Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Grineer

sambarpowder

As we all know, the infested are basically afflicted corpus crewmen. Are there plans for infested grineer, infested/robot hybrids, and the like? Because that would seriously be cool. And also, I think the infested should have their own structural hazards like the corpus' cams and turrets, something along the lines of gas tumors, sticky traps etc.

I think this also goes into questioning what the infested are. Since they seem to be all over Corpus at the moment, it would indicate that their origins are somehow tied to the Corpus. In the Corpus bios, it mentioned they are very interested in Orokin tech. Looking at the Tenno warframes and the materials we have to farm to make them, it seems that they are techno-organic in nature.

My guess is that the Infested are the result of Corpus messing around with Orokin tech, possibly trying to recreate the Tenno warframes on their own. The infested's organic nature would explain why there are no Infested Corpus walkers, which are completely inorganic, and that they only develop on human hosts.

And what about Infested Tenno? now that would be a awesome.

Due to lore, that would be a rare case. If anything would be a boss fight. Because Teeno are rare and near exient. Those that are left are floating around in some cryostasis somwhere.

As we all know, the infested are basically afflicted corpus crewmen. Are there plans for infested grineer, infested/robot hybrids, and the like? Because that would seriously be cool. And also, I think the infested should have their own structural hazards like the corpus' cams and turrets, something along the lines of gas tumors, sticky traps etc.

Gas tumores is an awesome idea :D and more traps and hazards would be a nide addition to the game.

Tenno already wear Technocyte Virus formed armour and use Technocyte virus empowered abilities, for all that we know.

I guess the idea with Tenno, the virus could spin out of control, causing the Tenno to resemble something like EVA 01 from NGE.

Tenno already wear Technocyte Virus formed armour and use Technocyte virus empowered abilities, for all that we know.

If I can hazzard a guess then I can say that the what ever the Tenno have in them whether it be a "tame" version Technocyte or something completely differnt it's a safe assumption that samples of it that were not used on the Tenno might have mutated, whether it's due to Corpus tampering or just time it is mostlikely that it is the source of the Infected.