Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On Customising Valkyr

Okadi

Hey, I'd like to post some feedback on Valkyr and suggest a few things that could be improved or changed.

As my favourite Warframe, I put a lot of time into customising Valkyr, so I'd like to point out some things that I noticed when colouring her.

---

First of all, I feel Valkyr should have a second slot for syandanas, for equipping her unique syandana. I use Valkyr's bonds as my syandana, but I'd also like to use my other syandana, like I did before I had the bonds.

6104126f644bf47963f7cd9271c6251e.png3a2141f3e6e5249f0feeb00865315e1b.png

This is because the bonds, compared to the other available syandanas, don't occupy the space on Valkyr's back, rather, Valkyr's bonds seem more like an accessory that should be separate.

---

Second, when using Valkyr's default skin, the Corpus attachments on her arms are a grey colour that can't be recoloured. While I don't mind not being able to recolour these, I would like to point out that as of U16, on the immortal skin I can. The Corpus attachments use her primary colour.

fe83405319e02d21b631933dff854f20.png4936823850d466fab7f7e84a3c30060e.png

As you can see, the Corpus attachments on the immortal skin are coloured black.

Personally, I prefer them being their old grey colour or would at least prefer them to coloured from a different or even unique slot.

---

Another colour related thing I'd like to point out is that the bonds syandana draws from two of Valkyr's tint colours, and they can't be recoloured separately like any other accessory. They look good, so it doesn't affect much, but it would be nice to be able to recolour them another way, purple and white bonds on a blue and black Valkyr for instance.

---

Finally, a minor issue I noticed earlier.

90521370184e796c6dab93245056cfcb.png

When idling with Mirage's noble animations, Valkyr's hand clips through her hip!

---

That's all I can think of concerning Valkyr that I'd like to point out, I'd love to see any changes related to any of these!

I feel that the body part, sold as syandana was an awful and desperate way to gather income. And everyone that got it, should get a refund and it made as something already part of valkyr.

Opposed to Valkyr having another slot for syandanas.

Being that I main a Valkyr above all else, my thoughts on this are...

Ahhhh, no.

I love the bonds, but some customization sets I have on Valkyr wouldn't work with bonds.

Edited by WingedCrusade

1. I honestly wouldn't use a syandana one her. I like seeing her exposed back, it add to her theme and it's interesting to look at unlike most frame's backs.

2. That's neat. As long as the Corpus bits get PBR on them and are just as reflective as some of the Corpus weapon, I wouldn't care. I actually like having uncolorable parts on my warframe... I know I'm in the minority with that one haha.

3. They can't fix this.. or at least won't. Mirage's waist is so tiny compared to all the other frames that they would have to offset the hand for 21 other frames that's 21 extra anim files just for a single stance. I highly doubt they would do that, it was meant for mirage so it only fits her tiny figure. I see this complain when it is used with literally every other frame.

1: What I propose for this is to make the bonds 'shoulder armor' that you get by default when making Valkyr, like some parts on Prime warframes.

2: A lot of other immortal skins give you more colourable sections on your Warframe. I like this, and wish to keep it as is.

3: Problems with clipping are absolutely everywhere, so why pay so much attention to this specific one?

1: What I propose for this is to make the bonds 'shoulder armor' that you get by default when making Valkyr, like some parts on Prime warframes.

Which would mean those of us who like to put both her shoulder armor and her bonds on would get robbed.

Which would mean those of us who like to put both her shoulder armor and her bonds on would get robbed.

It's an alternate suggestion. I don't like it myself, but making an entirely new cosmetic slot for something only one warframe currently has is not something I'm expecting DE to do.

It's an alternate suggestion. I don't like it myself, but making an entirely new cosmetic slot for something only one warframe currently has is not something I'm expecting DE to do.

I hear you on that. Way I see it we have a few different frames with a unique cosmetic piece that this slot could be for.

Valkyr's and Nekro's sandyanas aren't really on their back so they could potentially still wear a regular one.

And Chroma's pelt is a whole new thing. It also opens up options for DE to add unique pieces to any older warframes if they so chose.

Like choice in cod piece for rhino? ha! not really that but you know what I mean....

What if it was available as either?  Allow Valkyr's Bonds as a Syandana and Valkyr's Bonds as right and left shoulder armour.  That way players can have her without the bonds at all or with them as their syandana and their choice of armour or they will be able to choose to replace one or both shoulder armours with a set of cables and use whatever Syandana they want.

As to the colourable Corpus bits, My main issue is that it is on Primary, which I liked having as black so they looked terrible and I had to switch Primary and Secondary around to maintain my pallet while having detail on the corpus extras but, more importantly, the Corpus parts on the legs are often on an area of Primary colour.  If you look at the screenshots in the opening post you'll see that the Corpus parts at the top of her knee, the sides of her shins and across the top of her foot are all black on black.  Even after changing the Primary they are still not as noticeable as they use to be.  They blend into her leg rather than looking like the intrusive foreign implants they are.