Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Star Wars Battlefront Gameplay Reveal

Sixty5

Was going to be for last gen and was cancelled. This is not Ea's Battlefront.

Yeah, it just hit me immediately after I posted that comment. I completely forgot about the canned build for a moment. 

But hating is easier than being well-informed, chaps.

I am Well informed. That is why I hate. 

Meh. It'll probably just be BF4: Star Wars edition instead of actually being more like Battlefront 3, which is what it should be. If EA would commit to adding the features that actually made Battlefront 2 popular, like the Jedi, third person, vehicles (a given), the different Battlefront game modes, and Battlefront 3's seamless transition from ground to space, THEN and only then will EA's Battlefront live up to both the name and the hype that was surrounding Battlefront 3, because let's remember: No one asked for a Battlefront 1 remake. Battlefront fans wanted Battlefront 3 and the features that it proposed.

In all honesty, if all they did was take battlefront 2, make the maps bigger and extend into space, as well as beef up the visuals, you'd have a top tier game on your hands.

As much as it pains me to admit, both EA and Ubisoft seem to be making a bit more of an effort these days.

Though I could be completely wrong.

In all honesty, Activision should be publishing it, simply because they have a long history of making reskinned sequals.

And given how good battlefront 2 is, that is all we really want anyway.

I guess this is the leaked reveal: 

The running looks like crap.  It looks fake, as if the legs are moving faster than what the character aught to be moving.  But, it's EA, of course it's bullS#&$.

P.S. Battlefield 4 was a rehashed piece of junk.

Nope...that's already been dismissed as supposed leaked footage

Also, pretty sure the new title isn't going to be released until October/November

In all honesty, if all they did was take battlefront 2, make the maps bigger and extend into space, as well as beef up the visuals, you'd have a top tier game on your hands.

As much as it pains me to admit, both EA and Ubisoft seem to be making a bit more of an effort these days.

Though I could be completely wrong.

In all honesty, Activision should be publishing it, simply because they have a long history of making reskinned sequals.

AC Unity wasn't enough of an effort. Neither was Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Or Watch Dogs. Or AC Rogue. Graphics, great! Gameplay mechanics and software stability? Nope.

The running looks like crap.  It looks fake, as if the legs are moving faster than what the character aught to be moving.  But, it's EA, of course it's bullS#&$.

EA isn't making Battlefront 3. EA is making a reboot of the first Battlefront.

i'm sure EA will find plenty of ways to f... it up.

i'm hopeful for this, and also hopeful for Battlefield 2143 - but both will surely be ruined.

sigh.

OH THE IRONY

That's Star Wars Battlefront 3 that was supposed to be designed by Free Radical, but got cancelled. The one EA is making most likely will look nothing like that, besides look at the date of the video... it's from 2013...

Edited by (PS4)OfficialAtom

i'm sure EA will find plenty of ways to f... it up.

i'm hopeful for this, and also hopeful for Battlefield 2143 - but both will surely be ruined.

sigh.

OH THE IRONY

2142 was a great game.

Played it a bunch over lan in my old flat

As long as the game is Battlefront and not Battlefield: Star Wars I will be happy.

None of this autoregenning hp or tdm game mode crap that we get nowadays.

Objective gameplay, balanced classes, unlockable power classes and heros are what made battlefront two great.

Hopefully Ea won't ruin that

I know that's supposed to be alpha footage, but it looks like a PS2 game. Are they really going to try to pass this crap as current-gen? Even Watchdogs has a better lighting engine than this. 

Now that I think about it, I reckon this is from the battlefront 3 build that got canned before EA bought the IP. The new one is supposed to be using the Frostbite engine, and Frostbite games usually look a whole lot better than that. 

Unfortunately, every single one of them plays horribly. 

That was the game that never got released, it was in development for X360, PS3, and PC. It was also the game that was free radicals downfall. They invested alot of money into it expecting a big payout at the end, but EA cut development halfway through, most of the game is playable but it suffers from frame rate issues and other glitches.