Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Having 2 Accounts ( And Trading Between Them)

curtisngl

Question

So I just got a plat discount on my second account. Is it against the rules to buy the plat and trade it to my main account? I don't want to do anything against the rules to get banned, but I really want the plat discount because my main never gets any.

Edited by curtisngl

16 answers to this question

this

tl;dr: you may have two accounts, those two accounts may never interact with eachother.

PS: caveat: linked post was from a forum moderator, not an official DE staff member...

It's a terms of use violation. Having two accounts interact with one another (i.e. transferring platinum from one account to another which was purchased with a discount) is a form of circumvention of restrictions/limitations of the game and service.

Basically, using multiple accounts to "farm" platinum discounts is a pretty serious Terms of Use violation and can have your alternate account removed or suspended and any platinum purchased with the discount may be removed.

Read:

The creation of alternate accounts will be handled on a case by case basis, and we reserve the right to remove accounts used to circumvent any form of restrictions to the game or the Service including the official Warframe forums.

I dont see why DE should ban people for this, as in the end they are getting money. Imo, it is not right or wrong, it is somewhere in between.

Theoretically each time an event is released, one could easily run it on multiple accounts, get multiple copies of the mod set, and as I'm sure you've seen on trading chat, sell those mod sets for a pretty penny. This allows them to earn free mountains of plat they can trade to their main account who also keeps the original mod set.

Personaly I think it's not wrong because you have a lot of work with multiple accounts. The time factor what you spend to levelling up your accounts and money factor which is not able to you to increase your account moneys. You have normally 1 card if you have 2 or some this mean the same it's your money and your time so totally useless punish peoples for it because they punish theirself with multiple accounts.

This is not a web browser game where you collect materials and trade to your main account them. You haven't any advantage for keeping more just you spend more time with it.

Simple as that.

Edited by Sziklamester

It's a terms of use violation. Having two accounts interact with one another (i.e. transferring platinum from one account to another which was purchased with a discount) is a form of circumvention of restrictions/limitations of the game and service.

Basically, using multiple accounts to "farm" platinum discounts is a pretty serious Terms of Use violation and can have your alternate account removed or suspended and any platinum purchased with the discount may be removed.

Thanks for clarification. I guess I'll wait for my main account to get one, which is never.

Okay, so I've seen most posts are about platinum. I'm wondering if it can be applied to login blueprints as well, that is, if I get a second account and just switch the blueprints between them. Mostly curious, have far too much to think of as it is X) Technically it is almost the same as if I would do the same with my brother (he also has an account) and that would be... just fine? And in that case, would it be wrong if one of us bought discounted plat and then traded?

Point is, I find it a bit hard to see where the limit goes, and also where the difference is between me and my brother helping each other and, um, me and me helping each other.

I am gangsta somewhere else until I undertstand this better.

Actually, I've had some clarification on this in support tickets before creating my second account. 

Multiple accounts are allowed to interact with one another - they are allowed to trade stuff. What they can't do is exactly as L13 said, which is to circumvent any restrictions of the game or service.

This means no trading event mods. No trading plat purchased at a discount (or I presume PA). No competing in events to win plat prizes, and even no competing in clan event leaderboards. Trading arcane enhancements would be a bit of a grey area, I think, but probably not a good idea.

All of the above restrictions would apply to trades to other players as well - although as long as you're not exchanging *any* plat between accounts from that point on you should be okay.

So say you come across a prime part or mod you really need while playing the alt account - I seriously doubt DE would have an issue with you trading it to your primary account. Same if you wanted to boost the alt account a bit by giving it a hand up in mods from the main account. There's no circumvention of any game restriction going on there.

Multi-boxing would be circumvention of the time:rewards ratio, btw.

Edited by Darzk