Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa's Powers Rework/replacement.

BurningTrees

Everyone knows, or at least will soon know, that Mesa's second and third ability are absolute trash. They fail to function as intended as well as fail to synergize with her other abilities. I hear talk of just straight buffing Shooting Gallery and Shatter shield but I feel that would a waste of Mesa's potential. They should be replaced with something more functional.

Shooting Gallery Replacement: Shooting gallery fails to add a decent weapon buff to yourself, your teammates, and any proper cc. Concussion grenades or flash bangs would be a possible substitute. They are both ascetically and logically a better choice. Mesa is covered in small capsules that look like grenades and the ability to actually Mesa's enemies would drastically increase her survivalbility. To add a weapon buff, stun/blinded enemies could take more damage from gunfire. These grenades should be range focused, range adding to the distance they're thrown and to the blast radius of the grenade. However, the tun has to be locked with a specific duration (maybe increased with a higher level) to prevent it from being weakened from fleeting expertise and transient fortitude.

Shatter Shield Replacement: Shatter shield is the unwanted child of Trinity's link and Rhino's iron skin and does a horrible job of being like either. Instead of having some crap shiny aura, have a point defense shield, similar to Volt's electric shield. The difference from this new shield and Volt's is that Mesa can take it with her, acting like a disposable riot shield. The shield would face in one direction, acting similar to what shatter shield does now (reflecting and absorbing gun fire) and really only Mesa would directly benefit from having the shield up. I would have her move at a slower speed whilst up but Mesa should be able to use a secondary or one of her Regulator Pistols. This new shield would best function is based off of strength and range mods. Strength increasing the durability of the shield, chance of reflection, and the strength of the reflected damage. Range would inherently make the shield larger, protecting more of Mesa (and maybe fellow Tenno behind her.)

I've played Mesa personally and she has great potential but is just stuck with useless powers. i'm not asking for godlike powers, just something different that may help her be more usable is different situations.

Shatter Shield gives 80% damage reduction (up to 95%) to all bullet and projectile damage sources... I do not see the issue here.

This. Shatter Shield is a terrific ability as is and synergies very well with her kit.

Shooting Gallery could use a bit of love though.

You're so painfully wrong I stopped reading after one sentence. Move along, people, this guy has clearly not actually played Mesa yet.

On a serious note, Shatter Shield makes her near invincible, and Shooting Gallery is a wonderful stun, if you can get up close with enemies.

Again, you're seemingly just bashing your keyboard with really uneducated words that make you seem kind of dumb.

End of rant. Enjoy your day, ... Tenno.

I stopped reading there, I don´t think you really know what you are talking about....

Do you play Mesa with Overextended? lmao

If he did, I'd be laughing even harder. Painfully hard, actually, like, crushing my ribs kind of hard.

Mesa has one of the strongest damage mitigation abilities in the game, a decent CC/team buff in her two that can be further augmented with more CC by Muzzle Flash augment, and her ult mows just about anything down. Only thing that might be weak is her 1, and its pretty decent for what it does/can be used for.

You have no idea what you're talkin' about.

There is nothing trash about a 95% damage reduction, shooting gallery i'll admit needs a bit of work (a better mechanic than the switching for example). your suggestion for shatter shield is just a straight up nerf and would behave more poorly than volt's shield which you criticize shatter shield for doing when compared to iron skin (Shatter shield is waaaaay better than Iron Skin btw) and link, so i dont really get your logic here. Building mesa as a tank is one of the best ways to build Mesa.

Im not against reworking or revisiting a frame, but your purposed changes just seem like you spent 5 minutes playing a level 10 mesa, then spent half that coming up with these "reworks"

I love the idea of a grenadier frame and I want to see one but...

Everyone knows, or at least will soon know, that Mesa's second and third ability are absolute trash. They fail to function as intended as well as fail to synergize with her other abilities. I hear talk of just straight buffing Shooting Gallery and Shatter shield but I feel that would a waste of Mesa's potential. They should be replaced with something more functional.

Shooting Gallery Replacement: Shooting gallery fails to add a decent weapon buff to yourself, your teammates, and any proper cc. 

Shatter Shield Replacement: Shatter shield is the unwanted child of Trinity's link and Rhino's iron skin and does a horrible job of being like either. 

I solo mesa long into T4 Survivals with only vigor equipped for health and shields...

because of how strong the combination of shattersheild's defense against ranged enemies and shooting  galleries CC to close enemies is.

The real problem with shooting gallery is that jumps between allies randomly.

That is the thing that just doesn't work for her.

Edited by Ronyn

for me shooting gallery doesn't work fast enough, you have to wait for it to circle you and fire out its lines, so putting overextend on her is real bad, since she's a dps frame. I also have an issue with her 1 ability, it should super charge the next 5-10 not  just 1 single shot -___-. Shooting gallery needs to work faster, and it needs to drop that switch mechanic and just needs to effect the whole team.

and how do you change muzzle flash in that case? simple, while shooting gallery is active, it'll release a blind aoe once per magazine.

I came here for the lulz and guess what i laughed

Her first ability can use a rework, and can use a 10 sec damage buff, where in those 10 secs u can also recharge the buff if there are enough enemies around thereby if ure fast enough you can actually be buffed all the time.

but the rest of her abilities are awesome 

OP, not to be mean, but I gotta say that you are dead wrong

However, if they (DE) could make her 4 more like the Diablo strafe Ability I would fall in love with her; it pretty much already is, just without the capability of moving while channeling

Even if DE would make it drain more energy for moving, I'd still fall in love with it