Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Soma Sounds Back Please.

Zerkev

The old sound had more punch if you ask me.

Besides why change a perfectly sounding gun.

Don't think anyone was complaining about it before?

The old sound made it feel like it was trying to imitate an energy weapon. Poorly. Well, Soma Prime's.

Sounds great to me. Way more punchy.

^^^

Edited by Kaiczar

I would prefer the old one, I like the sharper sound than the current one, which sounds like a bit too soft for a weapon that hit crits and is kinda known for being accurate. Usually more buffed firing sounds are like associated with raw damage weapons like shotguns. Yeah the old one sounds like a piece of metal hitting a rotating bicycle wheel, but then again, I probably just need to get use to the new sound.

God damn it. Airsoft Soma.

Now DE nerfs everything. Even sounds.
Excalibur's iconic ability? "It never worked as intended." Nerf it.
Soma's iconic, the most recognizable sound that is dear to our hearts? Was probably too loud for some founder's ears. Nerf it, of course.

Edited by LABAL

It doesn't sound different from many other guns now. It should, though. That thing fires razor blades, not bullets!

Many guns sound similar to each other. It's not a big deal.

And I hate to break it to you, but it fires bullets.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

And I hate to break it to you, but it fires bullets.

Oh, really now? Okay. Turn the gun around and look into its barrel. No, I'm not asking you to shoot yourself. Keep your hands off the trigger and look. How could a round bullet come through that hole? It's clearly flat. Not by mistake. It deals primarily slash damage. It has high crit rate. It has low base damage. Its barel is flat. Put two and two together. It certainly shoots flat projectiles. It's either tiny bolas, discs, shurikens or some other blades. It's fascinating, really. I love that gun. And I pay attention to it.

Edited by LABAL

Oh, really now? Okay. Turn the gun around and look into its barrel. No, I'm not asking you to shoot yourself. Keep your hands off the trigger and look. How could a round bullet come through that hole? It's clearly flat. Not by mistake. It deals primarily slash damage. It has high crit rate. It has low base damage. Its barel is flat. Put two and two together. It certainly shoots flat projectiles. It's either tiny bolas, discs, shurikens or some other blades. It's fascinating, really. I love that gun. And I pay attention to it.

Or it's bullets, like regular old grakatas, and that's simply a miracle of space ninja design

Even if it does fire blades it shouldn't sound like a pathetic, wheezy hisspot of a gun

Now my soma sounds like a fart gun.

Not sure where you're hearing farts in the new sound.

Some guy once described the Soma's sound like pebbles hitting a corrugated iron roof and I think that's a pretty accurate description. It's what I kinda disliked about the gun.

So you might think I'd welcome the change. However, now I feel it just sounds generic and indistinct. Not sure if I like that better.

Or it's bullets, like regular old grakatas, and that's simply a miracle of space ninja design

Grakata's ammunition probably resembles musket balls rather than modern bullets judging by its appearance and parameters. Its magazine is very notable.

Grakata's ammunition probably resembles musket balls rather than modern bullets judging by its appearance and parameters. Its magazine is very notable.

I'm not sure why we're discussing the ammunition of fictional weapons, to be honest

It could be anything

If it's anything like the Soma Prime then I have to highly disagree with you. I absolutely love the new Soma prime's shot sound and I dare say I never want the higher pew pew sound to return!

It sounds like some dude over at DE put in a cheapo silencer to me...