Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Judge Mr?

DiosGX

If I'm honest, yes. If I'm detailed AND honest, if I see a mr 0 guy I know I'm going to have to watch him as he's probably getting the ropes, same thing with Mr 1-3, after that I feel they should be able to handle themselves. So. Yes to a degree.

Just let people do what they want, if you figure out they are not at the same skill as you, you can tough it out, or extract, or just plain abort the mission. If you think that's a waste of your time and you want the rewards than finish the mission type as fast as possible. or if you want to limit the skill of bad groups, play with your friends clan or people who are good. Mastery Rank, Conclave, Elo, etc. whatever is used to measure it doesn't really truly show until it is tested through experience and then a call is made. These threads pop up way too much. You really want to have Elite party members join a clan that specializes in that, after that become a max modder yourself, on top of that grind until your eyes bleed. Your skill will still never be as good as some people. Your skill will never be judged more so than yourself. But By God, if you get in a party with me, I hope that you have maxed mods and forma stuff, or I'll be aborting before we even start the mission because my time and investment into this game is Farm Quick, Farm Efficient, and Kill all the things fast. That's how I judge people over using Mastery Rank etc.

Edited by ChloeSakuna

Hard to say. I want to say yes because Higher MR=More Time Played=Stronger mods+Increase Skill. But because of "Rep Farms" people used to get easy mastery and power level this is not the case. As it turns out a MR 16 might not even have a maxed out corrupted mod. 

In-game some people are just better than others. I did a T1 survival and at the time only 2 people wanted to join, A MR 6 Rhino and MR 4 Oberon Player. The Rhino player complained when we moved to get Life Support when the MR 4 Oberon Player stayed with me near the life support. Then the rhino player wanted to leave early because we would not camp in one place and we kept "running around". We did 30-40 min and the Rhino player died 2 times and the Oberon never went down he also got more that double that Rhino players kills.

At the end of the day MR really does not matter because I am MR 19 and I bring gear strong enough to solo anything all the time. I do wish we had a different identifier of "Skill" that way I could play with people as good as me.

Yes and no. I do not judge people solely on Mastery Rank, rather I judge them based on the accumulative information of their play style, the weapons and warframes they use, how they use them, their mastery rank, and make an estimated guess as to what kind of player they are.

So, it's more like I judge based upon the sum of another player's characteristics, rather than a single number.

Edited by Krion112

I only judge people by currently equipped gear, not Mastery Rank.  If someone is using unmaxed gear, I -- as the supportive team player that I am -- have to make the mental note to not rely on them to watch my back, and be ready to revive them if/when they go down.

Mastery Rank, however, is pretty meaningless in this game when you can get some of the most powerful gear without ever having to level above MR 1.

I don't care much for MR when it comes to teammates. On the occasions when I choose to host for public players, I'm very lax on who joins me. True, MR can represent skill based on "time spent", but I find it to be very inaccurate and unreliable with all those rep farms out there.

My own MR though, that's an entirely different story. I need my shiny symbol.

You have 91 hours more than me. Did you sell your mods or how is it possible that you dont have max hornet strike/serration?

I don´t like farming that much, maxing out mods takes so many fusion cores (haven´t actually checked how many I got for a while)

Having the game open and playing the game are a bit different.

:P (use profile time to show play time instead)

I know, not at home right now so hard to show play time (I guess it was about 1500 hours)

I don´t like farming that much, maxing out mods takes so many fusion cores (haven´t actually checked how many I got for a while)

I know, not at home right now so hard to show play time (I guess it was about 1500 hours)

You dont like farming but you play warframe. You have about 1500 hour in dungeon play time. I never farmed for cores and I only farmed for equipment and I have almost all Rank 10 mods maxed along with a few Primed mods maxed.

We should judge people on how strong their overall gear/mods.

My mod Collection rating is 77million.

I take a look at everyones conclave, MR, and gear to kind of get a ballpark idea depending on the mission if I have time before launch. After that I'm just watching health bars and trying to keep tabs on my team mates on the map incase things go south and they need a pick up.

I kinda of wish their was a better way to tell ranks in the grand scheme of things though.