Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Running: Why?

HanShotFirst

This is really just a "joined a game in progress" problem. I really dont see how can you stay so far behind that you cant find the boss drops unless you are a unraked Frost with a Gram. You can always try asking the other players to mark the drops for you most people will understand but then again most people know all the tilesets well enough to not even think about marking.

This is really just a "joined a game in progress" problem. I really dont see how can you stay so far behind that you cant find the boss drops unless you are a unraked Frost with a Gram. You can always try asking the other players to mark the drops for you most people will understand but then again most people know all the tilesets well enough to not even think about marking.

I can assure you that you can get quite far behind and quite badly lost if the boss dies while there's still 3+ tiles between you and him. It's not too hard to get that much distance, either.

When I first started the game I had to beat Vor, Jackal and Alad V twice, because the first time I got in to the missions I didn't even get the chance to see the bosses.

While now I don't really care about it, as a new player I found it really annoying and immersion-breaking.

Edited by PapaFragolino

Yep, obviously I'm exaggerating or made this whole story up. None of it happened, especially four or five times in a row. Nope. Just my imagination. Thanks for clearing that up without even a hint of condescension.

Sorry no time to read your wall of text next time  TL,DR 

I'll answer to Title , Why go slow? Is being slow good thing? Yes , so ennemy can aim you better , you will die faster , while the fast guys is to far to come back and res the slow one, so the slow one have the right to complain about 3 others guys in same squad going fast and one is to slow to follow...

In Alad V tile , (Yes I actually did half read) , I actually got "out run" ? I just did even more dash to follow up , sometime I'm to fast , i just wait at specific door that all , adapt or die

I think you need to install a rush mod... or 8... I dont know how you are going that slow in a mission, unless you're like MR 2, then its understandable.

you need to move faster, thats the only thing I can think of. a lot of high level players, including myself, speed run Salad's fight all the time, I can get that mission done in less than 3 minutes with a good team.

start coptering, wallslinging, wallrunning and using Dir. Melee. you're gonna need to if you want to do any end game missions ever.

and I'm not trying to be offensive, at all.

How in gods name are you that slow? No offense, but I haven't seen any Tenno, no matter how geared, kill Alad V in a matter of seconds. ._.

With good RNG with crits he goes down in 1-2secs unless you have bad day.

If there is worthy loot (neural sensors) I do mark them in map for slower guys to find when I speed run him.

First off, the mission parameters take priority.

If the mission is "Kill Alad V" then the mission is clearly NOT "farm his Neural Sensor drops".

If you are there to get Sensors - and not even after the Frame parts the mission drops as a reward - then clearly you are the one in the wrong setting, and you are the one that should be selecting "Solo".

You have stated that you can't solo the mission so you are clearly there to sponge off other people better setups, and still you are complaining.

Go to general chat, ask for help to do exactly what you need and get people to help. Joining a PUG expecting that people will do what YOU want is rather insane. What about those that just want the Frame parts? They would consider the fast in-and-out of rushers a blessing.

Edited by DSpite

I usually run them solo, but once in a while I do go public since it's less boring for some reason.

However, whenever I kill the boss before my team members get there, I always mark the drop location.

So, instead of asking them not to rush, you might be better off asking them to mark the drop.

I'll answer to Title , Why go slow? Is being slow good thing? Yes , so ennemy can aim you better , you will die faster , while the fast guys is to far to come back and res the slow one, so the slow one have the right to complain about 3 others guys in same squad going fast and one is to slow to follow...

In Alad V tile , (Yes I actually did half read) , I actually got "out run" ? I just did even more dash to follow up , sometime I'm to fast , i just wait at specific door that all , adapt or die

So if someone doesn't copter through the entire map with the Tipedo it's his fault for being "slow"?

Also, from what kind of teamplay strategy book did you learned "adapt or die"? If you're planning to do a mission without having to care about teammates just go solo, but don't expect random people to adapt to your play style.

Edited by PapaFragolino

So if someone doesn't copter through the entire map with the Tipedo it's his fault for being "slow"?

Also, from what kind of teamplay strategy book did you learned "adapt or die"? If you're planning to do a mission without having to care about teammates just go solo, but don't expect random people to adapt to your play style.

Sorry but , If 3 guys coptering with whatever they want going fast , and one does'nt want or can't then he have to go solo , why 3 guys have have to slow down for one?I do Team Play , but Alad V , require none , hope i don't get warning for this but it's rush your &#! to Alad V , Show him you have big gun , kick zanuka &#! , to show who's the master , and run to extract , nothing need to be killed , skip everything that all 

After all , he was here for an assasination not walking around looking at flower around there there is like 10 Other mission to farm NS

Most are not ninjas.

Some Tenno are not true to the Tenno ways in their heart.

We aren't really true ninjas.

A ninja would not go rocket launchers blazing into a room and kill everything that there is.

A ninja would stealthily slip past the enemies to reach the objective, and kill only when absolutely necessary.

...And this is a pointless post.

Because farming isn't fun. I want to play some fun stuff, not killing a weak boss over and over.

Only Jupiter have sensors, but it is a low tier planet. We are forced to go and kill weak enemies, which isn't fun at all.

So why do I speed run it and play some T4 defense ,or some ODD?

Your choose the wrong frame....

Mirage is not good for pubs, she need a pre build too work.

Choose a frame that can help you keep up.

Suggestions: Nova without narrow mind, valkyr if you know how to flip kick and wall run like a boss, rhino p with duration , loki with switch teleport, volt with strength and duration

And you should craft the tipedo if you really can't keep up.

Edited by themartinc123

How in gods name are you that slow? No offense, but I haven't seen any Tenno, no matter how geared, kill Alad V in a matter of seconds. ._.

dies in seconds with Peacemaker. it only gets longer when a clueless player suddenly lured Zanuka to me. or chased Salad V into a corner out of my line of sight.

It wasn't a "wall of text" - it had paragraphs and even punctuation. And the "TL;DR" was the first sentence: "why [speed run] in a public match when it's excessively clear you could solo the mission handily?"

I think you need to install a rush mod... or 8... I dont know how you are going that slow in a mission, unless you're like MR 2, then its understandable.

you need to move faster, thats the only thing I can think of. a lot of high level players, including myself, speed run Salad's fight all the time, I can get that mission done in less than 3 minutes with a good team.

start coptering, wallslinging, wallrunning and using Dir. Melee. you're gonna need to if you want to do any end game missions ever.

and I'm not trying to be offensive, at all.

No offense taken, but as per my original post, I was playing Mirage, a warframe with one of the highest default run speeds. And again, as per my original post, I was running with a max-level Rush, and "Zoren Coptering" every chance I could. I wasn't dilly dallying. I wasn't stopping to loot lockers or fight trash mobs. I was however, not particularly familiar with the tileset. So yes, I was occasionally missing key elements to get to the boss quickly, like elevators/stairs/etc. that apparently everyone else knew like the back of their hand.

First off, the mission parameters take priority.

If the mission is "Kill Alad V" then the mission is clearly NOT "farm his Neural Sensor drops".

If you are there to get Sensors - and not even after the Frame parts the mission drops as a reward - then clearly you are the one in the wrong setting, and you are the one that should be selecting "Solo".

You have stated that you can't solo the mission so you are clearly there to sponge off other people better setups, and still you are complaining.

Go to general chat, ask for help to do exactly what you need and get people to help. Joining a PUG expecting that people will do what YOU want is rather insane. What about those that just want the Frame parts? They would consider the fast in-and-out of rushers a blessing.

First off, it's the boss, Alad V, who drops the neural sensors. So yeah, killing him, aka: following the mission parameters, is kinda essential. Thanks for the insightful pro tip though. My preference for neural sensors over frame parts however is irrelevant and frankly, none of your concern.

And I stated (quite clearly, I might add) in my original post that I *DID* solo the mission: "First time through I soloed it, but died once in the process. I decided it would probably be best to go with a team on subsequent runs."

"First time"--with emphasis. It was the very first time I've even attempted Alad V. And yes, I soloed it. My. First. Time. That was without the benefit of knowing anything about the encounter or what even to expect. All I knew was Jupiter, Themisto, kill boss, get neural sensors. That's it. And yes, I had to revive once. Once. So yeah, I thought it might be a good idea to go with other people, at least until I got a better handle on the mechanics of the fight. Crazy, right?

As for "sponging"... why would I be complaining about others defeating the boss for me if my intent was to "sponge"? That doesn't make a lick of sense. If all I wanted was to be an inconsiderate jerk and ride others' coattails, I could have happily taken my sweet time to collect the loot while everyone else waited at the extraction point. Why would I complain if that was my intent? Did you disengage your brain before you started typing, or are you just not very bright to begin with?

Those who go slow will never know the joys of those who go fast.

Rather than speed up they often demand the others to slow down.

This "Its a public game" defense to demonize people who like to run ahead is a double edged sword, as you can easily start a private lobby of like minded people to avoid it yourself.

You seriously need to bring a fast melee weapon like tipedo,amprex,etc. I just use my mag prime to get rid of both their shields instantly. After that, kill Zanuka then Alad V. As for the map, it's random but you just follow the mini map while zipping around using copter and air directional melee. You'll get used to it after like 2 or 3 runs.

I also don't bother to extract for other rewards like valkyr bp because I'm there for sensors. If it doesn't drop, I'd forfeit immediately after killing the boss. Faster to restart mission.

Edited by SunsetChaos

If it doesn't drop, I'd forfeit immediately after killing the boss. Faster to restart mission.

please don't do that on pub. some people might be looking for valkyr parts, or by a chance they got a rare mod, and if you're a host then quits, you're risking their chance to obtain those because you know there's a buggy moment that host migration ignores the collected items, resulting to lost items after completion.

Those who go slow will never know the joys of those who go fast.

Rather than speed up they often demand the others to slow down.

This "Its a public game" defense to demonize people who like to run ahead is a double edged sword, as you can easily start a private lobby of like minded people to avoid it yourself.

It's about having a modicum of consideration. I'd be just as critical of someone purposefully mulling about and holding up the rest of the team, assuming they knew better and weren't simply a newbie.

There was absolutely no reason for the players I encountered to be in public match-making. None. Unless you're there for the sake of socializing, helping new players out, or because you need help yourself, why do it? To show off? Because you're too lazy to hit the pull-down and choose "solo"? C'mon, man. Be reasonable.

I'm not trying to "demonize" people who like to go fast. *I* like to go fast. But going fast simply for the sake of going fast with ZERO consideration for anyone else, in a mission you could *EASILY* solo is just obnoxious.

And for the record, I *did* start a private lobby with like-minded people to avoid this nonsense. And it was quite successful. However, that's no excuse for people who don't need a team nor want a team to behave in a manner that's detrimental to team play. Fast or slow, that's just being a jerk.

You seriously need to bring a fast melee weapon like tipedo,amprex,etc. I just use my mag prime to get rid of both their shields instantly. After that, kill Zanuka then Alad V. As for the map, it's random but you just follow the mini map while zipping around using copter and air directional melee. You'll get used to it after like 2 or 3 runs.

I also don't bother to extract for other rewards like valkyr bp because I'm there for sensors. If it doesn't drop, I'd forfeit immediately after killing the boss. Faster to restart mission.

I was using Glaive Prime. It might not be quite as zippy as Fang or the Tipedo, but it's certainly no slouch. 

Again, the issue wasn't the speed of my frame or weapons--it was my general unfamiliarity with the tileset. I haven't played in like six months (or more). I'm still accustomed to maps that were mostly linear.

I was using Glaive Prime. It might not be quite as zippy as Fang or the Tipedo, but it's certainly no slouch. 

Again, the issue wasn't the speed of my frame or weapons--it was my general unfamiliarity with the tileset. I haven't played in like six months (or more). I'm still accustomed to maps that were mostly linear.

As long as you know how to copter and directional melee. Other than that, you don't need to be familiar with the map. Just keep an eye on the mini map like everyone does. You'll get use to it after like 2 or 3 runs.

please don't do that on pub. some people might be looking for valkyr parts, or by a chance they got a rare mod, and if you're a host then quits, you're risking their chance to obtain those because you know there's a buggy moment that host migration ignores the collected items, resulting to lost items after completion.

I know, most of the time I'm not host. Sometimes I even solo it, but it's faster to join a squad already running to the boss.

I know how to copter and directional melee. If only it were that easy.

And watching the mini map only gets you so far. Woops, missed a jump. Now I'm four levels below where I should have been and have to find the stairs/elevator/solve-a-super-Mario-jumping-puzzle to get back on track. No problem, just follow the indicator... wait, now it's telling me to go back the way I came? 

"Congratulations Tenno! Get to the extraction point!"

Yeah, I tried more than 2 or 3 runs of that. If by "get used to it" you mean forgo public match-making and just wait for my clan mates to log in, then that's exactly what I did.

Honestly, I'm not trying to poop all over PUGs, but frankly if it isn't a survival or defense mission, I'm just not going to bother.

We aren't really true ninjas.

A ninja would not go rocket launchers blazing into a room and kill everything that there is.

A ninja would stealthily slip past the enemies to reach the objective, and kill only when absolutely necessary.

...And this is a pointless post.

Kill only when absolutely necessary.

Yeah I am only looking to kill Salad V.

So I don't see the purpose to wipe out several hundred mooks just to get to Salad.

Be fast be efficient.