Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any "robocraft" Players Here?

KidMemphis

Been an "on again; off again" RoboCraft player for a little over a year now and seeing as there's little for me to do in Warframe at the time being, I've gone back to RoboCraft and they've added tons of content since I last played.

Anyone else here play Robocraft? Might be interested in forming a squad if anyone's interested. I'm currently running Tier 9, but I don't mind building lower Tier robots if needed.

Ye I used to play it, my computer is broke so I can't for the time being but that game is coming along really nicely 

I heard they added some highly invasive anticheat to the game, so I'm never touching it again.

You bother doing any more research before completely writing of a game? 

Ye I used to play it, my computer is broke so I can't for the time being but that game is coming along really nicely 

You bother doing any more research before completely writing of a game? 

I looked at a ton of Steam reviews, ON THE PAGE OF THE GAME, before deciding not to re-install it.

Also:

Yep.

It's a keylogger and chat saver.

I wanted to play it, but now I will not be touching it.

So yeah, I did research. I didn't just see ONE review before writing it off.

Have you actually looked at the reviews, Icarus?

I heard they added some highly invasive anticheat to the game, so I'm never touching it again.

I've heard both ways, but I've yet to have a problem with it. I did notice, however, that the number of aimbot users has dropped substantially from when I started playing the game.

Eh. I played it for a bit. It doesn't feel very good to actually play.

The fact that a dude can spend real money to buy a t4 railgun and then skim it into a t1 or t2 game is crap.

I don't care if you can earn things by playing for hours upon hours; the game is pay to win.

I've dabbled in it. I'm rank.. seven i think, six, something like that.

Yeah i heard that too then i did some research and found out it's not that invasive at all, only runs while you play the game after all. I wouldn't call that invasive. It's just to stop cheaters.

the concept had promise. i played it now and then for a few months when it was fairly new to the market.

like say, World of Tanks, a concept that could be genuinely beneficial to the Industry as a whole.

but... they ruined it. Engines that are awful for what they're trying to accomplish, Balance that... is questionable (ugh the built in exploits in World of Tanks, don't even get me started), a clunky and bad feeling overall, basically.

both of these games actually share some similar issues here. the Engines (and physics settings) both are using, are very... floaty, clunky, artificial feeling, Et Cetera. like driving on a surface that was like Ice and quick sand at the same time.

Input Latency that makes me cringe. especially for Robocraft. forced to render at 60FPS, which would be okay, except the Input Latency is atrocious.

networking and connectivity performance that leaves quite a bit to be desired. (such as rubberbanding and warping)

inconsistent visuals. (ohhemmgee look at this 'HD' is not required for games, mostly just being consistent with visual quality)

business models (i.e. grind bars) that are rather insulting.

World of Tanks actually punishes Vehicles that aren't upgraded (inverse scaling proportions, as you buy more Upgrades, the vehicle will fight 'easier' Enemies) and Armor since it left Closed Beta being a joke and not working correctly at all.

and Robocraft just having a not fun amount of grinding before you can create one 'complete' vehicle. your first idea to create N thing? good luck, see you in a month or two when you finally finish that one idea.

tl;dr - i played it once upon a time, and had high hopes for the concept, but the Development Team either doesn't have enough experience (or observing the rest of the Industry and learning) or is just somewhat incompetent.