The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Campers

BlutAdler

I don't really understand the need to camp and do long hour survivals.

Multiple shorter runs are more enjoyable because:

-you can fool around and run and gun

-get more credits over all, as opposed to 20k mission credits every 20mins

-safer that the game doesn't bug out and you lose all your shiny things

-Easier to get parts(by that i mean effort:reward ratio of restarting every 20/40 minutes than "surviving" for 60/80minutes where you get 1 shot)

Unless it's like....one of the rarer keys, t1-t3 survival where you really want to milk each key for all it's worth. That i could understand, but T4 keys aren't that hard to come by if the person ever just played decently high level interceptions.

Why camp for hours in T4 and risk:

-Someone dc'ing and the group composition falling apart

-Failing the mission when mobs get 100+ and nobody can get to the extraction from their camp

-Losing your S#&$ (both drops and emotions)

-Game bugging out on someone and they can't use abilities/fire stuff/revive bugs

I've been running T4S this weekend trying to get odonata wings and i just ran with randoms. If we find a good spawn room then we just stay there and farm, but we always leave at 40(hell even 20 sometimes if one of the guys has to go). Having randomed fast nova, greedy mag and nekros does force camping, but it 40 minutes of camping is quite a bit harder than 40mins of run and gun, because you get absolutely swarmed if you camp. I only managed to extract because i was playing vex armored Chroma, the other 3 ran out of revives trying to leave the "camp" lol.

Edited by kiteohatto

Sitting in a corner for 40 mintues is a tactic? And you're calling it effecient/effective. 

It kills the game. And I'm saying you're shooting yourself in the foot its because when DE changes something in the game that EFFECTS EVERYONE then you all swoop to forums to cry out your hearts.

This new trend of finding the laziest way to play a game mode is getting old.

In my opinion killing the game is a bit harsh to say the least, I agree though people are going to farm the fastest most efficient way. But again, humans like to complain, Tenno do not So, before anyone jumps to any conclusions we go back to the cyclical argument of "Hate the Game, Not the People." The game forces us to do what we're doing because the mechanics taught us this way... : / I also agree about the lazy game mode argument that keeps coming up thread after thread, give it a rest. And I want to point out...

Strategy:

Purpose To identify clear broader goals that advance the overall organization and organize resources.

Tactics:

To utilize specific resources to achieve sub-goals that support the defined mission.

Source: http://www.web-strategist.com/blog/2013/01/14/the-difference-between-strategy-and-tactics/

Edited by ChloeSakuna

the only 1 here without logic is you

Prove to me how this is true and I'll actually believe what you're saying. 

You know what running around like a headless chicken does?

Scatters spawns and loot.

Who said you have to run around like a headless chicken? 

I don't remember writing that in my post..

In my opinion killing the game is a bit harsh to say the least, I agree though people are going to farm the fastest most efficient way. But again, humans like to complain, Tenno do not So, before anyone jumps to any conclusions we go back to the cyclical argument of "Hate the Game, Not the People." The game forces us to do what we're doing because the mechanics taught us this way... : / I also agree about the lazy game mode argument that keeps coming up thread after thread, give it a rest. And I want to point out...

Strategy:

Purpose To identify clear broader goals that advance the overall organization and organize resources.

Tactics:

To utilize specific resources to achieve sub-goals that support the defined mission.

Source: http://www.web-strategist.com/blog/2013/01/14/the-difference-between-strategy-and-tactics/

I Love this. So here's what you're gonna do for me then.

What I want you to do from now on is only invite MR1 - MR5 players. Players who just started the game and then bring a vauban and a mag with greedy pull and a nuker frame. And then tell them. This is how you play Warframe. 

Then take a step back and look at how progressive that is for the game. 

It's killing the game.

Both directly and indirectly.

This type of game play sticks around for a while. De changes something because it messes with their game economy and business model. 

Players who adored this lazy gameplay gripe about it. The forums and community is filled with toxicity. People leave. abase the game and/or end up contributing to the game's demise purposely. 

Edited by BlutAdler

I don't see the issue with buckling down in one area. I just ran several Derelict Survivals and once you find a nice room and the spawn-rate flows well, you stay there and hold out until you can no longer.

I think its less an issue with camping and more an issue with getting bored.

How hasn't DE learned anything from those situations? 

If I recall correctly they have a game out making bank and you're the one playing..

Where'd you leave your logic? You should go get it.

No offense to DE, but even after vivergate excal nerf, they still pushed the nerf through and called "working as intended." After a lot of events, only one of them was good (cryotic front), the rest of the events were a grindfest.

They made money due to people burning out of the grind and are forced, in a way, to buy plat/prime access to reduce the grind.

Last line is rough, better check your language

I don't see how it's an issue. Unlike E-gate you have to actually pursue the objective or you'll run out of time. E-gate could go on forever since enemies never scaled up and you could literally afk through it. At 40+ minutes of survival you actually have to pay a bit of attention or you will wipe. All of the while being within the mechanics of the game.

Edited by f3llyn

Camping is the only way to do several hours survivals. But people are lazy and now they do this even in t1 from the very start. This is not exploit, just a choice for players how to play. You can do it or not, you don't get more rewards if you camping anyway.

Never called it an exploit. Viver nor E-gate were really exploits. 

No offense to DE, but even after vivergate excal nerf, they still pushed the nerf through and called "working as intended." After a lot of events, only one of them was good (cryotic front), the rest of the events were a grindfest.

They made money due to people burning out of the grind and are forced, in a way, to buy plat/prime access to reduce the grind.

Last line is rough, better check your language

What about my language needs to be checked?

"Ridiculous"? 

I don't see how it's an issue. Unlike E-gate you have to actually pursue the objective or you'll run out of time. E-gate could go on forever since enemies never scaled up and you could literally afk through it. At 40+ minutes of survival you actually have to pay a bit of attention you will wipe.

+1  

I was about to say the same thing. Void survivals are a lot different in the sense you have to move about. When it gets late game, you need to move and follow the air supplies. There is no standing in one place bashing or macro'ing an ability.

I'm still confused how holding a room in a Survival is an issue though.

For a game to be really good, the most efficient / effective ways to do something should also be the most fun ways.

But thats not that easy to do, sometimes the work proceeds slowly, step by step to that point. (Bad companies don't walk that way at all)

It becomes a real problem, when many begin to stop playing the game and start working the game, and pull others in, and it becomes work instead of fun.

Thats why some people with foresight try to cut that down in its roots, before everyone is infected.

There is no doubt though, that some parts of the game, for example insanly rare parts on C rotations and the like, are often what brings people to play such a way. (I'd rather play a bit more slowly and gather more keys, playing more times to 20 or 40 minutes instead of once to 60, 80, or whatever, but thats me)

Never called it an exploit. Viver nor E-gate were really exploits. 

What about my language needs to be checked?

"Ridiculous"? 

And so does camping since it does not exploit anything, if it does, do tell.

Calling other people "without logic" is not rough?

Here's to hoping the DE addresses this new fad of "farming" in the void.

Had someone tell me the best way to get to 40 minutes in Survival was to use this new method of "camping" in the voids. 

People don't learn from Viver and E-Gate that people are shooting themselves in the foot. 

Ridiculous.

It's not new, and it's not ridiculous. It's been a thing for awhile now, it's just uptight people that complain about it. How do you expect them to fix it without entirely changing how spawns work? Some people don't like being dependent on a nekros to provide them air because of some clown running from room to room MLGpr0rhinoboltorprime1337scopez style trying to get top damage.

Let me break it down for you with defense as an example.

When you're sitting on a defense pod in a mission, and things are spawning because of the line of sight.

When people run off into the rooms on the map, things don't spawn and it makes things go slower.

So by staying on the pod, in your eyes, it's basically exploiting. If we run off though, and stop things from spawning, in turn making the waves go by slower we're just A******s.

By staying in one room in survival, it eliminates the worry that most groups face of being desperate for air because people are scattered all over trying to get kills.

Viver and E-gate were exploiting the spawns within the game mode, while not playing the game mode. That's why they were exploits and that's why they were fixed. Survival is all about spawn management, not running in half cocked on your rhino prime geared up with a scrub cannon. They can't nerf the camping tactic without completely destroying every other game mode because of the spawns.

Your argument of "camping is bad, I don't like it so please nerf it" isn't valid by any means. If you don't like that style of playing, then you simply don't play with people that and form your own groups instead of getting so worked up about it you have to come on the forums with a half cocked whine thread trying to get your point across.

Edited by TheGuyverOne

Why u still crying ? Game could be killed by whining ppl just like in gw2 (our class too bad , buff it! Or nerf this class because i cant win him)

No one is "crying". Try to use other words in your vocabulary.

Also your sentence makes no sense. 

A problem comes from another problem. The grind is the problem, leading to players abusing mechanics which also becomes a problem.

Grindfest is an excuse? Please tell me how to get all the rewards given out without grinding. I also assume you didn't play "The Gradivus Dilemma" event?

The grind isn't a problem. It's just that people don't want to work for anything. And no matter what way you flip it.. that's the reality. This game has grind?

This game has no grind, play pretty much any other MMO and it has more "grind" than Warframe.

It's a very worn out point and it has no basis since how hard/grindy something is ultimately is subjective.

It's not a reason to resorting to lazy game play.

Going into a t3s thinking "alright gonna have a good time running around shooting things" and instead seeing a group huddled in a hallway and telling you not to run around because you'll mess up spawns while a Vauban and mag macros for 40 minutes?

And you guys justify that crap? 

What I want you to do from now on is only invite MR1 - MR5 players. Players who just started the game and then bring a vauban and a mag with greedy pull and a nuker frame. And then tell them. This is how you play Warframe. 

I wouldn't say that's how you would play Warframe. I would say it just was a "way" to play. Those new players should probably be clever enough to know something that obvious anyway. 

I don't see the issue with buckling down in one area. I just ran several Derelict Survivals and once you find a nice room and the spawn-rate flows well, you stay there and hold out until you can no longer.

I think its less an issue with camping and more an issue with getting bored.

I think the fact that it gets boring fast is the issue. The goal (hopefully) is to have fun.

Camping is a symptom of a problem. The problem behind this symptom should be addressed.

I Love this. So here's what you're gonna do for me then.

Then take a step back and look at how progressive that is for the game. 

It's killing the game.

Both directly and indirectly.

This type of game play sticks around for a while. De changes something because it messes with their game economy and business model. 

Players who adored this lazy gameplay gripe about it. The forums and community is filled with toxicity. People leave. abase the game and/or end up contributing to the game's demise purposely. 

Your idea is intriguing and this mostly happens when I get invited to a group that is asking for a specific frame for a specific mission, it doesn't have to be Master Rank 1 - 5, it's usually Mastery Rank 1 - 19. : / If you are inclined to say that the gameplay was not supposed to be entertaining that way, then again don't invest yourself in it that way? The only thing that can change is yourself. And Yeah, if the Game Developer wants to mess with their game economy or finds the mechanic disruptive they will deal with it some how. I think it also comes back to my main argument I use often humans want to complain when they have it good, and when they have it bad, they want to complain so much and cause so much drama because it's fun for them it's an emotional catharsis. Humans will do lazy things because again, it's more efficient than using a ton of energy. Think smarter not harder. Also, the argument of "OP Weapon THIS FRAME THAT!?!?!" It doesn't matter because let's face it the people who complain about it either do it and have it and want to complain, or just want to complain for complaining sake.

No one is "crying". Try to use other words in your vocabulary.

Also your sentence makes no sense. 

The grind isn't a problem. It's just that people don't want to work for anything. And no matter what way you flip it.. that's the reality. This game has grind?

This game has no grind, play pretty much any other MMO and it has more "grind" than Warframe.

It's a very worn out point and it has no basis since how hard/grindy something is ultimately is subjective.

It's not a reason to resorting to lazy game play.

Going into a t3s thinking "alright gonna have a good time running around shooting things" and instead seeing a group huddled in a hallway and telling you not to run around because you'll mess up spawns while a Vauban and mag macros for 40 minutes?

And you guys justify that crap? 

warframe is coop game and everyone can play how they want.Also if you dont want to paly with campers create ur own group and play.

EASY ISNT IT?

I don't really understand the need to camp and do long hour survivals.

Multiple shorter runs are more enjoyable because:

-you can fool around and run and gun

-get more credits over all, as opposed to 20k mission credits every 20mins

-safer that the game doesn't bug out and you lose all your shiny things

-Easier to get parts(by that i mean effort:reward ratio of restarting every 20/40 minutes than "surviving" for 60/80minutes where you get 1 shot)

Unless it's like....one of the rarer keys, t1-t3 survival where you really want to milk each key for all it's worth. That i could understand, but T4 keys aren't that hard to come by if the person ever just played decently high level interceptions.

Why camp for hours in T4 and risk:

-Someone dc'ing and the group composition falling apart

-Failing the mission when mobs get 100+ and nobody can get to the extraction from their camp

-Losing your S#&$ (both drops and emotions)

-Game bugging out on someone and they can't use abilities/fire stuff/revive bugs

I've been running T4S this weekend trying to get odonata wings and i just ran with randoms. If we find a good spawn room then we just stay there and farm, but we always leave at 40(hell even 20 sometimes if one of the guys has to go). Having randomed fast nova, greedy mag and nekros does force camping, but it 40 minutes of camping is quite a bit harder than 40mins of run and gun, because you get absolutely swarmed if you camp. I only managed to extract because i was playing vex armored Chroma, the other 3 ran out of revives trying to leave the "camp" lol.

It's relieving seeing people with legitimate viewpoints on the forums sometimes. 

+1

Wah Wah i can't hallway hero

Cry baby

You're so mature, man. 

What's your reasoning then for changes made in regards to e-gate and viver?

I wasn't there for viver so i cant speak for that, but the issue with e-gate was that you could instantly kill enemies when they spawn, and then new enemies would spawn in the same place, so u could just stand still and get an insane amount of kills, so excavation was changed so that the enemy spawns are dependant on the excavators.

However, it was basically jsut a flaw in the tileset, it couldve been fixed by changing some of the tiles so that u couldnt make all enemies spawn so close.

DE nerfed it because ppl could get so much mods and resources that they thought it would hurt platinum sales.

Camping in survival jsut keeps you safe, it doesnt increase the rewards by any notable amount, thus its simply a matter of player preference, so DE is not gonna mess with it.