Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Tremor, The Earth / Terraformer Warframe - (10/14) Final Update & Retirement

Archwizard

Cool concept. I really like the 1 and 3 ideas a lot. 2 and 4 are cool as well but I think 2 should be channeled not toggled. Otherwise people can just run around the entire map and cover everything with quicksand. Or do it energy consumption be based on distance covered. 4 seems out of place based on his theme and other abilities. A land mine fits better with Vauban than an earth frame even if it makes rock spikes.

Been working away.

What do you think?

I feel like smoothing the chestplate has made him more Volt-like than intended. Not sure how to feel about the craters and wide pores since I wouldn't want to make Tremor seem expressly "volcanic", while the sun-shaped indentation on his collarbone definitely seems out of place.

The area around the spine could use more sharpness on the armor plates, and deeper ridges.

I do like how the fauld and shoulders have turned out, however. Very interested to see the direction of the lower arms.

Edited by Archwizard

I feel like smoothing the chestplate has made him more Volt-like than intended. Not sure how to feel about the craters since I wouldn't want to make Tremor seem expressly "volcanic", but the sun-shaped indentation on his collarbone definitely seems out of place.

The area around the spine could use more sharpness on the armor plates, and deeper ridges.

I do like how the fauld and shoulders have turned out, however. Very interested to see the direction of the lower arms.

You can get craters from sinkholes or guysers erupting. Even putting crystal or mineral around the edges. There is the opposite, impact craters instead.

Not just volcanoes. As I said, I'm just imagining lol

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

Yes the chest and collararea is a work in progress. The current look was a natural test. It is as easy to replace.

I do think sone standout feature would be great.

The spine in far from done, as you can see. Will be much sharper.

What if the spine was sometype of Rare element/resource for each vertebrae? Maybe a different cryalline look and color for each?

But blending into the Alloy known as Tremor.

That is actually a good idea. The blending of materials is something we have discussed, but the question is if the shapes vary and not just the color in this case.

That is actually a good idea. The blending of materials is something we have discussed, but the question is if the shapes vary and not just the color in this case.

Think Ingots that have been refined then melted. I can see Argon purple crystals as the spine. Against a dark or very light frame. Hmmm

The whole frame could have pieces(different resorces for different spots) embedded in it. You dont need to represent all the resources. Just use the colors and ones you want. Tremor does control "earth", he should be able to blend any "earth based" resource into his theme.

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

What if the spine was sometype of Rare element/resource for each vertebrae? Maybe a different cryalline look and color for each?

But blending into the Alloy known as Tremor.

I think that would make the spine seem too cluttered if each vertebra was different.

The idea I was thinking for the spine was that the back would look like dried dirt or asphalt being pushed up and split open by a tree root (the spine) growing out from under it. The area around the spine would have to slope upward and be jagged, uneven, like a crack, with just enough space between them to reveal the spine below. The vertebrae themselves would need to be more visibly connected.

I'm okay with Tremor having crystalline textures on parts of his body (arch111 and I have discussed manners in which to implement it, but I don't want to spoil it yet!), but I feel like making his spine out of crystal would take away from the more natural aesthetic I was pushing for.

Plus, Argon crystal has a rapid half-life, both making it difficult to graft onto him for any meaningful period of time and implying fragility.

Edited by Archwizard

Cool concept. I really like the 1 and 3 ideas a lot. 2 and 4 are cool as well but I think 2 should be channeled not toggled. Otherwise people can just run around the entire map and cover everything with quicksand. Or do it energy consumption be based on distance covered.

I'm confused. Are you saying Burrow should cost energy every second its active, and perhaps cost more energy the further your move, therefore making it worse as a mobility skill? Or are you swapping numbers with and misinterpreting the description of Quicksand, which would already cost energy every second?

At any rate, if you have the energy capacity and power efficiency to cover every square inch of an Orokin Defense map in inactive Quicksand that will eventually CC enemies for a shorter period than you took setting it up, that's your prerogative. It's designed to be possible, just inefficient; Burrow's own cost make it faster but no cheaper.

Edited by Archwizard

I think that would make the spine seem too cluttered if each vertebra was different.

The idea I was thinking for the spine was that the back would look like dried dirt or asphalt being pushed up and split open by a tree root (the spine) growing out from under it. The area around the spine would have to slope upward and be jagged, uneven, like a crack, with just enough space between them to reveal the spine below. The vertebrae themselves would need to be more visibly connected.

I'm okay with Tremor having crystalline textures on parts of his body (arch111 and I have discussed manners in which to implement it, but I don't want to spoil it yet!), but I feel like making his spine out of crystal would take away from the more natural aesthetic I was pushing for.

Plus, Argon crystal has a rapid half-life, both making it difficult to graft onto him for any meaningful period of time and implying fragility.

I was thinking it would be a sign of strength. He alone can keep Argon from decaying. You guys are the artists though :)

I'm confused. Are you saying Burrow should cost energy every second its active, and perhaps cost more energy the further your move, therefore making it worse as a mobility skill? Or are you swapping numbers with and misinterpreting the description of Quicksand, which would already cost energy every second?

At any rate, if you have the energy capacity and power efficiency to cover every square inch of an Orokin Defense map in inactive Quicksand that will eventually CC enemies for a shorter period than you took setting it up, that's your prerogative. It's designed to be possible, just inefficient; Burrow's own cost make it faster but no cheaper.

I misnumbered and misinterpreted. I didn't see the part that said quicksand cost any energy after the toggle. Thanks for the clarification. I was attempting to say that I really liked the ideas of 1 and 2. I think it would be pretty cool to burrow around in everything and go invisible that way.

The faulds are awesome, hopeful that they have physics applied but obviosuly you cant render that. Or are you goin with attached leg armor?

Physics? Just make it rigged that way like hydroid I suppose. I mean I CAN try that if I ever get a finished model and prep it for animation.

As for armour, the initial drawing have got that on arms and thighs. So probably.

I sometimes get wild ideas though ^w^.

That is some great 3D art, Arch! What would the weapon on Tremor's back be..?

Thanks! I love this pose.

The sword is my version of a Skana, but I thought more of a more curved scimitar when I made it.

Edit: I Made it myself to be clear. Tremor will have a heavy weapon I believe. Not really very experienced when it comes to weapons.

Edited by arch111

Tremor will have a heavy weapon I believe. 

I'd really prefer he didn't, actually. Rhino and Oberon already have signature weapons that require two hands to lift, and they're the two who are presently closest to an "earth" theme. Tremor was designed to subvert the stereotype while still fitting the elemental theme.

Unless we're saying a Pile Bunker is a heavy fist weapon, of course.

Or we give him some kind of... jackhammer... gun. (Nailgun? Sounds like a clone of Boltor to me.)

Edited by Archwizard

The pilebunker is a bit like predators signiture wristblase but with a drill instead, have I got it?

How about a pull-effect? We know that the Mios will use this mechanic, so the code is being set up.

The weapon would eject a hook into an enemy, pilling them into the drill to finish them off.

A bit like Valkyrs ripline, I agree but so will the Mios be.

The pilebunker is a bit like predators signiture wristblase but with a drill instead, have I got it?

How about a pull-effect? We know that the Mios will use this mechanic, so the code is being set up.

The weapon would eject a hook into an enemy, pilling them into the drill to finish them off.

A bit like Valkyrs ripline, I agree but so will the Mios be.

Odd but I just imagined Batmans grappling gun with a drill lol

Sorry.

Odd but I just imagined Batmans grappling gun with a drill lol

Sorry.

When I think of Batmans weapons I think back to the Dark Knight series when he actually threw bat-shurikens.

As for a drill-weapon I imagine them working like chainsaws a bit, and I have no clue how the new chainsaw-gauntlets work. Any of you know?

Short version, yes. The idea is that you use the sheer force of it to drive an armor-piercing spike into your opponent. It would still be a high Impact weapon (as it relies on and amplifies the effects of punching someone in the gut), it just has higher Puncture damage; there's a reason why "Punch" and "Puncture" have the same word origin.

A weapon such as that would perfectly balance the powerful blows expected of an Earth elemental with the subversive and pragmatic nature of his skills, while still maintaining his unique identity.

I don't really feel like a grappling gun would be entirely necessary, since Tremor already has enough skills to get close and prevent foes from fighting back. Maybe if he picks up a Paracyst or a Valkyr picks up the pile bunker, that could happen. In my mind, I have more of an image of Tremor using the momentum of Burrow to increase his punch, jumping out to hit a target before jumping back in.

This is an example of how the energy might flow.

Not sure about the way the energy pools up in those craters, since Channeling tends to be more flat. If it's not for channeling, it would be somewhat distracting if not overall too much compared to the... other... method of implementing energy you and I discussed previously. (Honestly beginning to feel like dangling the secrecy in front of everyone is getting a little obnoxious, but I really don't want to spoil the sections you haven't gotten to yet.)

Also, the helmet energy seems a little incomplete compared to the other image...

Ok point taken. Who is working on this at the moment?

Another thing, how do you feel Phobos suits Tremor as a drop-location?

Presently? No clue, doubt anyone's working on it.

As for drop locations... I've been pondering that myself. I'm contemplating a quest (which would allow the Earth frame to at least partially come from Earth without imposing on Hydroid), but I'm not sure how much lore for him there really is to fit into one.