The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime: The End Of An Era. [Megathread]

DESTROY ALL CONTENT, DESTROY ALL CONTENT

Pewpew.png

ALL PART OF OUR PLAN TO MAKE EVERYBODY AN EXPLOITER, AND TAKE AWAY ALL ASSETS, SOON THERE WILL BE ONLY EVIL LOTUS LEFT

Ok, I feel like that was a tad excessive, but I got quite a laugh out of it.

I don't see it going to the Orokin Lab. Primes are made from putting ancient parts together again. Notice how none of the primes have BP for the Helmet/Chassis/Systems, you are getting the actual parts from the void. The only BP is how to put them all together. 

They won't go to the lab because you will never be able to make a prime from scratch. That's why the non-prime versions exist, they are the attempt to reproduce the prime. If you can make Frost prime from scratch, what purpose does it make to have non-prime Frost?

The Void trader is still the most logical place for it, if it is going to be put anywhere else.

Edited by weezedog

Lets face it......Frost Prime?  No longer the King of Defense missions (he never was either but some thought so), Latron Prime?  Was it ever the King of anything?  Reaper Prime?  Until scythes get some love it is terrible...

I can't tell you the last time I saw a Latron or Reaper in a game somewhere.....and Frost? Maybe there will be a few less snow globes around and I won't have to stand directly beside a cryopod to protect it while getting pounded by enemy fire that isn't even directed at me.....

This IS a good thing.....

Well, that is your sole opinion then. Latron Prime is one of the strongest rifles out there, Frost is still very, very usefull in defenses (you just have to mod him in a different way). Reaper Prime... well, I didn't like it either, but that would make it ONE item that would be negligible..

DESTROY ALL CONTENT, DESTROY ALL CONTENT

Pewpew.png

ALL PART OF OUR PLAN TO MAKE EVERYBODY AN EXPLOITERAND TAKE AWAY ALL ASSETSSOON THERE WILL BE ONLY EVIL LOTUS LEFT

(warning contains COMEDY, do not overreact..too much)

#Sp00ky

Edited by GREENMAN41z

Sometimes, on some levels, I see Corpus crewmen running in circles.  Not shooting anything, not chasing anything, not accomplishing anything.

Yeah, this thread is a lot like that. 

How long has Frost P been available?  How long have players kvetched about drop table dilution?  But NOT LIKE THIS, DE!! NOT LIKE THIS!!!!

Oy.

To me, it sets a worrying trend. New and returning players are only going to be put off by the sheer wall of things they can't get any more--things that were considered staples of progression.

Then you find new and interesting things to be "staples" of progression and if your a new player not having a Frame or Weapon isn't that big of a deal as there is still so many others to use and your not going to know what your missing (in the case of pFrost a free "D" polarity)

Jesus Christ, you lot are already panicking and assuming things.

CALM DOWN. Wait a while. See what happens.

Don't all flock to the nearest cliff at the first bloody opportunity.

Do all flock over the nearest cliff, it will weed the chaff out and make this place a better one.

The game only exists because we spend money on it, it is their product but it would be dead and have nobody working on it if not for us.

Yeah and the 3 bits of gear being taken out rotation stops that how?

Since i started playing (which was in late August) so many New Weapons* and a couple of new frames and Primed Frames have been added as well as the Archwing (i dont like it but its added content)

So your butthurt that you wont be able to get X Y or Z, man or woman up and get over it, many things have limited or exclusive content at various points and quite often those "exclusives" are not so exclusive and will make a reappearance as a reward for something.

That Joe the New player cant get a pFrost in 2 weeks means not much as with a lil bi tof Effort and some time  he can get Frost from some Kril runs (or you know boost the company direct with that Plat sale).  All he misses out on is a free "D" polarity and some gold bling

*Went and counted over 20 New weapons or Variations of weapons that have been released that anyone can get and use to level MR. This is in addition to who knows how many will be added as the game progresses over time.

Edited by AzureTerra

Temporarily, yes, I think so.  The next PA will add a new Prime and weapons, and they're presumably replacing those things with the new ones.  They've also said they're removing the void rewards, or dismantling that system and putting the rewards throughout the solar system at some point?  So, it might be a more temporary measure than some have suggested, or it may be that every other Prime is effectively behind a similar "wall" after that point.

That said, this isn't really a bug.

yea this is definately temp they should have taken up another prime as well theres a lot of prime stuff in the void so farming there parts can be difficult. thats gonna hurt the new players after march 26th when frosty is out of the drop table. ive been seeing ppl sell him for 150plat and up. cant imagine what his set will be like come christmas when the new people who get there ps4 for the first time ask for him. lol

I feel like I'm repeating myself here, but as I said before, the most logical assumption for this move that DE has so far neglected to explain is made with the intention to avoid over-saturation with whatever new void system they've worked out. Once again, this is an incredibly strange and unnecessary move when you consider Orokin Derelicts.

It seems a lot of people have forgotten, but the original design of the Derelicts was to help reduce dilution in the Void. I ca't recall any explanation for why it got cut, but there's no sensible reason they can't go back to that. Just give Derelicts prime drops, and suddenly over-saturation isn't quite so bad, avoiding this entire "Prime Vault" thing.

Thanks for the Information, I didn't know derelict was introduced to dilute the void. Maybe they could add another tier to the derelict requiring you to sacrifice tier3 or tier4 void keys to build these new derelict keys.. Sounds like a plan right? They said they were trying to destroy the void though so adding these higher tier derelicts would put a stop to that idea.

Edited by (XB1)O4K51

Heres where I think the dilution comes from, Orokin Cells put in the tables, forma drops increased, and cores. People go to the void for primes, so can we have primes???? Or if youre getting doubles during missions perhapss lower the chance of getting that item in the same mission... Don't take away our toys please ;-;

Heres where I think the dilution comes from, Orokin Cells put in the tables, forma drops increased, and cores. People go to the void for primes, so can we have primes???? Or if youre getting doubles during missions perhapss lower the chance of getting that item in the same mission... Don't take away our toys please ;-;

They put the small items in to give you something at least when your not getting the prime parts, if they had only prime parts you would end up with 100 mag prime helmets instead of fusion cores, cells, etc so get a brain and think about stuff before you post. They need to add a new tier of derelict as a temporary measure until they destroy the void and fit some of the parts in there while keeping some the same. So frost systems would stay on t3 survival but his helmet would go to t2 ode. Etc making room for a new part which would fit into the t4 survival slot which could be the volt helmet. DE need to do this quickly and then think about destroying the void later when they have a full plan and know exactly what they are going to do

TLDR, but...

I fear that WF is turning into a game which you pay to win. By this I mean that the Primes are turning into a commodity reserved to only those who either play with a progressive clan or pay with real money. That is what Prime Archive spells to me.

I do not have a single prime warframe, I do not have a clan to run void day in, day out. Thankfully I have gotten to trade my only prime weapon - ironically - Latron P with the parts I have soloed up to t3 exterminates and captures.

So, removing Frost Prime from the game removes one target I might have for grinds.

Tomorrow is the U16, so, we will be distracted by that.

Ohh too late.

Seems to be the case if this thread still going :/

Yes is mind boggling the choice they made just now but can't we just reserve our energy and see where it goes? No? Well it was worth asking... (._.)

He will be removed from the void. For all we know they might make prime frames accessible through bosses similarly the way regular frames are found which will probably be from the upcoming raids. Raid boss has all frost prime parts so we murder it to get them back, this is just a guess on what will happen but we shouldn't freak out just yet since we have no idea what will happen with his parts but tenno live did mention new ways to get prime parts so we should wait and see what happens.

They should tell us this them shouldn't they? Not leave us in the dark, they could be deleting him forever for all we know.

TLDR, but...

I fear that WF is turning into a game which you pay to win. By this I mean that the Primes are turning into a commodity reserved to only those who either play with a progressive clan or pay with real money. That is what Prime Archive spells to me.

I do not have a single prime warframe, I do not have a clan to run void day in, day out. Thankfully I have gotten to trade my only prime weapon - ironically - Latron P with the parts I have soloed up to t3 exterminates and captures.

So, removing Frost Prime from the game removes one target I might have for grinds.

1.) Frost Prime is barely anything more than a ornamental version of Frost.  Barely.

2.) You can easily solo T1-3 Defense, mobile defenses, ect OR find pugs, I do it all the time for T4's and we do fine.

I've even solo'ed T4's, barely... yes, but I have done up to 20 rather reliably.

3.) Warframe has ALWAYS been:  "Pay2Rush"  and "Pay2Swag"  but NEVER:  "Pay2Win"

Pay2Win implies that by paying you will ALWAYS do better statistically then someone who puts in the same or more effort than you even if you are at the same skill level, Pay2Win implies you are buying your way to the top to a level of dealing damage or taking damage that non-paying customers can NEVER compete.

Edited by achromos