Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait.. What Valkyr ? Why :/

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

Valkyr prime could exist with all of the same powers. They would most likely prime the powers like they do other Warframes but Valkyr's would probably get the animations changed along with the visual effects.

Ripline = No change.

Warcry = Little to no change. Warriors do Warcries to get their allies pumped and to frighten enemies.

Paralysis = No change.

Hysteria = Would get the biggest prime changes. Instead of spawning energy claws she would likely spawn energy swords, energy sword and shield, or whatever weapons DE feels fit from their source for Valkyries. Animation would probably be changed to something less animalistic. I'd imagine something like the movie 300.

Edited by EmptyDevil

We Could get a 'standalone' prime version of her, with the abilities she had before Salad Experimented on her?

The problem what that is it wouldn't sell; most people who buy Prime Access for a Warframe are most likely people who already enjoy said Warframe's playstyle.

Ripline = No change.

Hysteria = Would get the biggest prime changes. Instead of spawning energy claws she would likely spawn energy swords, energy sword and shield, or whatever weapons DE feels fit from their source for Valkyries.

I agree on Ripline, because it's what makes Valkyr extremely fun to play in terms of mobility IMO.

Giving a Valkyr Prime an ultimate that allows her to use some innate energy-based swords or similar things is not bad, just the word hysteria and the other parts of that ability don't really fit into the picture of a pre-torture Valkyr. IMO, that is.

I'd still say "Keep ripline and redo the rest of the kit from scratch."

The problem what that is it wouldn't sell; most people who buy Prime Access for a Warframe are most likely people who already enjoy said Warframe's playstyle.

Valid point, however Valkyr would be an opportunity to make at least one truly unique Prime. I already suggested that additionaly, DE could release a skin for regular Valkyr that features her complete armor without Corpus-bits on it. May be give that skin a slight boost on shield-strength so it simulates the slight stat-upgrade Primes tend to get.

Maybe the original one was like Mesa(since they share the body model and somehow Alad keeps managing to capture the same bodytype of frames, that's twice now normal and infested). What if original's ultimate was some sort of ranged weapon, like a machine gun or a bow or something.....

And when ranged guys get cornered they pull out their melee weapons(or so it's like that in most games/films) :P

Edited by kiteohatto

All they have to do is either say that Salad V found both versions and messed with both or just not mention lore and just put out a prime.

They will either put out a prime version as she is or she won't have a prime version, no way they will redo all her abilities.

The thing with Valkyr is almost all her outter armor was ripped off and half her helmet was removed.  She would look totally different and play totally different.

If they put out a prime version that was a totally different frame it would defeat the whole idea of making a prime version.

None of the lore seems to be set in stone so they can do pretty much anything they like.

Edited by Spindle99

Maybe the original one was like Mesa(since they share the body model and somehow Alad keeps managing to capture the same bodytype of frames, that's twice now normal and infested). What if original's ultimate was some sort of ranged weapon, like a machine gun or a bow or something.....

And when ranged guys get cornered they pull out their melee weapons(or so it's like that in most games/films) :P

same bodymodel? May be the same size and proportions, but Mesa and Valkyr are entirely different...

also, Mesa doesn't take out melee-weapons when cornered (she even gets a health-bonus if you don't equip a regular melee-weapon on her)

https://www.warframe.com/game/warframes/valkyr

First line says "forged in the labs in the zanuka project."

Believe me I don't want her to be a "product" of the corpus. Just wanna make sure

Dont believe everything you see on that, DE does need to fix that

The corpus didnt MAKE her. Corpus nor the grineer have the technology TO BUILD A WARFRAME.....Common sense on that bit.

Also i believe we had an event REVOLVED around Saving Valkyr from the corpus. Stating that she was capture in a cryopod, and Alad V tortured and experimented on her.

Her end result was "forged in a corpus lab" but thats purely based around being fancy with the wording.

Valkyr wasnt made by the corpus, the corpus messed her up and she escaped after we saved her. 

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Profanity

same bodymodel? May be the same size and proportions, but Mesa and Valkyr are entirely different...

also, Mesa doesn't take out melee-weapons when cornered (she even gets a health-bonus if you don't equip a regular melee-weapon on her)

They share the exact same body model.

Im talking about movies and other games where archers get cornered then they pull out a dagger to fight, etc :P Not talking about what Mesa does.

They share the exact same body model.

They're still entirely different Warframes. The only reason why you might bring this up is because both have innate physical weapons on active ultimate, and both have been subjects to Alad V. That still bears no real impact or relevance towards a possible Valkyr Prime IMO.

They're still entirely different Warframes. The only reason why you might bring this up is because both have innate physical weapons on active ultimate, and both have been subjects to Alad V. That still bears no real impact or relevance towards a possible Valkyr Prime IMO.

They really don't, Mesa has broader shoulders and looks to have wider hips. Not to mention Mesa's thumb is MUCH different compared to Valkyr ACTUAL thumb - that alone damns them to be different.

No really, imagine having Valkyr Prime use Hysteria and just bursting into maniacal laughter or just giving a joyous exclamation as she charges herself up to engage all enemies around her and, basically, get off on ripping them limb from limb.

At least, that would be the blood-knight, the "heroic warrior" would have a sort of "leading the way" type cries, but that's boring so give us the blood knight DE!

Honestly the one thing that I think current Valkyr should have that a prime variant wouldn't is the vocalized screams/shouts. I mean compare to Rhino's Roar, it's not a literal shout vocalization and given that the tenno are usually mute (at least in the presence of their enemies) I think Valkyr having a voice is the result of the corpus torture breaking the stoic silence of her. 

Im talking about this. Mesa is just a coat wearing Valkyr as far as the body model goes, they match 100%. Click to zoom.

J6Z0bZA.jpg

eF4P6VK.jpg

Edited by kiteohatto

It is true she was captured, tortured, and experimented on.

However, it is NOT true that she cannot be Primed. The statement that she was "made by the Corpus" is a misinterpretation of what happened to her - she wasn't built by the Corpus and gained her powers through a Warframe they forged, she had her already-existing Warframe powers twisted and perverted into what they are now by the aforementioned tortures.

It's at this juncture you run into two types of people: those that think she was a completely different frame before and those that think she simply had her powers altered to be fueled by her rage and pain as they are now.

I am in the latter category, given again the Corpus and Grineer simply don't have the technology to create a Warframe from scratch like that. Whatever Valkyr Prime's visual aesthetic will be, I bet on her "audio aesthetic" (her battle cries and whatnot) being one of two things: honorable valkyrie warrior, or battle-lusting blood knight.

I'm of this mindset, and even take it a bit further: Who is to say that, given what we know about Tenno/Warframes from the Ember and Rhino Prime Codices, that Valkyr hasn't always been a little unhinged, a berserker, and even the Orokin needed to keep her constrained. Valkyr may have been the best test subject because she was already bound by Orokin restraints, which Alad slowly replaced with his own to learn to control Warframes.

I think, when primed, her powerset will be functionally identical, merely thematically different.

Honestly the one thing that I think current Valkyr should have that a prime variant wouldn't is the vocalized screams/shouts. I mean compare to Rhino's Roar, it's not a literal shout vocalization and given that the tenno are usually mute (at least in the presence of their enemies) I think Valkyr having a voice is the result of the corpus torture breaking the stoic silence of her. 

Eh, maybe. Of course it's always important to remember the separation between the Tenno (the player character) and the Warframe (part of the equipment) they wear. Why exactly a Tenno never experimented on can don the Valkyr Warframe and have the same hate and rage is currently unknown (though I have my theories), but I've always thought of those cries being more the frame and less the Tenno.

Im talking about this. Mesa is just a coat wearing Valkyr as far as the body model goes, they match 100%. Click to zoom.

J6Z0bZA.jpg

eF4P6VK.jpg

Unless the coat has THAT much padding in the shoulders, no it's not, they slope down more compared to Mesa's more rigid, broad-shouldered look. And consider the mechanical thumbs on the Mesa frame - which are replaced by thumbs very much belonging to the Valkyr frame with Valkyr. Those facts point to them as being two separate frames of different origins.

Plus Mesa is wearing fairly tall high heels to give her a little height boost, which JUST makes her line up with Valkyr. Without them she'd be shorter, and means no match.

Edited by Morec0

Eh, maybe. Of course it's always important to remember the separation between the Tenno (the player character) and the Warframe (part of the equipment) they wear. Why exactly a Tenno never experimented on can don the Valkyr Warframe and have the same hate and rage is currently unknown (though I have my theories), but I've always thought of those cries being more the frame and less the Tenno.

Unless the coat has THAT much padding in the shoulders, no it's not, they slope down more compared to Mesa's more rigid, broad-shouldered look. And consider the mechanical thumbs on the Mesa frame - which are replaced by thumbs very much belonging to the Valkyr frame with Valkyr. Those facts point to them as being two separate frames of different origins.

Plus Mesa is wearing high heels to give her a little height boost, which JUST makes her line up with Valkyr. Without them she'd be shorter, and means no match.

The padding is thick. Valkyr is pretty much in a spandex body suit, where as Mesa has clothes and a coat on. Look at the thigh gap, waist, chest, head and feet. Things like thumbs are minor details in comparison.

The padding is thick. Valkyr is pretty much in a spandex body suit, where as Mesa has clothes and a coat on. Look at the thigh gap, waist, chest, head and feet. Things like thumbs are minor details in comparison.

Not really.

GunslingerFinal.jpg

See how those thumbs line up with the guns? THAT'S how it works. THAT'S A PART of the frame, it's a COMPLETELY different design with a COMPLETELY different functionality compared to Valkyy'rs regular spike thumbs.

Not to mention, as you said, Valkyr is a stripped-down frame but the two line up PERFECTLY. Either the pattern and color of her body is like that just a few milimeters down or Valkyr had more to her before being dissected, because the skins sure as hell don't match up in design.

Also, look again at Valkyr's shoulder:

BerserkerPromo.jpg

See that little curving protrusion on each one? Where on Mesa down that show up? It's far too prominent to have been hidden under anything, and is connected to the arm in a way that Mesa's poncho is not. 

They aren't the same, man. The evidence is clear that they came from different sources.

Those other details? I'm sure we'd find them between a lot of the similarly-sized male or other female frames as well if we put them into the same stances.