Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Containers!

DiBBz

Do I need to scan containers to have a chance to make it a Rare one ?

No, they spawn regardless of scans of anything.

The reason several of us mention scans is that these things are rare enough to warrant documenting.

There is a trick for those who want to find the rare containers with some help.

Scan normal containers until it's listed in the codex and green (when you zoom with scanners)

Now run through a map, using the scanner (some missions like sab/spy make this easier, in and out) and when you see a orange container through the scanner you've got yourself a rare.

Important to note, DO.NOT.SCAN.IT.  if you wish to continue using this method.

Do not equip Helios or he will scan it.

If you fail to comply with the above, the rare containers will now be green and you will have to go back to the old method of literally using your eyes and walking everywhere.

I doubt they've had an actual rng change.

There's several things that make finding these things completely random.

I asume every crate has a rng roll on mission generation weither its ginna be a rare one or not.

And then you still have to stumble upon it among the hundreds of crates.

When they were first introduced, i found several of the. Now it's about 2 months ago since i last saw one untill yesterday.

I probably missed like half a dozen, simply cause i didn't go out of my why to search for them.

There has been one significant change to their RNG; they seem to have a near guarantee of spawning in the raid (I would guess 100% spawn with bugs making unreachable), with a normal chance of being Reinforced.

One thing i noticed about their location pattern it's that these containers always spawns on the same places where syndicate medallions appear during daily alerts, for corpus and grinner crates at least. Rare orokin containers don't follow this norm cause there aren't any syndicate alerts on the void/derelict tileset, on those maps the crates seems to show up on places where you find the supply caches on sabotage missions, or at least that's what i think, i only found 2 rare orokin containers so far and their locations where on places you would normally look for caches.

Like Kthal said, they were very recently introduced. Do you explore all the little secret caches? Cause that's where they spawn, not usually out on the open. Y'gotta go well off the beaten path, as DE is inordinately fond of saying.

I've gotten one reinforced in the void (Forma and Glaive Prime BP, woot!) and a rare Corpus one while breaking my Loki out of Alad V's clutches. I thought that was appropriate, taking a little something for my troubles.

When this containers appeared, it was needed 50 scans each.

Now it´s only 5.