Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latrons

Qynchou

The thread I've been waiting for - Latrons are actually the most viable guns in PvP at the moment. If they had some sort of fire rate nerf, then their insane damage could be seen as fair. No need to use Assault Rifles when the Latron shoots half as fast and can guarantee you kills in two to five shots.

Edited by Kashiki

is it that bad in this balanced pvp ? i never played it because im not intrested, so is latron like the anti rhino rifle now ?

It's an anti-Tenno rifle, to be more precise. It's anti-everything.

Not that it's bad considering the balance, but it's become an issue where people don't seem to use anything else.

working as intended  9 times out of 10 a braton will kill you before latron at proper ranges.

Is that counting that you only get headshots? Because a Latron can take you down from mid-long and lesser range without even having to score headshots.

Edited by Kashiki

It's an anti-Tenno rifle, to be more precise. It's anti-everything.

Not that it's bad considering the balance, but it's become an issue where people don't seem to use anything else.

so basicly you are saying it is synoid 1.0 ... in pvp XDD have fun

Latrons are meant to be long to mid-range weapons, thus they have a power to match that role. Do note, that every map currently is short and mid-range, thus it excels in them or at distances greater than 10 to 15 meters. 

I've been using the Latron Wraith when on Cephalon Defense and Light Offense. It's really effective against an incoming Cephalon grab, since most of the time the target is coming in on a straight path and has minimal recoil so shots are easy to land. However, if an enemy can close the distance into short or melee range faster than I can line up a shot it renders the gun completely worthless. So it's not like it's completely effective against all targets, but due to the nature of the game currently it definitely shines in comparison to the other weapons.

Edited by Dojutrek

working as intended  9 times out of 10 a braton will kill you before latron at proper ranges.

This, Latron doesn't need a nerf, it is an effective long range rifle but at short range it looses out against full autos (assuming both players are equal in skill, which is impossible).

This, Latron doesn't need a nerf, it is an effective long range rifle but at short range it looses out against full autos (assuming both players are equal in skill, which is impossible).

Yeah, I try to use Latron up close but die everytime. Better used from a distance. Resorting to secondary or melee when up close.

This alone makes it fairly balanced.

(Also, Elele has a GREAT point. If you strafe, jump, or move in anyway... watch the bullets scatter and miss... unless pro-aimer is pro)

The real problem is that they upped the headshot multiplier to 2x on guns so you can spam for lucky headshots, which isn't hard with latron's rof+accuracy. 

Unless you're talking latron wraith.  And if you can land even one headshot at close range you will destroy any auto user.

Edited by Aggh

Theoretically Latrons are just as useful in close range as they are in long range, if we assume maximum skill ceiling is reached. With aimbot accuracy they are almost as good as automatics. Compare that to other specialized weapons like shotguns, which have built-in mechanics that make them worthless beyond their optimal range. Latrons are most versatile guns at the moment. They completely dominate in long range, are good for mid-range and still work in the close range.

Edited by oinkah

Aim is a matter of skill, which mustn't be looked at as a limit, because anyone can spend  time to become better.

Latrons ATM deal too much damage per single hit and can shoot too much fast. Becoming a dumb high damage shots spamming.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

my argument does not discharge latron, my argument is that there are as effective options out there, as seen by the choice that players make

i dont have a latron, i still think it's fine

it's just that rolling around and slide shooting favors the guy with a full auto rifle

but lets say latron does get nerfed, and people will then run around with braton variants - you gonna ask for a braton nerf next? cause it's as effective as latron, if not more

oh wait, you already did, in some other thread, neeever mind

what's next after latron and braton? gorgon and grakata? :) those magazine sizes man, too strong

The real problem is that they upped the headshot multiplier to 2x on guns so you can spam for lucky headshots, which isn't hard with latron's rof+accuracy. 

Unless you're talking latron wraith.  And if you can land even one headshot at close range you will destroy any auto user.

Those are assuming your opponent will hit head shots at close range. Not to mention missing is much more punishing for a semi automatic rifle in close range compared to a fully automatic rifle since you shoot slower and have a lower magazine size.

Those are assuming your opponent will hit head shots at close range. Not to mention missing is much more punishing for a semi automatic rifle in close range compared to a fully automatic rifle since you shoot slower and have a lower magazine size.

Headshots are easier to land at close range.  Spam at around headlevel and you're bound to get at least one headshot.  Lower magazine size is meaningless now that they've added magazine warp in.  All the latrons are extremely spammable and have almost twice the damage as autos so they can afford to miss some shots.

Edited by Aggh