The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Odonata Prime...seriously.

(PSN)xX-GunHound-Xx

I will try to keep an open mind to this topic, but as of now, I'm frankly quite...well, honestly, I don't know how I feel. I get that when it comes to primes, it's a popularity contest as opposed to what arrived first, look at Nova Prime.

But Archwing isn't necessarily the coolest kid in school, yet it receives a primed version, ahead of all the other more popular weapons that not only came out sooner, but the community likes more. The Dragon Ninkana being one of them. If the Odonata, something that came out, literally the last mile-point update, can be made into a prime, they could've made Ninkana Prime, something that came out 3 updates ago, a reality.

"Well if you don't like it, don't use it" although many people might use that as a "valid" argument, that is clearly not the point, and I'd much appreciate it, if it's not used.

It's been said that they are for the community, but then something like this happens.

Oh, here's another popular reply " It's DE's game, they can do what ever they want". That clearly wasn't the issue with Nova Prime. Realistically, Trinity was supposed to be next, but they listened to the community, and Nova Prime happened.

Well I guess since it is "DE's" game, they can change on a whim out they produce primes, or what can be primed, Latron being exhibit A. I'm not even sure how a wraith variant works for the lore but, that's just me.

All I'm saying, is that I still can't figure DE and what they're game is for, well, they're game. There are still balance issues, bugs crawling out the crevices, and melee is still a thing, can't really "sword alone" even if you wanted to.

Edit: People are assuming that I was only alluding to The Dragon Ninkana. I just want to clarify that there are WAY more weapons I wish to include in my rant, but am unable to do so only by the sole fact that I will be judged as being biased for wanting said weapon getting primed. So I will only ask the community what weapon would appease them more.

Edited by (PS4)xX-GunHound-Xx

Something tells me this is pretty much just butt hurt that the Dragon nikana didn't get primed. 

I'd say it's the other way around, it's because Odonata got primed. I'd personally wanna see somethinge else getting primed, if it so only were the Furis. But I'll keep on my hopes on that those will be primed together with Saryn (at least the Afuris prime....).

Realistically, Trinity was supposed to be next, but they listened to the community, and Nova Prime happened.

Lol, quite the opposite happened, actually.

Also, did you really expect a Dragon Nikana Prime? Bruh .-.

I'd say it's the other way around, it's because Odonata got primed. I'd personally wanna see somethinge else getting primed, if it so only were the Furis. But I'll keep on my hopes on that those will be primed together with Saryn (at least the Afuris prime....).

No, screw the Afuris Prime.

Akstiletto Prime. 

Well we didn't have any primed gear for archwing yet and we have a tonne of prime warframes and weapons, seems quite reasonable that archwing would get the gold treatment. 

Edited by BrotherIcarus

Dragon Nikana shouldn't get primed. It's a high tier, high mastery melee weapon already.

But then again, Odanata shouldn't have been primed either. Archwing's not ready for it yet.

Both sentences are very true. Als, not only is D. Nikana a high tier high mastery item as it is already an improved version of another weapon, the, erm, nikana.

When odonata prime was datamined that was my exact thought. "Archwing is not ready yet.". There is so much space for improvement and content specially that it feels like complete lack of ideas to make an odonata prime.

I honestly feel like Archwings are being "forced" on us as it is. While I find the 3D combat enjoyable there aren't nearly enough missions to level and no one is ever doing them so it feels more grindy than ever.  I figure DE is trying to garner interest in playing the thing.

Well we didn't have any primed gear for archwing yet and we have a tonne of prime warframes and weapons, seems quite reasonable that archwing would get the gold treatment. 

I'd disagree considering Archwing is by far not played enough, and with it's current state? I don't know what to think of these coming 90 days of waiting for next prime. Adding more stuff to XP grind up in archwing isn't gonna make it more interesting. add more mission types, I mean for gods sake just take some standard types of ideas like something from Payday 2 where you hit and run on Money bank transports and stuff like that, having a mission where you blow into a grineer cruiser to get something would be nice. Or a mission where you transport a player who's flying this big ship clunky and slow ship that the corpus is trying to blow up because it's stuff Darvo wants to sell.

Just something interesting like that... THEN maybe come with the collection bin....

The G3 golem isn't out yet so don't mention that and that's also a boss fight, not a standard mission you're doing.