Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma And Quick Thinking

Cryozar

Question

Looking around a bit and seeing builds, I'm surprised seeing the lack of quick thinking on his builds. I think I only saw 1 build using quick thinking? Anyways, how IS quick thinking on Chroma? Why would/wouldn't you use it? I have very little experience with using quick thinking so I figured it'd be best to ask.

8 answers to this question

People don't use quick thinking because he is the tankiest frame if you make the most use of what he can do. Even without power strength, you can bring his damage reduction around 98% due to the sheer amount of armor he can get with a max steel fiber and a fully effective vex armor and cold elemental ward.

Looking around a bit and seeing builds, I'm surprised seeing the lack of quick thinking on his builds. I think I only saw 1 build using quick thinking? Anyways, how IS quick thinking on Chroma? Why would/wouldn't you use it? I have very little experience with using quick thinking so I figured it'd be best to ask.

Quick Thinking is a crutch mod. Thats why probably most people using him dont use it, from my understanding.

If you're using fire power, Elemental Ward gives you health bonus. You can use that as a healing, if you have low duration. 

I'm not a fan of quick thinking, but if you warframe has high health, high armor and a "healing" ability, quick thinking isn't the best way to go.

I like to use quick thinking on warframes that have loads of energy and a high efficiency build, like loki.

I wouldn't use it on chroma because he already has 2 Toggle abilities (even though i only use one) and he's tanky as hell, so i don't see Quick thinking fitting anyway here. I know it could fit because of Vex armor, but vex armor has limited stat gain, from what i've noticed, i managed to get 507% max extra armor and ~400% extra damage and nothing more beyond that. I could see Rage working on Chroma though.

Edited by Mrevasivepants

Thanks everyone for the insight. Was really wondering about the necessity of it for chroma

the only necessity i can think of would be power strength, and range doesn't seem to matter for the two abilities that use it (unless you want to be a team buffer in which case it is important for ele ward). duration is important for the two that use it. quick thinking can work with chroma pretty well mostly because he has caster energy amount (aka, 150 at base) and you can make the most out of flow with it in concert. i like using QT because energy orbs drop from everything and therefore you can have no hp left and still run off of energy. the only problem with this is it demands high efficiency for your skills which drops duration quite a lot.