The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Prime Opinions And Discussion

I got him last week and leveled him all the way during the credit weekend but didn't really get to know him....

I liked the mega energy,  I was having fun putting up multiple shields and speeding around while still having energy for an overloads  (there is a cool down between).

I also managed to get the run-shock mod which was fun.  Running around and shocking everyone you touch was interesting especially if you didn't want to get shot in the back when you sped by someone on the way to extraction on those fast void missions.

Gonna try shock tropper next.

Just wanted to see if anyone figured out anything else different to try.

I spent all last week, and the weekend, running T3 Survivals in search of the Volt Prime Chassis.  Never found it.  Did get one Nova Chassis to drop Saturday night, on my last T3 run.  I don't think I've ever had to spend this much time trying to get one part for a frame.

As a fairly avid volt player recently, I can tell you that volt is great if you use his abilities to support and not be a primary damage dealer. The endless CC of an 850 energy pool with shock, speed, and shields, with an occasional overload for massive crowds, leads to easy defense and management of the enemy forces.

Volt Prime is an amazing frame, both in design, and execution. He got buffed in all the right places, and he's much more usable right now.

Volt overall is nice, Volt P is even better with the increase energy pool and higher armor rating, the only bad thing about him is the grinding... and his looks, his back is awesome but his front could've been much better, not to mention the helmet.

Also if this is your first time using a volt overall, check out this thread i did on how to make his shield 300% more badass!(yes, i reference Flow) https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/430359-a-new-way-of-using-volts-electrical-shield/

Volt was my starter frame, so when I learned he was the next Prime, I readied my wallet. I love the buffs to his Prime variant, the armor, the energy. I can go negative efficiency and still not need to worry about energy. He looks pretty nice too... I just wish they'd get rid of the codpiece.

He got buffed in all the right places, and he's much more usable right now.

the massive boost of energy was unnecessary, and he received a sizable armor buff

i wouldn't call those buffs in the right places, but that's just my opinion

the massive boost of energy was unnecessary, and he received a sizable armor buff

i wouldn't call those buffs in the right places, but that's just my opinion

He was a caster with low energy, and had no damage protection worth noting with only 15 armor

100 armor is ~25% damage reduction! and now he can actually spam out his CC

Sure, 200 energy is a ridiculousulously high number, but the energy buff was something he needed.

He was a caster with low energy, and had no damage protection worth noting with only 15 armor

100 armor is ~25% damage reduction! and now he can actually spam out his CC

Sure, 200 energy is a ridiculousulously high number, but the energy buff was something he needed.

the only thing that made loki prime unique was that he had the highest energy cap, then they go give volt prime that title and more.

it's not so much that i disagree with you, just that they are giving new primes more upgrades than they deserve

the energy boost is nice yes, but he should've received a stamina boost or increase in sprint speed. volt isn't mean to tank, he is best played as a support running around stunning targets while offering cover (shields) to his team where necessary

the only thing that made loki prime unique was that he had the highest energy cap, then they go give volt prime that title and more.

it's not so much that i disagree with you, just that they are giving new primes more upgrades than they deserve

the energy boost is nice yes, but he should've received a stamina boost or increase in sprint speed. volt isn't mean to tank, he is best played as a support running around stunning targets while offering cover (shields) to his team where necessary

Thing is, 100 armor is not tank worthy, hell, no one but chroma and Valkyr have armor worthy of being called tanks without abilities. Volt is still a back line support mage.

To me, it sounds like you're just a bit sour about Loki losing highest energy title. Trust me, I'm also sad to see it go, but to be completely honest, there was nothing they could boost on him except the energy, and even the 175 base is extremely powerful on him. Loki is in a great place, and his Prime is a modification on near perfection in this game.

Haven't gotten him yet, but I need. NEED. I mostly use Volt, having him as a Prime finally is honestly so exciting. Unfortunately not having a lot of luck with the towers and I'm still without a chassis and blueprint.

He got buffed in all the right places. I already love how much of a beast he is with my current mods, I can't wait to see what the Prime version would be like.

My first frame.

a caster frame.

low damage

Barely able to spam his cc skill

Need to build him towards survivability or he suck. So with low damage and all he still suck.

so yeah the prime version is nice.

Now he can cc and run freely

unless you have a good weapon you won't be doing much.