Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Require Assistance For Stealthing.

(PSN)theelix

Question

It seems that, for me attempting to complete the Stolen Dreams second Spy mission whilst using actual stealth, is nearing the level of too difficult to be worth the time.

I've been using my Codex; this isn't an effective method for me. The codex can see through walls, but not tilesets separated by doors. I'll attempt to crouch to the corner of a Corpus door and it will not allow me to open it nor are there other ways of opening it; enemies do not walk close enough to doors to open it in most occasions.

The Cameras are detecting me through walls at impossible angles from ranges above 30m, which is when I think the Codex stops being able to detect enemies at all. This is a problem due to the fact that it will activate all laser barriers every where in every possible doorway that I know of. I can get through them with a roll or slide attack, yes, but then I lose the ability to attack the cluster of enemies which lie beyond the lasers. This combined with the limited control on the distance of your roll makes it difficult for me, at least.

I've equipped the Shade Sentinel, but it's effects are far too finicky for me to use it. There have been two separate occasions of which I have been in cloak for less than one minute, while moving, without attacking, rolling, aiming or using powers, or anything else that I know of that would have removed me from cloak and the Shade sentinel would stop cloaking me. I was in full view of over five enemies, all unobstructed by obstacles with the exception of themselves. 

I will not even attempt to equip the stealth Kubrow; since I've obtained it, I have had nothing but problems with its attacking enemies and forcibly taking me out of cloak for reasons unannounced to me.

I refuse to use Loki or Ash because there is absolutely no reason for a stealth system, and by extension stealth exclusive missions, if I can't use any frame to complete the mission.

Another problem I am having is when successfully performing reconnaissance on a group of enemies in order to learn their pattern. I have enemies spawning behind me. This isn't exaggeration and I'm quite sure of it; the hallways I come out of only have one doorway; the one I go through. I'll sit there and watch a group of enemies before they're all somehow instantaneously alerted even though none of them were looking at me. The cause has always been an enemy behind me that, I have no doubt, was not there before. 

So I ask: How do I complete Spy 2.0 without the use of a Loki or Ash?

The last problem will hopefully be rectified with the release of Parkour 2.0; I'm unable to get to certain vents through parkour where it is obviously apparent I should parkour in order to get to places.

6 answers to this question

The only time you need to worry about being detected is in the data vaults themselves. You don't need to stealth through the entire level, just make sure you're not detected as you go to take their data and you're fine.

Like Xiusa said. Throughout the level, you can be using the loudest weapon for all the enemy cares.

But when you're in the vault, that's where you must not be detected. If you get detected and there's a timer counting down, then you need to hurry to the data vault and solve the cipher.

My advice - build a lot of Ciphers. That way, once you're detected, you can run through the different locks with ciphers and get the data with more time saved.

Like Xiusa said. Throughout the level, you can be using the loudest weapon for all the enemy cares.

But when you're in the vault, that's where you must not be detected. If you get detected and there's a timer counting down, then you need to hurry to the data vault and solve the cipher.

My advice - build a lot of Ciphers. That way, once you're detected, you can run through the different locks with ciphers and get the data with more time saved.

The only time you need to worry about being detected is in the data vaults themselves. You don't need to stealth through the entire level, just make sure you're not detected as you go to take their data and you're fine.

All right, thank you for the advice.

If your still going for stealth then equip either Enemy Sense or Enemy Radar mod to help your detect enemies. You can mod your weapons with punch through or use a bow to get enemies behind structures. As for parkour, well two options: screw the parkour  and run through all the sensors and like Mathematicus said, use ciphers to quickly solve the locks once detected or practice parkour.

Edited by NekroArts