The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Didn't I Play This Game Sooner?

thehotsung8701A

My friends kept telling me to download and install Warframe because it good, but I was like meh.  Despite looking at screenshots, I figure it was another arena combat 4 X 4 hack n slash/run n gun sort of in the mold of GunZ so I never bother to look at it until now......

Boy, was I so wrong.  This game is PVE!!!!  It has the mass effect feel to it, while being better than mass effect.  It is nothing like I expected and I'm blown away by the massive amount of contents in this game.  It has more replay value and game-play than a normal AAA titles.  

I been interested in Bungie Destiny game, but reading wiki, it turn out Destiny copy this game, and Warframe is way better than Destiny.  Make me feel pretty stupid that the right game for me is not only free but right in front of my fingertip this whole time.  I do plan on supporting this game once there is a sale like I do with League of Legends.  

I do find the tutorial lack-luster and even after reading countless steam user guide, watching youtube tutorial, and reading the wiki, there are still lots of things I don't understand and there is so many things to do in this game that it is overwhelming for a new player like myself.  

I was told a month before I joined (December 2013 - 1), that I should download this game and try it out. I, like you, said "Meh."

And look where I am now. Still here after this long.

Welcome to the Forums.

It was the name that threw me off.  I didn't know what Warframe meant at that time.  Other F2P shooter game like Warface, etc... are average at best and I been burn out by too many of those games.  If it not pay 2 win, then it hacker infested.  Destiny by Bungie was a name that sound interesting and since it was Bungie, it was easy to follow along.  But Warframe absolutely make sense now that I know exactly what it mean. 

My friends kept telling me to download and install Warframe because it good, but I was like meh.  Despite looking at screenshots, I figure it was another arena combat 4 X 4 hack n slash/run n gun sort of in the mold of GunZ so I never bother to look at it until now......

Boy, was I so wrong.  This game is PVE!!!!  It has the mass effect feel to it, while being better than mass effect.  It is nothing like I expected and I'm blown away by the massive amount of contents in this game.  It has more replay value and game-play than a normal AAA titles.  

I been interested in Bungie Destiny game, but reading wiki, it turn out Destiny copy this game, and Warframe is way better than Destiny.  Make me feel pretty stupid that the right game for me is not only free but right in front of my fingertip this whole time.  I do plan on supporting this game once there is a sale like I do with League of Legends.  

I do find the tutorial lack-luster and even after reading countless steam user guide, watching youtube tutorial, and reading the wiki, there are still lots of things I don't understand and there is so many things to do in this game that it is overwhelming for a new player like myself.

. They re-invest in content and game improvements at a remarkable pace rather than advertising dollars. In some ways they rely on a revenue model that is more of an organic annuity business.

Welcome to the best community in gaming!

Until the game gets big enough to attract the Diablo 3 locusts that go from game to game and bomb the forums with "X company is greedy" and "X company doesn't care or listen to the players" and "X game is dead" threads.

For now, it looks pretty tame though!

I've been playing since the open beta started two years ago and managed to get all of my friends to at least try it out. We all love the hell out of this game; and there was no tutorial back then either. The game is more accessible than ever now and it looks better with every update.

If I had heard about the game earlier, I probably would have even bought into the closed beta.

It has the mass effect feel to it, while being better than mass effect.

stop. warframe is a Mass Effect + Dead Space copy that failed hard. please never say that again. Better than Mass Effect...oh my god..wait till you play a bit more than u realize