Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Tremor, The Earth / Terraformer Warframe - (10/14) Final Update & Retirement

Archwizard

So, what I still need to work on for Tremor:

- Sketches for powers: Need to set aside some time between classes to work on that; last time I did it, it was definitely a waste of photoshop. Perhaps animation for the full effect.

- Possible obtainment Quest: Given his ground-based nature, I want it to involve Excavations, but don't want to rehash the anxiety-inducing Limbo and Archwing quests. Perhaps just have a Cryotic cost.

- Lore: Waiting on the next render of him before I go forward with that. A big chunk of the idea behind his lore is connected to some of the ideas that arch111 and I have been tossing around for his final iteration.

Mhm. I have been looking very closely at the warframes. I mean, REALLY looking at them.

There are some patterns and choices I am reviewing, the way he is heading though is a mixture of excalibur and ash with some unique details.

MUST HAS.....like seriously though, I would love playing as this frame.  Sounds awesome man, best of luck

+1

EDIT: Also, would be cool if the augment 'Plateau' brought the pillar to Tremor's feet allowing him to stand upon it shortly after cast.

Edited by Alko897

I like the design of this guy, pretty cool powers, but something is irking me: how do you justify his Quicksand power across all tilesets? What I mean is, where does the 'sand' come from when he's on a tileset such as, say Europa? There's nothing but ice there! A power such as Barricade or Burrow can still make sense on multiple tilesets (ice barricade, burrow through metal) but Quicksand seems like it's reaching a bit.

EDIT: Also, would be cool if the augment 'Plateau' brought the pillar to Tremor's feet allowing him to stand upon it shortly after cast.

That's always been the idea, but I added a clarifying edit to get the point across.

how do you justify his Quicksand power across all tilesets? What I mean is, where does the 'sand' come from when he's on a tileset such as, say Europa? There's nothing but ice there! A power such as Barricade or Burrow can still make sense on multiple tilesets (ice barricade, burrow through metal) but Quicksand seems like it's reaching a bit.

Several justifications, actually:

1) The idea of Quicksand is that it's a transmutation-based skill that increases the space between the molecules, not wholly changing their state but causing them to break apart into a granular form.

So while stone and metal corrodes/degrades into sand, ice could turn into snow.

2) Since it's transmutation, it could just as easily change the chemical makeup of the affected area, so that it always produces a combination of silt and clay. Same principle that allows Worldbreaker, as he increases the volatility of the affected area.

3) The same justification for Hydroid not freezing or seeping into the ground on Ice/Desert tilesets, for his Tempest Barrage to be cast indoors, and for Zephyr being able to use her skills in a vacuum: Orokin-brand space magic.

Honestly I find it more difficult to believe you're skeptical about the scientific principles behind any one of his abilities, when his other skills, and other Warframes' abilities, are arguably worse (for example, how do nanomachines pull off Terrify and Soul Punch).

Edited by Archwizard

So I guess Pyro15232 is interested in making a concept for a weapon for Tremor, the issue being that we can't decide on what he should have.

I think a hammer creates too much distance between Tremor and his target; if Zephyr is supposed to stay in the air and away from the combat, Tremor should be up as close as possible. Aesthetically, his stealth capabilities mean he'd be better-suited with a smaller weapon.

With dual hammers, he'd end up more like this guy...

3028_original.jpg

... and you may have noticed, Tremor doesn't even throw boulders.

Full-blown warhammers seem much more Rhino and Oberon's speed, which is also something I specifically wanted to avoid with Tremor.

So I guess Pyro15232 is interested in making a concept for a weapon for Tremor, the issue being that we can't decide on what he should have.

I think a hammer creates too much distance between Tremor and his target; if Zephyr is supposed to stay in the air and away from the combat, Tremor should be up as close as possible. Aesthetically, his stealth capabilities mean he'd be better-suited with a smaller weapon.

With dual hammers, he'd end up more like this guy...

3028_original.jpg

... and you may have noticed, Tremor doesn't even throw boulders.

Full-blown warhammers seem much more Rhino and Oberon's speed, which is also something I specifically wanted to avoid with Tremor.

I understand what you're trying to do with Tremor; Up close and personal, dealing damage. I'm leaning towards the Impact based weapon as it in my mind suits his theme.

Edited by Pyro15232

So, with Explosive Legerdemain now capable of creating mine fields, I find myself pondering Worldbreaker.

I like the idea of him having a sustained ultimate that still allows him to freely move at all points while it's active. I love the idea of him having an ultimate that is more effective against ground-based enemies, and fits into his stealth toolkit.

The question is, is the mine overdone...

In respecting the creator's wishes how about a sparring set (think Obex) with drill brass knuckles (3 along the hand guard) with one larger drill on the footguard piece.

I can also live with that (although the single large drill on his foot would look ridiculous).

So, with Explosive Legerdemain now capable of creating mine fields, I find myself pondering Worldbreaker.

I like the idea of him having a sustained ultimate that still allows him to freely move at all points while it's active. I love the idea of him having an ultimate that is more effective against ground-based enemies, and fits into his stealth toolkit.

The question is, is the mine overdone...

In respecting the creator's wishes how about a sparring set (think Obex) with drill brass knuckles (3 along the hand guard) with one larger drill on the footguard piece.

I can also live with that (although the single large drill on his foot would look ridiculous).

It could work both ways a larger drill on the hand guard and smaller ones on the feet, or just have smaller drills lining both.

In the meantime, I'm presently working on some icons for each of Tremor's abilities.

I was hoping that if he had generated more interest by this point, I'd be able to hold it to a vote... but I suppose once it's done, I can always put feelers out on Reddit, right?

I like the design of this guy, pretty cool powers, but something is irking me: how do you justify his Quicksand power across all tilesets? What I mean is, where does the 'sand' come from when he's on a tileset such as, say Europa? There's nothing but ice there! A power such as Barricade or Burrow can still make sense on multiple tilesets (ice barricade, burrow through metal) but Quicksand seems like it's reaching a bit.

Although it was partially answered, its simple really. Vibrations. If the ground shakes or vibrates enough it causes "quicksand".

Look up liquefication of the ground during earthquakes.

Space magic is still a good answer though lol

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

So... Gurren Lagann?

I have been informed that if I were to make a TTGL reference in regards to this frame I will meet a certain and rather painful doom.

ᵇᵘᵗ ʸᵉˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʷᵃˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᶦᶰˢᵖᶦʳᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ

Edited by Krislen

It needs a power that summons giant man-eating worms.

I feel like that would infringe upon Tentacle Swarm... Stupid sexy Hydroid...

But only on Phobos.

Combine it with Worldbreaker. The worms eat you, then they EXPLODE.

But yeah, in all seriousness, I turned down a helmet design from arch111 that was "worm-inspired", because I was afraid that it would come off with Earthworm Jim connotations, while I was trying to go more for moles or rats. Could be an alt helmet though! [size=2]After we get a mole- or rat-like one, of course...[/size]

Edited by Archwizard

I really enjoyed reading this in the lotus voice lol, you kinda nailed her script to a T. You're ideas are very well thought out, you even took the time to think of corresponding polarity slots. Im getting a lizard type theme coming from this. Interesting cause reptiles dont usually dig underground but im looking at the concept and the way his helmet is shaped & his armor sorta looking like scales, im picturing him with a tail of some sort. Would be awesome if we get an earth reptile style frame that digs and controls the earth, would add to that "Fear the rumble beneath their feet" quote perfectly IMO.

Burrow might be my favourite ability in the game if this ever gets created, good work!

PLS [DE]_STEVE!!

+1

~ Edit: I just realized that Chroma is a thing now... -_-''

Edited by Coded

I really enjoyed reading this in the lotus voice lol, you kinda nailed her script to a T. You're ideas are very well thought out, you even took the time to think of corresponding polarity slots. Im getting a lizard type theme coming from this. Interesting cause reptiles dont usually dig underground but im looking at the concept and the way his helmet is shaped & his armor sorta looking like scales, im picturing him with a tail of some sort. Would be awesome if we get an earth reptile style frame that digs and controls the earth, would add to that "Fear the rumble beneath their feet" quote perfectly IMO.

I've honestly been thinking more rat, badger or mole from it, but I'm sure the worm-y alt helm could come off as reptilian too.

Thank you though! Tremor's been a long work in progress, and it's awesome to see it getting appreciation.

Edited by Archwizard