Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Strange Error Message Strict Nat Detected. Upnp Malfunctioning

Cosmic_Elf

Question

I am suddenly getting a strange error message since returning from the weekend when logging into the game,

I dont understand it.

It says "Strict NAT detected. UPnP malfunctioning. Please forward UDP ports 4950 and 4955 to an IP address...

The game still runs, but how do I stop this from popping up all the time I log in now ?

15 answers to this question

it depends on your Networking setups, make sure your PC has been set w/ a Static IP because sometimes even if UPnP is working well w/ your router, it'll break when it gives your PC a different internal IP it's a pain yea to be doing it manually. but doing so will minimize this will occur.

and if your home network has forwhatever the reason a "Router on router" Setup (some people using a router on a modern AIO Cable Modem or AIO DSL/ADSL Gateway there's no getting around it you haveto manually forward the ports to the IP the Router has then at the router that same port to the PC that's running Warframe.

if your not running a messed up Router on Router setup sometimes that error will go away by resetting your network (Power cycling the modem/router)

It happens to me rarely after some updates or hot fixes and then disappears one or two updates or hot fixes later. Just ignore it, going through all the port forwarding crap didn't fix it for me and many others (some it might have worked for, I won't pretend to know).

I have the same problem, and no weird router settings. Besides I manually forwarded the ports but I still get the message sometimes. Often when the game crashes, but I think that's the AMD bug they talk about (I have an ATI card).

I have the same problem, and no weird router settings. Besides I manually forwarded the ports but I still get the message sometimes. Often when the game crashes, but I think that's the AMD bug they talk about (I have an ATI card).

-snip- change the ports in-game.

Try that c:.

Ports 4950-4955 are very unstable the most of the time, but it is a pain in the *** to tell why it has problems.

Maybe an overload, who knows.

We and probably DE can't tell what is causing the problems.

But I can ensure you that it isn't grapics card related, that's for sure.

Try that c:.

Ports 4950-4955 are very unstable the most of the time, but it is a pain in the *** to tell why it has problems.

Maybe an overload, who knows.

We and probably DE can't tell what is causing the problems.

But I can ensure you that it isn't grapics card related, that's for sure.

Done, thanks.

change ports, do not use 4950-4955.

Reason for that,

Ports 4950 & 4955 are blocked by the most ISP companies out there.

the recent false profit event has put me off the game altogether.. :/ Thanks , but to sure how to change the ports if ever i should come back to playing warframe again.