The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Reason Why Powers Should Be Gimped On Pvp

-dicht.ThanksFrost-

I clearly had the advantage, I hit my target, I was the first to hit my target and most importantly I expended my whole clip practically hitting my target.

But He didn't die...

Clearly my inability to use parkour led to my demise, due to my utter surprise that that player was able to use 2 iron skins and rhino charge me in a matter of 3 seconds.

I feel that if it continues in this direction and by that I mean attempting to integrate powers into the gun play of PvP then it will flop. I feel that there should only be a focus on the gun play, wins and kills should be determined by gun play. You guys have something that makes you unique, you are one of the very few games that has 3rd person parkour online shooting. Stick with that it, its much better.

These powers ruin the game and can easily kill players that clearly have a skill. In the video I clearly had the edge on this person, but due to the rampant accessibility of powers my clear victory flipped against me. It does not take skill to press a number and gain health nor to do a super power that kills everyone around you. It's gun play that defines skill and I feel that DE should follow under that model. Like unreal tournament 99 (people still play that game today)

Edited by DrOP_

What about-and stop me if this is a ridiculous idea-what about removing energy, but adding cooldowns?

Game is no longer a matter of who can get energy and spam the most.

Now becomes test of using your stuff at the right time.

Cooldowns might make it camp to win/hide to win (not necessarily in capture, but in upcoming modes). Perhaps it should be a mix of being kill based like CoD killstreaks, and from energy on the map, so long as that energy drops less frequently and/or in smaller amounts and/or in less predictable locations instead of the same spots every time.

you shooted at the body, as a shooter you have to aim for the head, he would have died

shot*

But in all seriousness, regardless as to whether or not I was shooting at the head or body. The player practically had double health and used a powerful move.

The question of me shooting the head in a parkour high mobility based game if I may add is not the issue at hand. It's the fact that a player can double his health in 2 button presses.

Cooldowns might make it camp to win/hide to win (not necessarily in capture, but in upcoming modes). Perhaps it should be a mix of being kill based like CoD killstreaks, and from energy on the map, so long as that energy drops less frequently and/or in smaller amounts and/or in less predictable locations instead of the same spots every time.

By kill-based do you mean energy/abilities from kills?

Because that's not a very good idea. It means anyone who kills with abilities will snowball and continue to kill with more abilities, while others get left in the dust with a severe disadvantage.

Nice job shooting him in the thighs while standing practically still.  You also let him get the energy pickup that let him spam like that, not to mention you strafed yourself into a corner which made you an easy target for the rhino charge.

shot*

But in all seriousness, regardless as to whether or not I was shooting at the head or body. The player practically had double health and used a powerful move.

The question of me shooting the head in a parkour high mobility based game if I may add is not the issue at hand. It's the fact that a player can double his health in 2 button presses.

He was practically standing still.  There's no good excuse for not spraying him at head level for the extra damage.  ADSing in cqc is pretty dumb too. 

Edited by Aggh

By kill-based do you mean energy/abilities from kills?

Because that's not a very good idea. It means anyone who kills with abilities will snowball and continue to kill with more abilities, while others get left in the dust with a severe disadvantage.

You wouldn't get energy from kills with abilities, again like killstreaks in other games.

You wouldn't get energy from kills with abilities, again like killstreaks in other games.

Honestly if energy wasn't a factor the actual tenno v tenno aspect could be greatly improved.

Energy works as a small objective of sorts but also allows for anti-fun spam that requires no skill to use and infinite skill to beat.

Honestly if energy wasn't a factor the actual tenno v tenno aspect could be greatly improved.

Energy works as a small objective of sorts but also allows for anti-fun spam that requires no skill to use and infinite skill to beat.

That might be true; I haven't played it yet, and honestly I've never been a fan of the energy system in its current iteration in PVP or PVE. But it sounds like at least PVP is consistent with the rest of the game as far as incentivising spam.

1. you were standing still

2. if you weren't standing still, he'd have a hard time aiming and hitting you with his rhino charge. 

3. and at the beginning of the video, you clearly saw he took energy orb, which means he could use charge on you, yet you don't copter away but stand still and shoot?  

I clearly had the advantage, I hit my target, I was the first to hit my target and most importantly I expended my whole clip practically hitting my target.

But He didn't die...

Clearly my inability to use parkour led to my demise, due to my utter surprise that that player was able to use 2 iron skins and rhino charge me in a matter of 3 seconds.

I feel that if it continues in this direction and by that I mean attempting to integrate powers into the gun play of PvP then it will flop. I feel that there should only be a focus on the gun play, wins and kills should be determined by gun play. You guys have something that makes you unique, you are one of the very few games that has 3rd person parkour online shooting. Stick with that it, its much better.

These powers ruin the game and can easily kill players that clearly have a skill. In the video I clearly had the edge on this person, but due to the rampant accessibility of powers my clear victory flipped against me. It does not take skill to press a number and gain health nor to do a super power that kills everyone around you. It's gun play that defines skill and I feel that DE should follow under that model. Like unreal tournament 99 (people still play that game today)

Warframe is about combining shooter, melee, acrobatics and powers all together.

If you're not properly using or countering any one of those aspects you leave yourself open to die.

that is the nature of this game.

It is not just a shooter with parkour nor should that be its focus. It is more than that.

take it or leave it, love it or hate it.

Not to say that there aren't some very needed tweaks to some of the powers....