Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Enhancements Shouldnt Have A 24 Hour Gate

cyrus106

You can only get an arcane once a day

Lets pretend RNGesus loves you and gives you 10 of the same of arcane for your first 10 runs, 10 of the next arcane for the next 10 runs. Till you had 10 of each. Basically, we're examining the minimum time to get these. There are 15 known arcane enhancements. 15x10 =ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DAYS of farming, and thats if you are IMPOSSIBLY LUCKY. Dont forget that each arcane costs 500k credits to apply. Thats 5 million per 10. 5 millionx15= 75 million credits.

(minor edit: credit cost got reduced to 200k)

ALSO, bear in mind that the arguement"you dont have to max them" is moot here, a vast majority of them are absolute trash unless maxed. If you are gonna make us farm them one drop per day, please dont make use require 10 of them, thats insane. Personally, I'm going to complete raids once, wait for you guys to farm them till you burn out, they buy them when there is an overwhelming supply for a cheap amount of plat. Thoughts on the 23 hour limit?

Also refrain from posting "you arent supposed to get it in one day" because I'm not asking for that, I just feel like the numbers are far too against us for such a difficult mission

DE, please remove the 23 hour limit, that's all I ask.

Edited by cyrus106

I must agree, like most of the big updates new features, this is yet another thing I have no interest, DE is creating a new path for warframe that is totally far from the core gameplay, and now keeps on delivering more gimmik content.

More and more I'm ignoring any new content they make, and I recently joined those who only return to warframe when there is a update with stuff worth playing.

Even if it only took 1 or 2 weeks to obtain all these arcanes, I wouldn't want them, just as I lost interest for everything archwing, kubrows, syndicates, etc.

Edited by 7grims

Well in a not so good way I'm pleased. I was really irritated by how hard the meta would be pushed in raids and was aggravated at the thought I would have to cave in just to get access to some awesome goodies.

But now I clearly don't have to worry after looking at the wiki for the rewards, as it's just not worth it on any level.

Yeah it's pretty insane...

Might be their definition of endgame.

De probably doesn't define this as endgame, dont even know if they still worry about creating such a thing, even so since they defined endgame as not being something final, but something with continuation.

And I also do get why they made this this hard, just like all the new syndicate ideas and other content types, they built around making something that is long lasting, so we can have months and moths of content, yet they fail at make that content worthwhile and rewarding for the player, there is simply no motivation or desire to acquire them.

If u plan to trade there only some arcane the worth using it "worth" i mean it better than other arcane not mean it viable at all most of them are just minor & suck really bad make arcane helm effect to apply on syandana or the other helm would be much better choice then those horrible grind&time wall

if u got something like

Arcane Avenger: ON DAMAGE: 3.5% chance for a +0.1 % CRITICAL CHANCE for 2 secon

Arcane Barrier: ON DAMAGED: 1% chance to instantly restore all shields

Arcane Healing: +10% chance to resist a Radiation damage effect

Arcane Ice: +10% chance to resist a Heat damage effect  

Acane Nullifier: +10% Chance To Stop Magnetic Proc

Who the hell gonna trade for this S#&$ty

also inb4 stupid argument you don't have to......

Edited by VioletX

De probably doesn't define this as endgame, dont even know if they still worry about creating such a thing, even so since they defined endgame as not being something final, but something with continuation.

And I also do get why they made this this hard, just like all the new syndicate ideas and other content types, they built around making something that is long lasting, so we can have months and moths of content, yet they fail at make that content worthwhile and rewarding for the player, there is simply no motivation or desire to acquire them.

Simply true.

If u plan to trade there only some arcane the worth using it so if u got something like

Arcane Avenger: ON DAMAGE: 3.5% chance for a +0.1 % CRITICAL CHANCE for 2 secon

Arcane Barrier: ON DAMAGED: 1% chance to instantly restore all shields

Arcane Healing: +10% chance to resist a Radiation damage effect

Arcane Ice: +10% chance to resist a Heat damage effect  

Acane Nullifier: +10% Chance To Stop Magnetic Proc

Who the hell gonna trade for this S#&$ty

Im mainly going after trickster, guardian, and the speed boost (phantasm?)

Massive difference between "Gimmics" and "New Roads", this is Warframe trying to extend its horizen for "end-game" content as well as something new bisides the same old same old. The same can be said about Archwing at this moment, it needs alot of fixing and is by no means complete but without it Warframe would have looked the same to the rest of the world out their and just be the same old same old fixing bugs and adding stuff to a cooki-cutter play style.

Do Raids need fixing? Yes. Dose Archwing need fixing? Yes. But again without these things the future of Warframe seems very stagnant and fixes or not id rather see change and new paths taken by the developers then how other games stick too what works and not trying too add.

One of the main problems is the high cost of crafting, for people who play daily 6-10 hours no biggie, but people like me who can play a total of maybe 8-10 hours a week it is really hard to get everything done to be able to farm credits to pay the exorbitant amount that the crafting process costs.

While I'm glad Arcanes exist, the cost to fuse them (instead of creating a slot) into a helmet/syandana seems excessive. Plus, their effects seem way too rare to activate without farming them, which is gonna cost a lot of credits.

Edited by wtrmlnjuc

While I'm glad Arcanes exist, the cost to fuse them (instead of creating a slot) into a helmet/syandana seems excessive. Plus, their effects seem way too rare to activate without farming them, which is gonna cost a lot of credits.

So, are these effects per-item or some such?  Considering all the grinding the OP outlined, if it's to put effects on a specific item (like a helmet), then it would effectively be locked to a single Warframe, right?  So, if you play multiple frames, you're kinda hosed for some of the effects unless you really like those impossibly tacky, hideous plastic scarf-things?  And even then, you'd only get one effect?

The whole "arcane" system is just another idea ripped from the Focus.

By the time it finally releases (if it ever will) it's gonna be a husk of what it could've been.

Which sucks, because that's probably what I'm most looking forward to in Warframe.