreciably improve the quality of the game while still making money off of it, harbor it no more. Frost Prime, Latron Prime, and Reaper Prime are being retired from the game, and it's still a 'beta.'

Edited by LordRaine

I'm really impartial to this whole thing but I think it should be noted that when things are referred to be contained in 'vaults' that pretty much indicates with a high level of confidence that said items are inaccessible.

This is why I'm unsettled by this. Frost and his stuff has almost gone the way of Excalibur Prime. I think we all know that we don't want that to happen again.

Another reason I don't like this is if the next wave of primes are on the chopping block...

On a semi-related note: I see all these people saying they plan to stockpile these primes and sell them months down the road for loads of plat, and honestly, I don't see how people think that they'll be worth more than but so much. Yeah, sure they might not be obtainable through gameplay anymore, but the sheer amount of people who have him ready to sell will be so much supply, and I feel it won't be worth so much. It's been almost a year since arcanes were removed, and most of them aren't even really worth more than 30 plat because so many are in circulation, excluding the ones people will pay ridiculous prices for in order to get a menial buff. 

On a semi-related note: I see all these people saying they plan to stockpile these primes and sell them months down the road for loads of plat, and honestly, I don't see how people think that they'll be worth more than but so much. Yeah, sure they might not be obtainable through gameplay anymore, but the sheer amount of people who have him ready to sell will be so much supply, and I feel it won't be worth so much. It's been almost a year since arcanes were removed, and most of them aren't even really worth more than 30 plat because so many are in circulation, excluding the ones people will pay ridiculous prices for in order to get a menial buff. 

It's really a simple market logic. Eventually demand will be higher than supply and the price WILL rise for sure.

While the Prime Vault is new, it can open its doors at any time. 

Even if it is locked up, I think it would only be a temporary thing base on this reply. Unless I misunderstood.