Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forcing To Use Other Warframes?

Retrospark

I love playing Warframe and have always used Excalibur since I've ever started about 6 weeks ago, but I've been told (so far) that the best way to level master rank is to hit rank 30 with other warframes. If this is so, it frustrates me how we are forced to use other warframes to level mastery quickly. I love Excal and have never wanted to use another warframe, but with this method (again; what I've heard so far to level mastery quickly), I hate how it forces me to use other warframes. Is this true or is there another method to level mastery just as quick or in general.

Mastery is a measure of how much of the games content youve played, therefore if you only used excalibur, you will ony expericence that much contnet, and wont gain mastery.

Completeing things earns certain amounts

Frames/Archwings= 6,000 mastery

Weapons=3,000

You will also get some for completing the star map.

I can't believe that to get a higher "Mastery" rank that you would have to ...."master" something other than what you start with is such a surprise.  It's kind of in the name "Mastery Rank"...  

As others have said there are a lot of really cool frames to play with.  Don't get me wrong I liked old Excal also but in time you will learn to love others as well.

I apologize, but forgot to mention that-yes-you can use new weapons to level mastery, but that is why I made sure to mention *quickly*. I am rank 4 and trying to hit rank 5, but with leveling up new weapons, I feel it barely affects my mastery-rank meter. This is why I feel it forces me to use other warframes to level up mastery quickly.

It's your choice to whether or not you want to use another frame. You don't HAVE to level Warframes for affinity.  It's also your choice to whether or not to rush Mastery Levels and you are given a way to do so.  Besides, sooner or later you'll get bored of Excal and realize that other Warframes offer different varieties of fun.

My advice; don't rush everything, this is a good game to take it slow.

Edited by ExxeFrame

It's not to level mastery "quickly" it is the only way to level up mastery rank, i think it's a great idea, it invites players to try different frames and weapons, maybe you get a nice surprise and find a new favorite, after all this game is about having a big varied arsenal, you won't be able to succeed at every mission with just a excalibur and you might even become a burden to your team mates if you don't learn to adapt and change gear accordingly.

Edited by Orbister

As others have said above, you can continue to use Excalibur but also use new weapons. Leveling new weapons also increases mastery rank.

However, choosing to not level other Warframes means you are losing out on potential Mastery exp. It's a good experience to try out new Warframes. I'd recommend giving other ones a shot sometime.

Well, I'm mainly needing to level mastery to obtain certain weapons, but feel the only way to do so-again quickly-is to use other warframes. Quickly is the key here because maxing warframe ranks level your mastery the most? It takes forever any other way?! Also-as a side note-people are extremely sensitive when it comes to low rank players, but couldn't they be just as good (powerful) as high rank players because of mods, etc?

Even if you don't like other frames, they do offer more mastery points than just using new weapons which I suppose is an incentive to use them. Though, if you really like excal, I suggest burning through new frames and just never touching them again because no one can force you to use them. I personally don't like ash at all but I burned through his mastery and now he's sitting in the dust because I use nothing outside of a few select frames that I really enjoy.

But it's also good to have extra frames and weapons that could be used in particular situations just in case. Mastery rank isn't so much of a forced mechanic but rather an incentive to get people to try new things, even if they don't like them. At least then you can safely say, yeah, I don't like this and this but hey you may find new stuff you actually do like. I remember I played rhino for the longest time until I found trinity who I now main. On the other hand, like my ash, I don't use him at all but I have plenty of other options I can choose from. It keeps the game fresh and you can always go back to excal whenever you want.

But more often than not you don't have those things. No one expects you to show up decked out with corrupted mods.

Rhino Prime and Boltor Prime? Maybe, but definitely not something like a maxed serration and piercing calibur.

Edited by HyokaChan

Rank up sentinels, kubrows and AW

I feel sentinels, kubrows, etc are useless as they attack one enemy while you can attack many at a time. Granted they can have aoe mods equiped, but your warframe would kills the enemies a lot faster while your partner only distracts them (at high levels regarding staggering, etc). Sorry if this is confusing.

It's true that Warframes give you double the total mastery xp but there are only 30 Warframes (**** you excal prime), and around 200 weapons, archwings, and companions. 

Bro, you wanna level quickly?  How fast can you get to Draco?

Edited by KnotOfMetal

Even if you don't like other frames, they do offer more mastery points than just using new weapons which I suppose is an incentive to use them. Though, if you really like excal, I suggest burning through new frames and just never touching them again because no one can force you to use them. I personally don't like ash at all but I burned through his mastery and now he's sitting in the dust because I use nothing outside of a few select frames that I really enjoy.

But it's also good to have extra frames and weapons that could be used in particular situations just in case. Mastery rank isn't so much of a forced mechanic but rather an incentive to get people to try new things, even if they don't like them. At least then you can safely say, yeah, I don't like this and this but hey you may find new stuff you actually do like. I remember I played rhino for the longest time until I found trinity who I now main. On the other hand, like my ash, I don't use him at all but I have plenty of other options I can choose from. It keeps the game fresh and you can always go back to excal whenever you want.

I might do that considering I have thought in the past that that is my only option. I just don't want to waste credits, resources, or time.

It's true that Warframes give you double the total mastery xp but there are only 30 Warframes (**** you excal prime), and around 200 weapons, archwings, and companions. 

Bro, you wanna level quickly?  How fast can you get to Draco?

I do dracos just fine and it bothers me when people call me noobs or a troll just because of my rank (grow up people). This is what i mean by sensitive players.

This game feels completely Play to Win. You can trade platinum for mods with other players and literally have a maxed out warframe at rank 0 if you wanted (may have exaggerated). The ranking system is completely wack to me!? I understand this is my opinion and I don't mean to irritate or upset anyone, I just am trying to figure out the gist and work arounds for the ranking system.

I might do that considering I have thought in the past that that is my only option. I just don't want to waste credits, resources, or time.

That be how warframe be. The whole game's a massive time sink and excelling in MR does require the time, effort, and resources but that's how it goes. I remember leveling the spectra pre-buff and absolutely hated it - the weapon, in my opinion wasn't my thing and it required a forma which is a credit/resource sink but I leveled it anyway and tossed it soon after. I'm a few thousand points away from MR19 right now and yeah, it takes a lot to get there.

Don't worry about MR too much. It's useful for trades and getting new weapons. Anyone who calls you a noob for having a low MR is not someone whose opinion should be given a second thought. You'll always have people who will call you out but they are likely just elitist jerks/trolls who have nothing more than their MR to speak for.

It's not to level mastery "quickly" it is the only way to level up mastery rank, i think it's a great idea, it invites players to try different frames and weapons, maybe you get a nice surprise and find a new favorite, after all this game is about having a big varied arsenal, you won't be able to succeed at every mission with just a excalibur and you might even become a burden to your team mates if you don't learn to adapt and change gear accordingly.

See, I play for my own entertainment and not as a serious player. All my teammates or friends are accepting of my play style. Honestly, the way you described it are for people, I find (in my opinion, again), who are sensitive players who curse or harass other players kicking them or calling them noobs or trolls (which has happened on many occasions).

That be how warframe be. The whole game's a massive time sink and excelling in MR does require the time, effort, and resources but that's how it goes. I remember leveling the spectra pre-buff and absolutely hated it - the weapon, in my opinion wasn't my thing and it required a forma which is a credit/resource sink but I leveled it anyway and tossed it soon after. I'm a few thousand points away from MR19 right now and yeah, it takes a lot to get there.

Don't worry about MR too much. It's useful for trades and getting new weapons. Anyone who calls you a noob for having a low MR is not someone whose opinion should be given a second thought. You'll always have people who will call you out but they are likely just elitist jerks/trolls who have nothing more than their MR to speak for.

Well spoken *applauding*

See, I play for my own entertainment and not as a serious player. All my teammates or friends are accepting of my play style. Honestly, the way you described it are for people, I find (in my opinion, again), who are sensitive players who curse or harass other players kicking them or calling them noobs or trolls (which has happened on many occasions).

I am new like yourself but even in other games where I am veteran, I never do that to a new person.  However, I have never tried Excalibur yet but surely there must be other frame you want to play as?  I want to try them all.  Currently working on Zephyr and Banshee. 

I love playing Warframe and have always used Excalibur since I've ever started about 6 weeks ago, but I've been told (so far) that the best way to level master rank is to hit rank 30 with other warframes. If this is so, it frustrates me how we are forced to use other warframes to level mastery quickly. I love Excal and have never wanted to use another warframe, but with this method (again; what I've heard so far to level mastery quickly), I hate how it forces me to use other warframes. Is this true or is there another method to level mastery just as quick or in general.

MR is not everything. im MR 8 and am still able to keep up or do better than MR 18 people. level what you want and how you want.