The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De's Word And Its Lack Of Integrity: Another Viewpoint From Another Long-Time Player

Xikiri

well, like it or not, there IS a problem with Warframe. I once watched a video, posted some months ago, or 4 Excaliburs sitting in an interception map, doing nothing but spamming max power strength/range radial javelins and being fed energy for it. It was literally the biggest steaming pile of player innovation I've ever seen. Does it work? Sure. Are they lords of Cheese? GOD YES. You can't do things like that and expect nothing to happen to the game. Remember the ammo nerfs to heavy launchers? That was because the most efficient way to play ODDs was to get up on each pillar and blast the infested with grenades, rocket launchers, and C4 castanas when they approached.

If anything, this comic comes to mind.

http://cdn2.cad-comic.com/comics/cad-20150105-bdef5.png

I do believe u are right in your vision, the way the lessened the grind was almost non-existent due to the addition of grind they balance out, more-so on the grind side. I do believe a game is only as good as how you can acquire something you desire. Some games being quick but tough, some have a long road ahead, or some put up grindwalls. DE does the last two together.

wait what when?!

Medallions, alerts or standard gains?

I am talking about standard mission standing gains at least. I haven't tried the alerts yet. Syndicate missions seem largely unaffected, but they don't seem to give much over the stated amount, no matter how well you perform.

And when? Started noticing it about 3 hours ago, slightly after the server upgrade.

Edited by SoanoS

well, like it or not, there IS a problem with Warframe. I once watched a video, posted some months ago, or 4 Excaliburs sitting in an interception map, doing nothing but spamming max power strength/range radial javelins and being fed energy for it. It was literally the biggest steaming pile of player innovation I've ever seen. Does it work? Sure. Are they lords of Cheese? GOD YES. You can't do things like that and expect nothing to happen to the game...

Exactly.. Playing the game and trying to trivialize it are two different things.. But I still put the blame at the feet of DE for not knowing what type of game they wanted Warframe to be after so long. They thought they wanted Diablo 3 but turns out they really didn't, and now have to set out to try and correct some of the "kill all the things, as quickly as possible" ideology in effort to establish some real longevity in the game instead of it being totally reduced to trivial actions.

But people were really just playing the game as they would, as efficiently as possible. 

Digital Extremes, often talks about the Tenno's power being "too much", "over powered", "unbalanced".  It makes one wonder what the meaning of the company name refers to.  In what way is DE extreme?  "To much", "Over Powered is bad", "unbalanced", "industry standard", "the right way to make games", these are conservative views against the player characters.    Is DE extremely conservative?

Warframe: Developer Q&A , Answer to Question 4:

The core is the 4 guys against a massive army.  And, generally speaking, they are devastating. The core is not something like in Gears of War where the one on one is something a bit more balanced.  One Space Ninja against a whole ship of Grineer is the idea.  But, that needs to be balanced by boss battles, and by like desperate scenarios.  But, generally speaking, the whole idea of it, even an old ninja (right?) is that the untrained militia get devastated by a single one.

4 Tenno Devastate Massive Enemy Army is extreme, but, not conservative.

Reading this entire thread again leads me to one conclusion… we just want to have fun… And between DE ignoring players and stealth nerfing everything they think is a problem … they and we forgot that. It’s just tragic.

quoting for emphasis

Current problem is "Us" vs "Them" developer mentality.

"Them" being the player base.

They encourage player behavior with mechanics and then slap their hands when the behavior occurs.

You build a game about drop rates and RNG, and then put a time wall between the content related to getting such things... Only to seem surprised that farming happens? That people see how far and hard they can push it to ease the often times absurd timewalls? 

There isn't really any set direction nor any huge indication that things will change for the better. DE has a habit of introducing new systems and mechanics only to forget about them shortly after.

Year one Parkour Promises falling flat.

Archwing being mostly lackluster and just more of the same grind.

The "meta" if you can call it that, is built upon two years of power creep. Creep they continually encourage, but once it gets too far, invalidate it by completely "nerfing" the method of doing so.

So then a new method has to be found, one that won't be possible without certain mods and super powerful combos of course, further encouraging the grind.  You could go on and on about this, but its easy to get lost in the fluff.

If you can understand the frustrating mindset of "get these things", taking the time to do so and then once again being told to "Get these different things".  You can see why many feel slighted. And honestly the fact that this happens is just a flaw with the game itself, the developers may not be "maliciously" doing this, however, it is happening all the same.

Edited by Nariala

I'd just like to point out that DE has been working to decrease the grind. Just because they nerfed one ability doesn't mean they're not.

They nerfed the amount of cores that drop, they nerfed the bosses so now they don't drop resources we need. explain how this is decreasing grind? because its not it is increasing grind.

This has been a great and interesting topic so far and I wholeheartedly agree with most points.

DE has been walking on thin ice for a long time now always pulling crazy stunts like that, sometimes you might think that they want to destroy their player base.

I am a Veteran player and I`ve been worried about the development of the game for a while now (Grind-walls/hidden or questionable changes/annoying enemies/Nerf sprees destroying frames/other nuisances and list goes on forever)

I am convinced that the next updates might give Warframe a killing blow or at least drive of a big part of the community, they might want to focus on the big problems instead of new content which is nice for a while but doesn't help in the long run.

If the rumours are true the might remove the void altogether,which may make grinding/farming prime parts even more difficult.

Also parkour has been planned for a long time now and will most likely have a huge impact on gameplay if they decide to remove "coptering", Warframe might turn in to a slow-paced generic shooter...

Potentially more nerfs turning even more Frames useless?

Please keep in mind that most of these are partly RUMOURS.

tl;dr  no "pointless" updates,don't ruin the game DE and listen to us more often ;P

Chroma also seems to be a conspiracy to me. DE gives it a ridiculous design that they know will be hated by majority, then prepare a mediocre appearance before hand. After the forum rage, DE throw out the mediocre design, which, by comparison, better than the Anteater, and bask in the light of "I listen to player base".

No they switch it because of SALES. Once again another person speaks about Chroma's design as "mediocre", but this is your opinion, its not a fact. I know this because including myself, a lot of people are very pleased with his appearance.

As if all of your whining is going to do anything positive, call the police why don't you? Because it's such a big @(*()$ deal.

It say's OP's post was edited by [DE]Drew to comply with community rules... Does anyone know how was it breaking community rules? 

Edit: I'm just curious, not saying anyone's at fault, OP or DE.

The conspiracy thickens...where's my tinfoil hat when I need it?

No they switch it because of SALES. Once again another person speaks about Chroma's design as "mediocre", but this is your opinion, its not a fact. I know this because including myself, a lot of people are very pleased with his appearance.

As if all of your whining is going to do anything positive, call the police why don't you? Because it's such a big @(*()$ deal.

Hmmm? Joke anyone? No?

Or maybe they were just hoping the community was stupid enough not to notice so they could dodge some backlash.

Do you think ANYBODY is stupid enough to think that the almost 30k players currently online (and signed into Steam) would not notice a pretty big change to the most cast skill in the game?

Especially since they had done this before?

No, it has to be an honest mistake. I think the Warframe balance team simply does not communicate with the community management well enough, which is a problem in its own right. It's just not a conspiracy against the playerbase, as so many people think it is.

Do you think ANYBODY is stupid enough to think that the almost 30k players currently online (and signed into Steam) would not notice a pretty big change to the most cast skill in the game?

Especially since they had done this before?

No, it has to be an honest mistake. I think the Warframe balance team simply does not communicate with the community management well enough, which is a problem in its own right. It's just not a conspiracy against the playerbase, as so many people think it is.

DE does not have our best interests in mind when it comes to this game. The soul reason warframe exists is to make a profit, and there is no problem with that. 

However, naturally this means that they want to keep the players happy, because more happy people = more player and more players = more money for them. After the first 2 excal nerfs, they were flooded with backlash to the point where they took a step back and un nerfed him, it's not a stretch to think that they would cover it up to keep people happy as long as possible, and then stating that it was a mistake just to make themselves seem more innocent.