The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Bigger Liset -- A Win-Win For De And Us

Hammithimmis

I'm sure you guys have thought about this, but I'm compelled to bring it up again after fantasizing for a bit:

Much of this game revolves around collecting items and customizing your appearance.  Most Tenno I've seen have some sort of skin on, whether its on their weapons, frame, companion, etc.  I don't have hard data, but I'm guessing a significant amount of revenue comes from cosmetics.

So why stop there?

Imagine a bigger Liset, say 2-3 spacious rooms instead of the two cramped mini rooms we have at the moment.  Now imagine what we can do in there:

Furnishings:

DIsplay cases -- Open cabinets to organize all your event badges, sigils, trophies, etc. 

Weapon Racks --  Place all your favorite weapons, event weapons, in all of their glorious colors) on display (I was thinking about frames too, but that might be lore-breaking) 

Navigation tables -- This could be something high-tech like a projection hologram map table or maybe more traditional hand-carved one

Chairs/Seated Furniture -- Orokin style chairs/pads that you can interact with like the kneeling pads in the Dojo 

And pretty much whatever else DE can come up with that players would like.

More individualization:

With variants of furnishings/cosmetics and placement on the Liset we can create an infinite number of styles and possibilities.  You could design for a luxurious feel a la Orokin (gold gold everywhere!) or something more minimalistic and sleek (more hologram projector stuff, etc).  Maybe even militaristic, with stacks of weapon racks showing how much of a killer you really are and nothing else.  The list goes on.  The fact that we have so much stuff to display and play around with is just a great bonus.  And also, EVERYTHING is color customizable.  

Inviting friends over:

The only way we can see a friend's customization of their Tenno is either through meeting up somewhere (such as dojo, relay, mission) or looking at their profile.  Since (I'm guessing) that Tenno spend most of their time on the Liset when not in a mission, a larger space to accommodate several Tenno where they usually are would be perfect.  Imagine meeting up with friends pre-Void run on your Liset and nitpicking each other's appearances before going off to kill some Corrupted.         

Great for DE as well:

This would be a great way for people to spend (and buy) more plat, and DE can release more cosmetic stuff at their own pace.  It wouldn't affect gameplay, and would give players much more immersion since they can design their own quarters and share it with friends.

Thanks for reading, any comments are welcome!

im not sure why i would bring another tenno to my kubrow fur covered liset. unless im a weirdo or smth.

but i would like it if the sentinel "perch" and the kubrow incubator area should be side by side, and the arsenal + archwing arsenal in another area. and you can fly around in ur archwing like a crasy person in ur liset

Edited by JameSPYder

I do like the idea of having a larger liset. I myself have thought about it at least once or twice before. I think it would be cool to have a bigger liset and to have other decorations in the liset. I, for one, am all for decking things out. Also the weapon rack idea I think would be dope. And I have also thought about the possibility of inviting other tennos to your liset to just hang around a bit and check out your 'crib' sort of speak. So yeah, I like your idea man. I think there should also be a control chair of some sort where the tenno can sit in. For some reason I really want my Tenno to be able to sit down every once in a while. Also I'd like it if they made it so that the Sentinel could just float around the liset casually, so it doesn't just stay in one place at the back of the ship. Also I'd like to have Ordis pop up in my ship like how Cephalon Suda and Simaris pops upm instead of just being a side screen thingy everytime I hear him talk (although it's kind of annoying to hear him talk so much). But yes, my point is, I like your idea of a bigger liset.

Essentially, but Tenno-themed. We already have this for the dojo, but most people don't care too much about the dojo because they don't stay there much. We are on the Liset much more.

wait... so im the only one who spends 1/2hr staring out of the obervatory while contemplation about the universe we live in?

DIsplay cases -- Open cabinets to organize all your event badges, sigils, trophies, etc. 

Weapon Racks --  Place all your favorite weapons, event weapons, in all of their glorious colors) on display (I was thinking about frames too, but that might be lore-breaking) 

Hell Yes please. I wanna see the cool weapons I've scored, or the legacy weapons I won't use hung on the wall. I want to see the Sigils I have at my disposal. I want a trophy wall. This would make my Liset so much more enjoyable.

I'm pretty sure DE is hinting that it's already in development. One of Ordis' quotes highlights this. Goes along the lines of

"Operator I thought the Orbiter (The thing the Lisets docks to I presume) would be much bigger than this..."

Hint hint?

+1

The liset feels claustrophobic in its current state, and if you haven't noticed the drop off animation from the liset in game, the compartment that you your being ejected out of is basically the same height as your tenno which makes no sense at all.

I would gladly throw plat into decorating and customizing my head quarters the way I want it to be instead of being limited to noggles and energy colors. I spend most of my time loitering in the liset anyways just gawking at how hot my frame looks, but being able to stare at all my trophies and arsenal would be that much cooler!

I dont want a bigger liset.

Id rather had interior reworked to "fit" inside current Liset size.  Without all that "Void magic". 

Coz Liset is a stealth jet.  Its supposed to be small and uncomfy to make you want go outside and do some missions. I bet Lotus hate those tenno who just sit there staring on their weapons...doing nothing...

Also, If you really want some large space that you want to decorate...Why not build a dojo? Why not ask for better dojo rooms and decorations? Dojo sephalon and armory?

I dont want a bigger liset.

Id rather had interior reworked to "fit" inside current Liset size.  Without all that "Void magic". 

Coz Liset is a stealth jet.  Its supposed to be small and uncomfy to make you want go outside and do some missions. I bet Lotus hate those tenno who just sit there staring on their weapons...doing nothing...

Also, If you really want some large space that you want to decorate...Why not build a dojo? Why not ask for better dojo rooms and decorations? Dojo sephalon and armory?

When you get to a point in the game when you already have everything possible, all the warframes, all the weapons, all the mods, everything ranked and maxed and forma'd multiple times (MR18 and above) you just want to kick back and hang out and feel a sense of pride at your achievements and accomplishments and be reminded of the long hard road it took for you to get there. So yeah I like to loiter in my liset and shoot the sh!ts with other tennos that are amongst my ranks.

I want a bed now in my liset... I remember when I was a kid I use to make my unused shoe boxes into like a mini house with a bed, and tv. I would put toilet paper over the soap bar box and create a soft pillow. I would then get my favorite action figure (at the time I remember it being super saiyan goku) and would let him sleep in it when I went to sleep.. Good times..