Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, I Decided To Read Mein Kampf... (Off Topic)

Renegade343

And after reading through a good portion of it, I have to say this: I am genuinely surprised.

I started reading this book with the expectation that I would just be reading a crazed man's delusions in words, but what was inside actually showed me the opposite. True, some of the conclusions and statements are nonsensical and biased, but there are a few gems that provoke some thought, such as his view on the mindset of the masses (and I get to understand how he came to hate the Jews, not through just finding a random scapegoat, but from his own observations of the place he lived in). 

Would I recommend reading this book? Probably, if you are not the easily persuaded type, for this book does have quite a few persuasive techniques. But generally, go and read it, for it does provide some food for thought. 

...Isn't that book like, forbidden to be read in most countries? I mean, I'd like to read it for the hell of it, maybe I'd get to see a world through another person's eyes, but I thought it was banned in most places.

My school library has a copy of it...

...Isn't that book like, forbidden to be read in most countries? I mean, I'd like to read it for the hell of it, maybe I'd get to see a world through another person's eyes, but I thought it was banned in most places.

What?? What country do you even live in? I can see why it could be banned but seriously... it's just a book.

I have four different versions of it.. oldest one being from 1948. 

Collection purpouses.

What?? What country do you even live in? I can see why it could be banned but seriously... it's just a book.

Mein Kampf is banned in some countries indeed. That's kinda unwise imo, but that's how it looks.

Banning a book is never a good idea

no matter what the content, you can always learn something from reading said book.

No man sees themselves as evil, and being able to look at someones motivations can help you to understand the decisions that they have made.