The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"coptering Is Staying" Says De

Mukade

Because it is the true way of ninjas, to be able to launch themselves at ridiculous speeds by swinging their weapons around in a spastic fashion. 

Remember the whole deal with "Rhino is the heaviest of all the warframes"? Also, remember Tipedo?

The Tipedo demands focus from those wishing to unlock its true power.

It's true power is that Tipedo can send the heaviest and slowest of warframes flying across the map with a single swing. And even further, with a combination of a slide and aerial attacks.

Remember the Spy 2.0 missions, when you have to carefully time your jumps and wallrun to avoid the security laser grid and not trigger the alarms? Well, don't fret, as you can easily fling yourself over that pit full of security lasers with a swing of Tipedo or some other coptering weapon of choice.

The slide attack should stay, of course. What it should stay as is a stamina-costly, slow windup, slow wakeup special attack which can hit a few enemies in front of warframe, or knock them off their feet when used with martial weapons — while moving the warframe slightly forward, regardless of the weapon's attack speed. Aerial attack should not be used to gain momentum or as a second jump, it's an attack which is best used against airborne enemies, or for scoring precise melee headshots on tall enemies. I would rather have warframes be able to do a Devil May Cry-ish second jump by generating some sort of magnetic field under their feet in the air, that would look cool at least.

We already have enough means of moving around quickly. Even more than we need. Did you know how far and fast can you kick off the wall if you time your wallrun correctly? That's some Neotokyo stuff here. The good stuff.

Some warframes are privileged with abilities which set them apart from the others, allow them to cover great distances quickly. But as long as coptering exists, it doesn't matter if you're a Zephyr, Loki or a Rhino.

Nobody even needs to spend energy on Rhino's Charge or Loki's Decoy Swap when you can move around with ease by coptering. Why would we even need Parkour 2.0 at this point?

Coptering has to go.

"Coptering is staying, but stamina cost and fling range may be adjusted."

https://warframe.com/news/devstream-49-overview

Edited by Mukade

I agree. I'm hoping that these changes make coptering less of the mobility tool it became and more of the offensive melee attack it was meant to be.

Don't like coptering? Don't do it. 

Get left behind and killed by mass enemies in every non-Defense mission ever.

Edited by Morec0

They should clean the animation and make it proper feature.

Coptering is the salvation on an otherwise very boring slow game, full of punishments for running and moving ninja speed.

Too bad the aeriel melee attack isnt as good as they promised, and also many are still waiting for heavy melees to be able to copter and air melee just as far and fast the rest of the weapons, since most ppl just decides to ignore melees that are slow just cause they arent good for speed movement.

My reaper prime and hate still are gaining dust and webs from being so long in the attic.

Edited by 7grims

I'm not convinced that there is a problem.

Maybe if you convinced us that there was some reason why going slow is better than going fast...

Because the moment you can zip past enemies without even having to engage any of them is the moment challenge drops to zero. And a game without challenge is no fun. And a game without fun is pointless.

Because do you actually have fun coptering over using your abilities and weapons? Or is it just catapulting you from room to room because it's faster than walking or using the above mentioned abilities and their for mobility?

Edited by Morec0

Maybe if you convinced us that there was some reason why going slow is better than going fast...

Removes incentive to use other mobility tools within the game (abilities that revolve around mobility as well,) dampens the game by having most players use one particular melee weapon simply because it can copter better than others (which isn't that big of a deal, but it revolves around which is best at coptering,) and has a buggy animation that will launch you even further on some occasions.

I didn't say going slow is better than going fast. Please don't put words into my mouth.

Edited by Xiusa

Because the moment you can zip past enemies without even having to engage any of them is the moment challenge drops to zero. And a game without challenge is no fun. And a game without fun is pointless.

Because do you actually have fun coptering over using your abilities and weapons? Or is it just catapulting you from room to room because it's faster than walking or using the above mentioned abilities and their for mobility?

Then don't do it, and have fun dying, a game about speed and getting to the objective without getting distracted by enemies is pretty much like a true ninja game. Most of the time "real" ninja's "supposedly" try to not kill everything and only go after the target.

Edited by Karukiku

Thank goodness, im not particulary abusing this feature, but i'd feel sad if it will be removed, it comes very handy sometimes when map shows some crazy misleading routes and you need quickly cross a gap between two bridges.

See, that's the problem. Warframe is not Cloudbuilt, it's not a game which revolves around moving through the level as fast as you can. Or in this case, flinging yourself over the map from point A to point B and occasionally shooting things in between.

It's a game about space cyber ninjas with guns. They get different objectives on their missions, and when there's a need to move fast, each of them has the means to do so. Without the coptering.

Edited by Mukade

They should simply remove it and give us some alternate ways of fast movement with parcour 2.0...

Dont put your hopes up.

Aeriel attacks was already an improvement and a alternative solution, it failed short.

- The last time they touched stamina as they say they gonna do soon, it was a disaster, and a complete revolt in the forums, in less then 24h they reverted it and apologized, because it was almost a mass rage and quite of the game.

- aeriel attack was also promised to be as good as coptering, and that it could project you as far and as well as coptering it never was.

So yah, I do hope they actually make a proper work on it, cause we dont noticed it, but this game is ridiculous, we spent most of the time OCD pushing the control button in the hopes of saving some little stamina by sliding.

De is always forward on pushing for improving, but the end results are never as they promised, nor they solve anything, its like a self-sabotage disorder they have. 

Edited by 7grims

I seriously dont understand what the issue is with coptering.

If there was no coptering people would complain that there are faster warframes than others. And they were completely right. It would be super unfair towards slower frames like Frost to remove coptering. They simply wouldnt be able to catch up to their teammates with their slow run speed.

Coptering is easy. Everyone can do it with little training.

When coptering is being removed some skilled people will use wall flings and other upcoming movement techniques to outrun people who can not handle it. So basically coptering is a kind of ballance allowing people with less movement skills to be able to compete with skilled players. Once it gets removed the outcry will be even bigger because those who complain about coptering will complain even more when they get outskilled ( especially in PvP ).

Removing coptering will not improve anything for anyone - I expect it would even have a worse impact on those who cry for it for whatever reason.

Edited by AdFinitum

How else am I supposed to catch up after opening all the conteiners?

Make use of your warframe's abilities, like Rhino's Charge, Excalibur's Slash, Ash's Teleport etc. Use the kicking off the wall trick. Also, run.

When parkour 2.0 will come out, and IF the system is made in a correct way the arguments for it's removal will make sense. Right now coptering is vital for many players due to the clunkyness of the system. 

Removing coptering right now without any appropriate ''compensation'' would be a huge mistake. 

I seriously dont understand what the issue is with coptering.

If there was no coptering people would complain that there are faster warframes than others. And they were completely right. It would be super unfair towards slower frames like Frost to remove coptering. They simply wouldnt be able to catch up to their teammates with their slow run speed.

Coptering is easy. Everyone can do it with little training.

When coptering is being removed some skilled people will use wall flings and other upcoming movement techniques to outrun people who can not handle it. So basically coptering is a kind of ballance allowing people with less movement skills to be able to compete with skilled players. Once it gets removed the outcry will be even bigger because those who complain about coptering will complain even more when they get outskilled ( especially in PvP ).

Removing coptering will not improve anything for anyone - I expect it would even have a worse impact on those who cry for it for whatever reason.

Sprint speed differences need to be reduced, but no one is complaining because coptering is too hard. Also, wall-flings will be removed hopefully as well.

Using this logic, couldn't I argue that the presence of coptoring is equally unfair to fast Warframes like Loki, who aren't able to properly utilitze their strengths?

Make use of your warframe's abilities, like Rhino's Charge, Excalibur's Slash, Ash's Teleport etc. Use the kicking off the wall trick. Also, run.

But those use energy and you might find yourself in a situation where you needed the energy and kicking off the wall requires specific terrain so no, either give me another way to move fast or keep coptering in the game.

Sprint speed differences need to be reduced, but no one is complaining because coptering is too hard. Also, wall-flings will be removed hopefully as well.

Why remove wall fling? Isn't it part of the parkour system? What you guys want is to reduce every action in the game to walk speed?